2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 V8 Defender 110 - underwhelming exhaust?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 08:02 AM
BD1
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

How does it sound in dynamic mode? Is it a noticeable difference?

Old 12-16-2023, 10:03 AM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

started roaming Milteks site again after seeing the post. What’s intriguing is their new active valve control module. separate module that can be used for oem and aftermarket exhaust that use the oem valves

full control of the valves with a bluetooth remote. Unlike many other sports cars where the valves open and stay predominantly open the defender stays shut majority of the time and why many are dissatisfied with the sound.

not sure but even feels like in dynamic they don’t stay open the whole time. most be a EU noise regulation issue.

module is pricey but think it s a great option

Originally Posted by DGG9
There are not too many options to improve the sound unless you either do an oem exhaust mod or you change the whole system to the likes of quicksilver or milltek. It appears that there is a V2 milltek non res system which is an upgrade of their previous version fixing the drone effect. I have discarded the quicksilver system, not too keen on the app feature. I am in two minds, I think the non res system from milltek might be too much but I might still go with it and if I don’t like it I can get the resonated box fitted for around 200ish. I am based in the U.K. so with the particulate filters our systems here and quieter than those sold in the US. Hope it makes sense. I would also recommend fitting millteks valve controller along with their system to you can have full control over the behaviour of the valves at all times

The following users liked this post:
DGG9 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 12:32 PM
BD1
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Ehloo
started roaming Milteks site again after seeing the post. What’s intriguing is their new active valve control module. separate module that can be used for oem and aftermarket exhaust that use the oem valves

full control of the valves with a bluetooth remote. Unlike many other sports cars where the valves open and stay predominantly open the defender stays shut majority of the time and why many are dissatisfied with the sound.

not sure but even feels like in dynamic they don’t stay open the whole time. most be a EU noise regulation issue.

module is pricey but think it s a great option

This type of module?

https://newdefendermods.com/collecti...-valve-control

Old 12-16-2023, 02:08 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This same one I have though I bought directly from Milltek when they had discounts on the website

Old 12-16-2023, 02:20 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before installing the module, I tried on idle switching to dynamic mode and valves went fully open (unlike my old SVR which valves did open but not entirely). Not too sure about them staying open all the time once placed in dynamic mode, I have a feeling they remain open at all times. I have not seen any difference in sound between selecting dynamic mode and using the valve controller to open them manually, same lower rumble, etc. The only difference is the expected change in steering wheel, suspension, gear shift, etc, though these could also be changed with the configurable dynamics activation.

The following users liked this post:
BD1 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 02:31 PM
BD1
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the explanation