Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2025 Model year Defenders

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:10 AM
Drifting
Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by icantpickaname13
Interesting to see people on the same thread simultaneously mourning the loss of steel wheels but celebrating the suede cloth headliner 🤔
Haha. So happy I snagged the steel wheels. But folks, I think that was last call for them. They are not coming back.

The steel wheels was part of LR's early signalling that "this is a real off-roader." But by now they are pushing more towards the "I really want a G-wagon to take to the mall but can't quite afford one" crowd.

Anyway, dressing up the cabin a little is OK too. I also got the Windsor leather / extended leather, mostly because the base leather was such cheap nasty stuff. I would have gotten the "suede" headliner too, because that has significant sound-dampening properties, and it does look nicer than the base cloth material. But that wasn't an option then, and it doesn't seem to be an option on the S now either.

Last edited by Zondar; 05-14-2024 at 11:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zondar:
curb-optional (05-15-2024), GavinC (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 11:53 AM
Mudding
Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyRovers
I'm hoping the lack of 18" wheel options is just an error on the configurator. They are still available in pretty much every other market. And seeing how screwed up the configurator is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the 18" wheels will be back on the configurator soon.
Agreed, I think this is the case too.

Old 05-14-2024, 12:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,294 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by paule
I looked at the UK build site the other day and it's gone from there too.

The Aussies still have them. So at least it tells us that they haven't gone fully insane and are sticking massive rotors on everything.

Can be fitted aftermarket but what a needless royal PITA.

The following users liked this post:
paule (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 12:46 PM
Mudding
Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
I looked at the UK build site the other day and it's gone from there too.

The Aussies still have them. So at least it tells us that they haven't gone fully insane and are sticking massive rotors on everything.

Can be fitted aftermarket but what a needless royal PITA.
That would definitely be a bummer. I don't understand why they need such large brakes. Lots of heavy vehicles get by with brakes that allow 17" rims. It's not like the Defender has world class braking or anything.

The following users liked this post:
curb-optional (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 04:18 AM
Emp
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

this is my first post in the forum and I'm looking forward to interesting discussions. I have also posted this post in another Defender forum as I could not register here due to spam protection. It worked with Facebook

I am from Germany and ordered a d300 110 HSE Pangea 6 weeks ago and I already own a GAP Tool G4.

My salesman told me that my order is confirmed but I don't have a build slot yet so there will probably be an upgrade to the d350.

This means I will probably get the “facelift” and Wade Sensing will now be an option from Offroad Package. So I can't order the offroad package with 22 inch tires. I actually wanted to order 22 inch rims for everyday use and I have suitable offroad rims in the garage.

My question is whether Wade Sensing requires components or if I can activate it through my GAP tool? I assume it requires sensors, which would mean changing my entire build..
I also wonder if the fabric roof is still available for the HSE?

I don't know if this post is more important for MY25 or for GAP but I tried here.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Emp; 05-15-2024 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

I'm curious. I'm late to the thread, so apologies if already posted. Are they still warning that there are COVID supply (oops, I meant supply mismanagement) issues that could result in features not delivered? I'm still out on ordering another one until I get what I ordered. I was fortunate enough to miss the entire "box of chocolate" era and I'm hoping it's over.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:46 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Emp
Hello,

this is my first post in the forum and I'm looking forward to interesting discussions. I have also posted this post in another Defender forum as I could not register here due to spam protection. It worked with Facebook

I am from Germany and ordered a d300 110 HSE Pangea 6 weeks ago and I already own a GAP Tool G4.

My salesman told me that my order is confirmed but I don't have a build slot yet so there will probably be an upgrade to the d350.

This means I will probably get the “facelift” and Wade Sensing will now be an option from Offroad Package. So I can't order the offroad package with 22 inch tires. I actually wanted to order 22 inch rims for everyday use and I have suitable offroad rims in the garage.

My question is whether Wade Sensing requires components or if I can activate it through my GAP tool? I assume it requires sensors, which would mean changing my entire build..
I also wonder if the fabric roof is still available for the HSE?

I don't know if this post is more important for MY25 or for GAP but I tried here.

Thanks a lot!
I'm not sure if they will be able to be activated via the GAP tool because the wade sensors are literally parking sensors on the bottom of the mirrors. I guess the only way to find out is to see if you have the sensors on the mirrors once you take delivery.

Old 05-15-2024, 12:37 PM
Mudding
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't think it's an error - I think JLR pulled the 18" steel wheels from the US market. In other markets you can still order a "normal roof." It's only in the US market JLR mandates that everyone have a glass roof, as nobody here ever loads and uses a roof?! So, yea, JLR does that to the US. We get told "you don't really want steel wheels," and then presto, they are gone from our market. Of course many folks do want 18" steel wheels, but for whatever reason, JLR is not in the business of giving us what we want. They instead send the US only what they want to produce. Very annoying. JLR should appreciate what the GX OT is doing; it's better to make what folks want to buy than to force on consumers what you - JLR - thinks we should be driving.... UGh.

The following 2 users liked this post by curb-optional:
CincyRovers (05-15-2024), paule (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 01:53 PM
Mudding
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

That would definitely be a bummer. I don't understand why they need such large brakes. Lots of heavy vehicles get by with brakes that allow 17" rims. It's not like the Defender has world class braking or anything.
I agree completely. JLR not offering a Defender with 18" rims has to do with JLR not wanting to "sully" their brand's image. Don't let a Defender driver go for a drive with a Jeep owner! Eeek, clutch the pearls! JLR is being an epic & royal snob. JLR is like "Oh no, if we put 18" rims on Defender and folks buy off road tires, they may then actually drive off road! Then their passenger's champagne glasses will spill and they won't be able to get the bon-bon in their mouths! We can't let that happen - let's prohibit off road tires! Yea, great idea!" Ugh... If JLR wanted a Defender on 18" rims so it could go play in the mud and rock with a Wrangler and Bronco, it could surely do that. But it doesn't. Restricting Defender owners from off road tire choices keeps those Defenders on paved roads, which is the only place JLR thinks Defenders should be. Who thinks if JLR wanted a solution, they couldn't figure it out? Of course they could. But then you'd see a Defender next to a 4Runner, GX OT, LC, Wrangler, or Bronco, and you can't associate with those people. Basic snobbery keeps JLR from thinking anyone buying a Defender would also respect what Wrangler or any of the others can do. JLR should get over themselves. If a Defender owner pays JLR $80k for a Defender, why does JLR care if they have to fit it with 18" rims to sell it to a totally happy customer? Metaphysical level snobbery. They may no longer manufacture as much in the UK, but they still seem to retain that British Monarchy way of thinking....

Old 05-15-2024, 02:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts

You know you can buy the steel wheels (and rear calipers if necessary) on eBay, fb marketplace, etc, install them yourself, and put an end to all the crying, right?

The following 5 users liked this post by robn:
curb-optional (05-15-2024), icantpickaname13 (05-15-2024), jclaffee (05-20-2024), lrFFM (05-16-2024), ZeroWG (05-15-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025 Model year Defenders