2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, and unfortunately there’s no way to force it reliably (some seem to have success trying tricks like disabling cellular or getting stronger wifi signals, etc). And the dealer cannot do it. We took delivery of ours near the end of Dec 2022 and I asked if they could verify anything. They just claimed it was “the latest according to their equipment”. They couldn’t even verify anything about which actual version was installed other than trying to see what would be shown on that blank screen.
The truck finally pulled the update around mid-February. None of the tricks other people tried worked for me lol

Old 03-04-2023, 10:54 AM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by chuyn
Yeah, and unfortunately there’s no way to force it reliably (some seem to have success trying tricks like disabling cellular or getting stronger wifi signals, etc). And the dealer cannot do it. We took delivery of ours near the end of Dec 2022 and I asked if they could verify anything. They just claimed it was “the latest according to their equipment”. They couldn’t even verify anything about which actual version was installed other than trying to see what would be shown on that blank screen.
The truck finally pulled the update around mid-February. None of the tricks other people tried worked for me lol
I know with Apple they do a "slowed" release sometimes - it's not available to everyone at once - so might be the same thing here, where it's rolled in batches.

I guess you can partially blame covid - but in all my purchases over the years, we sadly never had these problems -can't order what you want, get something different, etc. Worst new roll out of a vehicle in history lol

Old 03-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Trauma
I know with Apple they do a "slowed" release sometimes - it's not available to everyone at once - so might be the same thing here, where it's rolled in batches.

I guess you can partially blame covid - but in all my purchases over the years, we sadly never had these problems -can't order what you want, get something different, etc. Worst new roll out of a vehicle in history lol
Agreed. Had so much anxiety during the order process not knowing if any features would be cut from our 110X. Some things would’ve been dealbreakers to me because they couldn’t be added later (digital gauges or bigger infotainment for example). But turned out we got everything we wanted other than USB-C ports and the sunglass holder 😒. Luckily the ports are to be installed later and we can retrofit the sunglass holder.

Tbh, seeing things so uncertain, I didn’t even believe my dealership that the items I wanted were indeed there until I saw them with my own eyes before taking delivery..

Old 03-06-2023, 07:34 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My update finally came after 2 weeks of the car being delivered!

The following users liked this post:
chuyn (03-07-2023)