Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Thank you for sharing that.

I can only imagine my dealer is clueless as it costs more time to deny its existence then to simply provide the data requested. I sent him back an email and included part of your photo. Hopefully that gets the job done.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Now that we've firmly established that he's lying to you...

The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
GrouseK9 (08-05-2021), Moretti (08-06-2021), TheMoke (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 11:20 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Now that we've firmly established that he's lying to you...
So far over the past several months my experience has been slow replies to emails/texts (typically 2-3 days) and many times required a follow up to see why I did not get a reply.

I was asking for a vista print update every 30 days or so. At one point in response to a vista update he request he told me, "Going forward, be happy to provide any ETA updates for you, however we have another method for seeing these updates without asking LR for Vista reports (they take some doing to obtain these) - so if its okay with you, going forward I'll provide the ETA info to you using this simpler method."

Now I presumed he was just logging into the vista website and printing it from the site. I have no idea what the simpler method is as the last two times I have asked for updates he again sent the same vista printouts via pdfs.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:24 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

So far over the past several months my experience has been slow replies to emails/texts (typically 2-3 days) and many times required a follow up to see why I did not get a reply.

I was asking for a vista print update every 30 days or so. At one point in response to a vista update he request he told me, "Going forward, be happy to provide any ETA updates for you, however we have another method for seeing these updates without asking LR for Vista reports (they take some doing to obtain these) - so if its okay with you, going forward I'll provide the ETA info to you using this simpler method."

Now I presumed he was just logging into the vista website and printing it from the site. I have no idea what the simpler method is as the last two times I have asked for updates he again sent the same vista printouts via pdfs.
I simply don't understand this common theme among these dealerships - where is the "premium" brand experience?!?! A little communication goes a long way in customer satisfaction - even if the answer is that they don't know. I never get updates unless I initiate. I've now dealt with 3 different sales people including the GM and the lack of responsiveness is consistent.

The following users liked this post:
Moretti (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 12:45 PM
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

It’s in! My V8 just got delivered! More photos to come.

Go see Trevor at Land Rover Alexandria in VA!

The following 9 users liked this post by Rover2point0:
4x4 DAVE (08-06-2021), angelboing (08-06-2021), AvoTow (08-06-2021), ColoradoDefender (08-06-2021), DiscoNight5 (08-06-2021), Jared34 (08-06-2021), Moretti (08-06-2021), robn (08-06-2021), Royalist (08-06-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-06-2021, 12:48 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by MrBreeze
I simply don't understand this common theme among these dealerships - where is the "premium" brand experience?!?! A little communication goes a long way in customer satisfaction - even if the answer is that they don't know. I never get updates unless I initiate. I've now dealt with 3 different sales people including the GM and the lack of responsiveness is consistent.
They need better dealership communication structures. Setup an update system every 2-4 weeks via email explaining what's happening. Some people might not care to be kept in the loop but obviously some do. When you have someone reaching out to you multiple times perhaps that should trigger a light to go off to try and stay on top of things and get the update to the customer before they request.

My build was originally supposed to take place in the beginning of June. I told my sales rep in May I would reach back out to him after that to get the vin and other updates. A week after it was supposed to be built it took two emails and a text to get a response only to find out the build had been delayed six weeks. Talk about disappointment and frustration from being left out of the loop. I told him this then and based on how limited his communication is I think he believes I'm just excessive in my info requests.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:49 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Rover2point0

I bet alot of people would love to see if you can get the rear lights to go out and replicate what has been happening due to the recall.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

Very nice!

Are they letting you drive it away?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:13 PM
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet alot of people would love to see if you can get the rear lights to go out and replicate what has been happening due to the recall.
Originally Posted by soulsea
Very nice!

Are they letting you drive it away?
I'm at home with it now. According to my sales rep the lights on mine have already been fixed but I'll try to see if I can get it to replicate the issue a bit later tonight. There was also a Defender X at the same dealer like 2 days ago that also already had its lights fixed I was told. He said that there were about 5-10 other V8's that got the lights fixed so far and would be going out for delivery soon. The rest are waiting on parts.

They said my car really is the first US delivery out of all of them after all.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm at home with it now. According to my sales rep the lights on mine have already been fixed but I'll try to see if I can get it to replicate the issue a bit later tonight. There was also a Defender X at the same dealer like 2 days ago that also already had its lights fixed I was told. He said that there were about 5-10 other V8's that got the lights fixed so far and would be going out for delivery soon. The rest are waiting on parts.

They said my car really is the first US delivery out of all of them after all.
Congrats!

Now please post a pics and first impressions thread in the next two hours.

Thnxby

The following 2 users liked this post by soulsea:
angelboing (08-06-2021), Jared34 (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 04:06 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Just found today out that the flooding in Germany was wiped out some train tracks between the Nitra plant and the Southampton, UK port, so my delivery has been delayed from 8/20 to some time in September. Sigh.

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (08-06-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now