Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 30th Anniversary Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 04:31 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
this is not correct. the given "market" varies by dealer, but is usually with a given state or region.
Believe what you want, it literally states that the sales territory is defined as the United States of America

Old 05-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

you're citing an irrelevant doc related to export outside of the united states that carries with it a whole other set of legal issues.

there is a 10% chargeback fee imposed by lrna for selling vehicles outside of their designated sales territory that is independent of this restriction. you can choose to believe it or don't, nobody cares.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

I got no dog in this hunt, but as a logician I say Robcut wins, at least at this point, because he produced a document that sufficiently demonstrates what he claims. Skeptical may be correct that it’s irrelevant, but without producing a similar document that further limits dealers as to where they can sell, he leaves us all skeptical.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 06:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I got no dog in this hunt, but as a logician I say Robcut wins, at least at this point, because he produced a document that sufficiently demonstrates what he claims. Skeptical may be correct that it’s irrelevant, but without producing a similar document that further limits dealers as to where they can sell, he leaves us all skeptical.
you aren't wrong, but these policies are internal to lrna and don't require customer disclosure, which is why there isn't a doc.

further, the policy of non-export was the subject of a recent lawsuit against lrna, as it prevented dealers from selling cars for export to china, which they alleged was against antitrust laws. i suspect this suit is how that document was made so readily available.

to be super clear, i'm not defending dealers who mark up above msrp, but in this day and age where everything sought after is an opportunity for scalpers to take things out of peoples hands to price gouge, the idea that "market adjustments" are used to ensure the car is sold to local, loyal customers is ok by me... assuming that's what happens in the end.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

^^I understand that reasoning, it’s solid. I land a little more on the side of “if a dealer in St. Louis will make me a better deal than any of the ones in Atlanta and I don’t mind a road trip or paying for shipping, why shouldn’t I buy in St. Louis?” It’s not like I’m saddling the local dealer with my warranty work when they don’t want it and only submit to it because I bought the truck from them; they love any kind of service work from what I hear, and in fact I’ll often buy from one local dealer of a brand and choose to get service from another local dealer who’s more convenient or just better.

So I’d say that while I prefer buying local for obvious reasons, I like the ability of distant dealers to help keep the locals a little more price flexible.

And that’s living in a metro area with multiple options already for most brands. We currently have LR, MB, Porsche and Nissan vehicles. There are 5 LR dealerships (two ownership groups); 5 or 6 MB dealers, 2 Porsche and countless Nissan options. But if I lived in a smaller market and was captive to a single dealer, I’d definitely want the ability to expand my search nationwide.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:03 AM
Drifting

yeah, i can't say exactly how "regions" work in this context, so it's possible you have some latitude. afaik, it also only applies to new vehicles. but definitely think it's working against people like yourself.

the worst bit here is that it seems unlikely you even have the ability to travel for the thing, depending on what it is. the demand for literally anything "limited edition" or sought after in any way is *insane* now. oddly enough, when shopping online, the only 30th anny trucks i find are those with clear market adjustment disclosures... so even if it's not something we all like or agree with, the fact they aren't all spoken for already means it's working to some degree.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
you're citing an irrelevant doc related to export outside of the united states that carries with it a whole other set of legal issues.

there is a 10% chargeback fee imposed by lrna for selling vehicles outside of their designated sales territory that is independent of this restriction. you can choose to believe it or don't, nobody cares.
Had an out-of-state friend ask me to set him up with my sales guy here in Florida. I asked contacts at 2 dealers about working with him to get sticker (8 months ago). Both said no problem and he bought from one.

These market restrictions seem self-imposed.

GrouseK9 (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 08:08 AM
Drifting

possibly. possibly model-specific, possibly supply-chain related, or even covid. could be region specific as well.

here in the midwest, it's a thing.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdflrd
You seem very angry. Are you compensating for something as it looks like you need to buy cars with giant engines? BTW a Rivian will smoke your caddy and TRX so you don't even have the biggest stick.
How on Earth does a Rivian compare to a TRX or a Cadillac sedan haha wtf?! That’s like saying, “Oh my Pagani is faster than your TRX!” Yeah no ****, haha not even the same segment. Not to mention all the first year problems with the Rivian and all the dickrider journalists on it cuz they’re bought out. Makes no sense.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
How on Earth does a Rivian compare to a TRX or a Cadillac sedan haha wtf?! That’s like saying, “Oh my Pagani is faster than your TRX!” Yeah no ****, haha not even the same segment. Not to mention all the first year problems with the Rivian and all the dickrider journalists on it cuz they’re bought out. Makes no sense.
100% not trying to break your nuts but I'm lost here. I didn't know much abt the TRX so I looked it up.

​​​​​​​Dodge makes their entire TRX sales pitch based on power, falsely claiming it's the "fastest pickup truck in the world". They do indicate their are disclaimer footnotes with the little circled numbers but those are never actually presented anywhere on the page.

From there, the #2 reason to buy is that it has the "biggest air filter in its class". Uh, okay.
​​​​​
Is the R1T not a pickup truck? What am I missing here?

0-60 isn't the only thing that matters but it's the one thing Dodge is telling you to focus on so...

skeptical (05-22-2022)

Quick Reply: 2023 30th Anniversary Edition?