2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 30th Anniversary Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 10:39 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

My dealer got their first of two this morning - I went right over when I got the call, I have blue 90 coming next month, so looked at it, sat in it like half an hour thinking about it. So basically a $75K white 4 cylinder 110 with a bunch of options, but missing the digital display, adaptive cruise, clearview, HUD. cooled seats, heated steering wheel. And just the cheap plaque on the back. I could have bought it, then traded in on my 90 next month, or sell

it for a profit and take delivery on my 90.

The following users liked this post:
MattEvan (05-13-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:26 PM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

if you option the truck in the configuration tool on the website, the price is within 2k for what you get (which includes heated wheel). so you pay a small premium for a 30th anny. special edition. if i were to order one, it would be this spec, but in tasman blue. i suspect others desire a similar build, so they'll be popular. the screen/chip shortage affects almost everyone, so that's not really worth mentioning.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,256 Likes on 747 Posts

@Trauma - That's a very tough, very personal choice. You do you is what I recommend<g>. Here's my random 2 cents which is likely worth less than that.

These days, $2k isn't a big difference. Anyone being frugal is going to be waiting a lot longer. With the wonky resale values, who knows if it's truly worth it. Finally, if they just dropped 500 of these, who knows what else is pending so maybe supply will get better. I struggled with my four Econ classes, so what do I know?

That white is a fantastic base vehicle. As someone else has shown, a few light mods and it is a classic. I, too, prefer the Tasman; but the white beats a lot of other colors if you want to go old school.

Digital Display - BFD. I have it and it really isn't all that.
Adaptive Cruise - I love it on country roads, highways - it's a death curse. Over reacts when maniacs dive in front of you. Ymmv in your area.
Clearview - was on my "must have, whine list". Now that I've red-neck engineered an alternative, it has fallen to a "who cares, this can be overcome".
HUD - I don't know why, but I love HUD. It is highly personal to your eyeballs. Some can't stand/see it. I love it. This one would be a painful compromise for me.
Cooled seats - These are the best I've had. But have to admit, I may run them for 5 minutes and then turn them off. I consider it more a gimmick than a need. And I live in Texas!
Heated steering wheel - Did I mention I live in Texas?

skeptical (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Mudding
Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

As I mentioned upthread, very similar to my build except mine is Tasman blue. I'm very happy I managed to get the bigger screen and the clear sight mirror, though. Both make a big difference IMHO.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:01 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

handy walk around here:

GrouseK9 (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 10:13 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
I believe it to be true but that's kind of a random restriction considering they are also apparently allowed to sell well over MSRP.....
I live in a state with no dealers (Vermont). The nearest dealer is 150 miles away. What I have found is that all dealers are allowed to sell to me. Unfortunately, the only dealers selling at msrp refuse to sell to me apparently in order to capture service and other backend costs associated with local sales.
If you live in St. Louis or Marlboro N.J. you are in luck. Just call and buy at msrp.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:13 PM
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
handy walk around here:

https://youtu.be/NyxOz0V9Rj0
those aftermarket wheels are hideous.

The following 2 users liked this post by new to landrover:
catman (05-23-2022), skeptical (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 05:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by new to landrover
those aftermarket wheels are hideous.
I hadn’t clicked the video because I’m not particularly interested, but I did so after your post. You are so right! Absurd! Makes the brake discs look like tiny little pucks in the middle of a big open space.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I hadn’t clicked the video because I’m not particularly interested, but I did so after your post. You are so right! Absurd! Makes the brake discs look like tiny little pucks in the middle of a big open space.
Haha, probably they are using these aftermarket wheels as an excuse to charge (I'm guessing) $10K in dealer installed accesories (mark up).

I get it the white steelies are not for everybody, but those are just horrible.

I do like the 30th anniv. package, my son is looking to get one soon...

Old 05-14-2022, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robcut1
I live in a state with no dealers (Vermont). The nearest dealer is 150 miles away. What I have found is that all dealers are allowed to sell to me. Unfortunately, the only dealers selling at msrp refuse to sell to me apparently in order to capture service and other backend costs associated with local sales.
If you live in St. Louis or Marlboro N.J. you are in luck. Just call and buy at msrp.
Wow, I assumed that every state had at least one dealer of every OEM brand...

Quick Reply: 2023 30th Anniversary Edition?