Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 X-Dynamic comes with rear recovery D-rings

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 10:27 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBreeze
The main reason is the Vintage Tan & Ebony seating was available in the MY21 X-Dynamic (and is what I had specified with the dealer, but arrived with the lighter Acorn/Ebony) in MY22, the Tan/Ebony interior combo is only available on the X.
Makes sense. I didn't realize that. Worth changing if that's what you wanted. But sorry you have to wait, and sorry you have to pay that much more just to get the interior color you want.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:28 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
There are so many flaming F' ups with folks that ordered 21's to get a differently configured 22 that I think it has nothing to do with local dealers. In fact, I think fewer people had the correct order than something different. It makes me think that the Dealers had little to nothing to do with it and JLR just did mass data conversions with no Customer/Sales input. That would go on par with their sub standard customer focus that is currently going on. With the halt of Defender production, I think JLR has effectively stopped making ANY vehicles. If this goes on for long, any sales person on a commission compensation plan is likely to find work elsewhere. As SC's leave Dealers I think we may start hearing the "behind the scenes" stories about all of this.

Was ANYONE contacted by their Sales Rep that their order was being switched to a 22 and they wanted to confirm the specs? Or did everyone have the same experience: ordered a 21 and down the line find out that it was/is built to a 22?
My MY22 was one of those that got shifted post order from a MY21. Had to go back and forth with the sales rep a few times until the Order Details sheet finally looked right, including sending him a spreadsheet with all of the items I wanted and their corresponding Vista codes listed. Everything was correct in my case, but I have a strong feeling that things like the Clear Sight mirror, morzine headliner color and a couple of other items would have been missed if I hadn’t been so thorough and simply trusted them to get it right.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:11 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

The main reason is the Vintage Tan & Ebony seating was available in the MY21 X-Dynamic (and is what I had specified with the dealer, but arrived with the lighter Acorn/Ebony) in MY22, the Tan/Ebony interior combo is only available on the X.
Did your dealer tell you that? The Tan and Ebony interior has only been in the X line for my20, my21, and my22. The HSE colors have been the same except for a variation of being either with ebony or solid. That would probably explain the problem.

Did you ever get a copy of your vista order to see exactly what the spec's were? I see that there are some people who have stated the vehicle showed up with wrong preferences or options but I have yet to figure out if someone in the plant simply did not follow the order or if the vehicle was ordered incorrectly to what the buyer wanted. In your case it sounds like you were told something that was not possible.

I asked my dealer to add the classic mud flaps as a port install. He told me the dealership could do it for 2x the price. He apparently was unaware that mud flaps were a port install. When I caught it was not on the vista order last week he told me it was too late to add them and that his dealership would not match the cost because they cant control land rovers build times. I told him that I understand that but it didnt explain how it back in March when I requested it was not enough time to make it happen. I know he just fracked up but you can see they dont honor their mistakes.

FWIW the X line was my favorite. My my21HSE and subsequent my22XS order turned into low 80k order which was higher than I wanted to spend and the X added about 10k. I loved the tan and black interior but could not justify the price increase just for that. I think I could custom upholster for cheaper.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:26 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Did your dealer tell you that? The Tan and Ebony interior has only been in the X line for my20, my21, and my22. The HSE colors have been the same except for a variation of being either with ebony or solid. That would probably explain the problem.

Did you ever get a copy of your vista order to see exactly what the spec's were? I see that there are some people who have stated the vehicle showed up with wrong preferences or options but I have yet to figure out if someone in the plant simply did not follow the order or if the vehicle was ordered incorrectly to what the buyer wanted. In your case it sounds like you were told something that was not possible.

I asked my dealer to add the classic mud flaps as a port install. He told me the dealership could do it for 2x the price. He apparently was unaware that mud flaps were a port install. When I caught it was not on the vista order last week he told me it was too late to add them and that his dealership would not match the cost because they cant control land rovers build times. I told him that I understand that but it didnt explain how it back in March when I requested it was not enough time to make it happen. I know he just fracked up but you can see they dont honor their mistakes.

FWIW the X line was my favorite. My my21HSE and subsequent my22XS order turned into low 80k order which was higher than I wanted to spend and the X added about 10k. I loved the tan and black interior but could not justify the price increase just for that. I think I could custom upholster for cheaper.
There are some info gaps due to 1) new dealership 2) a new rep who left mid-stream and after last date to change the order 3)Not being told the rep had left. 4)the General Manager who was clueless.
The MY21 X-Dynamic HSE was ordered with the Vintage Tan/Ebony, when it switched to MY22 and the public build site was down, the last date to change had passed and the rep who placed the order left the dealership. Never got the "updated" build sheet until I was at the dealership picking up the vehicle. Wrong wheels, no ClearSight and wrong interior. It was just a cluster. I'd expect better from a premium brand. Hindsight says I should have been in-person communicating rather than email, text and phone.

Of course now I feel the thread has been hijacked - the good news is the 2022 X-Dynamic comes with rear recovery D-Rings!

Old 06-30-2021, 12:38 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

There are some info gaps due to 1) new dealership 2) a new rep who left mid-stream and after last date to change the order 3)Not being told the rep had left. 4)the General Manager who was clueless.
The MY21 X-Dynamic HSE was ordered with the Vintage Tan/Ebony, when it switched to MY22 and the public build site was down, the last date to change had passed and the rep who placed the order left the dealership. Never got the "updated" build sheet until I was at the dealership picking up the vehicle. Wrong wheels, no ClearSight and wrong interior. It was just a cluster. I'd expect better from a premium brand. Hindsight says I should have been in-person communicating rather than email, text and phone.

Of course now I feel the thread has been hijacked - the good news is the 2022 X-Dynamic comes with rear recovery D-Rings!
Sounds like a cluster. I too have been pretty disappointed with my dealership. When I was growing up my parents purchased a Jaguar XJ in the late 80's and then a Disco one when they first came out. I remember we always raved about the treatment from Jaguar and then Land Rover although both vehicles were maintenance nightmares. As an Adult I feel like I should be thankful for just being able to buy a defender from my dealer. My sales rep was so slow to respond to me that I just randomly went in to see him even though we were supposed to be apt based the last time. Its pretty frustrating taking 4-5 days to get a reply from email and text.

Anyway what color did you order your X exterior?

Also FWIW the rear recovery loops were standard on my my21 HSE order. For my22 they are standard again on X dynamic + and optional on every build except the XS (explain that to me!)

Old 06-30-2021, 12:45 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Sounds like a cluster. I too have been pretty disappointed with my dealership. When I was growing up my parents purchased a Jaguar XJ in the late 80's and then a Disco one when they first came out. I remember we always raved about the treatment from Jaguar and then Land Rover although both vehicles were maintenance nightmares. As an Adult I feel like I should be thankful for just being able to buy a defender from my dealer. My sales rep was so slow to respond to me that I just randomly went in to see him even though we were supposed to be apt based the last time. Its pretty frustrating taking 4-5 days to get a reply from email and text.

Anyway what color did you order your X exterior?

Also FWIW the rear recovery loops were standard on my my21 HSE order. For my22 they are standard again on X dynamic + and optional on every build except the XS (explain that to me!)
​​​​​​
Gondwana Stone. The X that is on order will have the black hood vs the GS color on Dynamic-X HSE that's in my garage.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:52 PM
Drifting
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I was planning to order them from Powerful UK and pull the bumper and install, but hate dealing with trim. So you can imagine how pleased I was to discover my X-Dynamic SE came with a pair of them sticking out the bumper cover! Here's to at least getting something for the $3000-ish price increase over my 2021 build!
Congrats on the vehicle! But I would have been surprised if you didn't get the exposed recovery rings as they were standard equipment on the 2021 X-Dynamic SE trim.

The following users liked this post:
Ahparke (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 01:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by majl
Congrats on the vehicle! But I would have been surprised if you didn't get the exposed recovery rings as they were standard equipment on the 2021 X-Dynamic SE trim.
I didn't know that. I hope others who think they don't come with them will see this thread and not order a set from PUK thinking they need to be added.

Cheers!