2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a 11.4" touch screen be retrofitted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 01:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewes
I've also had a Defender order "in" with a dealer since mid-last year, and they just received allocations for my build about a week and a half ago. I went in and affirmed my build with them, and the suspected happened.

-The '22 model was now a '23, which included a hefty price hike since I wanted the now-defunct X-Dynamic S (essentially the best value build you can spec).
-The price hike was sold to me in part because the X-Dynamic SE option includes a black roof option and a sliding pano roof (which I didn't have on my original build). I also was told I'd get a larger screen, at least, since it was now standard on 2023's. Small victory considering when I first started building out a spec it was a $200-something upgrade, but at time of build in mid-2021 it was no longer an option on the builder. I also wanted the Suedecloth interior in my original build, no longer available for builds.
-Regardless, I placed the order, knowing that these dealers are having a bit of issue getting allocations from JLR. If you wanted a P300 you still don't have an allocation, for example.
-This week I got my build dates, delivery dates, and was told that I'd be receiving my car 10.5 months after placing the original order.
-I was also informed I wouldn't get the larger screen or the clearsight mirror.
-My dealer has actually been incredibly apologetic through this mess and does seem to care. They seem embarrassed, frankly. They've apologized and I do think their hands are tied. No one likes giving crappy news to excited customers.
yes. I checked the order details, it still 10” display instead of standard/spec 11.4”. Also analogy dial with centra TFT display instead of interactive driver display. A little bit disappointing. Did your dealer refund you some cash due to these downgrade?

Old 02-07-2022, 03:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

I've read a lot of posts @JohnEnglish about folks who are ordering or have received Defenders without all the proper bits, parts, or options. To date I can't recall a single one that received a discount of any sort. Nor have they received any consolation schwag. Oh, one got a tire cover but I think that was standard for the Dealership<g>. Doesn't mean you should go for the attempt though. Ask for a discount! Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
markjlr (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 02:47 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

I’ll probably offer that option at www.JLR active.com please come and check us out.

Originally Posted by Yulongtd6
11.4 isn't going into new RR, it's 13.1 in the RR. Let's see if we can retrofit that into a defender.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markjlr
I’ll probably offer that option at www.JLR active.com please come and check us out.
I had a look at your site. Can the “activations” be done remotely, or do you need to physically connect to the vehicles in person?

Old 02-08-2022, 08:07 PM
LR Forum Vendor

they really need to be done in person. Cheers.

Originally Posted by ..mg..
I had a look at your site. Can the “activations” be done remotely, or do you need to physically connect to the vehicles in person?

Old 02-16-2022, 11:14 PM
4wd High
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t know if this is an indication that I will get it but I just had my MY23 110 S p300 build confirmed and on the build sheet just sent a couple of days ago from my dealer it has the 11.4 screen listed. I optioned pretty much everything but went with the S because I wanted the steel wheels/white roof combo. Hope it comes with the larger screen, not sure how I would feel if I missed out on that AND the interactive display.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:00 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieisreal
I don’t know if this is an indication that I will get it but I just had my MY23 110 S p300 build confirmed and on the build sheet just sent a couple of days ago from my dealer it has the 11.4 screen listed. I optioned pretty much everything but went with the S because I wanted the steel wheels/white roof combo. Hope it comes with the larger screen, not sure how I would feel if I missed out on that AND the interactive display.
Its so nice to hear that. You are lucky man. I asked my dealer to double check that. I can waiver interactive driver display because I guess I do not want to be distracted for so big volume information there. Under extreme situation my analogy dial display can show speed anyway when something is going wrong. But I do like larger display I think it has improved lot compared to 10 inch touchscreen.

The following users liked this post:
Zooke (07-10-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Mudding
Received 145 Likes on 62 Posts

Vulkan Automotive now have them in stock and are taking orders - issue is it’s not a self fit as it needs to be plugged into Pathfinder to program it.

Link here

Old 07-08-2022, 02:59 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Ebay has the clusters used but working for 467. But you do need someone with programming skills in person.

Originally Posted by Ludders54
Vulkan Automotive now have them in stock and are taking orders - issue is it’s not a self fit as it needs to be plugged into Pathfinder to program it.

Link here

Old 07-08-2022, 03:13 PM
Mudding
Received 145 Likes on 62 Posts

Mark, from my recollection - it has to be programmed by JLR’s Pathfinder system 😞

Quick Reply: Can a 11.4" touch screen be retrofitted?