2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best song to show off Meridian Surround System

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024 | 06:31 AM
Drifting

It's kind of weak for a hi end system.
I was wondering if I had the standard system. It says Meridian on the speakers but I only have treble, bass, and sub controls.

Old 03-10-2024 | 09:45 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Pjazz
It's kind of weak for a hi end system.
I was wondering if I had the standard system. It says Meridian on the speakers but I only have treble, bass, and sub controls.
From what I understand, if it only says, “Meridian” on the speakers, then it is in fact the smaller audio system - not the “Meridian Surround” system. It should have a “Meridian Surround” label on speakers if it is the higher end system.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

Old 03-10-2024 | 09:48 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by longtrip68
From what I understand, if it only says, “Meridian” on the speakers, then it is in fact the smaller audio system - not the “Meridian Surround” system. It should have a “Meridian Surround” label on speakers if it is the higher end system.

I think you're right. So disregard my statement.

Old 03-10-2024 | 10:04 AM
Rock Crawling

That is correct.

Old 03-10-2024 | 10:07 AM
Rock Crawling

What do you mean by “setting it up correctly”? I only see Treble, Bass and Subwoofer” controls in addition to standard balance/fader

I am asking because I am new to the Defender, but have owned a 2017 Disco V with Meridian Surround for last 6 years. The Disco Meridian Surround really blows my minds (in a great way) and continues to do so (and all settings are the default with “Surround” On). The Disco’s system is the best factory system I have ever heard. So, when shopping for the Defender, the Meridian Surround was a must have for me. However, so far, 4 days into my ownership, the Defender’s Meridian Surround is disappointing. No mid-range, poor bass, weak subwoofer - in my opinion. I keep slowly adjusting Bass and Subwoofer in the positive direction, but it still hasn’t come close to sounding like my Disco.

So, just wondering what I’m missing as far as settings.
Nothing very complicated, but when mine came from the factory, the audio setting was "Stereo", and not very impressive. It needs to be set to "Meridian" to get the full surround sound.

Old 03-10-2024 | 10:46 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Pjazz
I think you're right. So disregard my statement.
Although, the Meridian Surround system does not add any more “controls” other than a “Meridian” button below the Treble Bass Subwoofer sliders.

Old 03-11-2024 | 04:43 PM
Three Wheeling

Hmm... Mine has 'Meridian Surround' printed on it... honestly with how poorly it performs I had presumed it must be the base system.

The following users liked this post:
pjeski (03-11-2024)
Old 03-17-2024 | 10:03 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by pinion
Hmm... Mine has 'Meridian Surround' printed on it... honestly with how poorly it performs I had presumed it must be the base system.
Just to clarify your statement, “mine has Meridian Surround printed on it”. Do you mean “Meridian Surround” is printed on label by the door speaker; OR you actually have a “Meridian Surround” button on the Pivi Pro screen under Audio settings (see pic in several posts above)?

Old 03-17-2024 | 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling

Just to clarify your statement, “mine has Meridian Surround printed on it”. Do you mean “Meridian Surround” is printed on label by the door speaker; OR you actually have a “Meridian Surround” button on the Pivi Pro screen under Audio settings (see pic in several posts above)?
Both.

I have toggled the Meridian surround mode on/off in Pivi. There is an improvement certainly with it enabled but overall my impression is that the speakers in all locations seem very inadequate. The mounting locations seem to need a bunch of extra deadening and treatment. Not to mention overall the system seems to have a serious lack of power needed to control the drivers in any meaningful way. The best I can manage with it is at low volumes (about 1/3 of the volume bar graph) with non-demanding tracks that don’t require any kind of mid bass or lower frequency response.

Old 03-17-2024 | 02:43 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by pinion
Both.

I have toggled the Meridian surround mode on/off in Pivi. There is an improvement certainly with it enabled but overall my impression is that the speakers in all locations seem very inadequate. The mounting locations seem to need a bunch of extra deadening and treatment. Not to mention overall the system seems to have a serious lack of power needed to control the drivers in any meaningful way. The best I can manage with it is at low volumes (about 1/3 of the volume bar graph) with non-demanding tracks that don’t require any kind of mid bass or lower frequency response.
Sorry, but gonna try and be more specific with my question: Does the button on your Pivi Pro screen say, “Meridian” OR “Meridian Surround”?

I too have the “Meridian Surround” label by my speaker grill in my Defender. However, on the Pivi Pro screen under Audio settings, my button choices are either “Stereo” OR “Meridian” (eg it doesn’t say “Meridian Surround”)

I am asking because my Discovery with Meridian Surround has three(3) choices on the Pivi Pro: “Stereo”, “Meridian” and “Meridian Surround”. I’m just trying to figure out if my Defender has the “Meridian Surround” label on the door, but for whatever reason isn’t actually programmed with the right software. Dunno…swing in the dark

Quick Reply: Best song to show off Meridian Surround System