Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot log into incontrol

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 02:29 PM
Winching
Received 630 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
Circling back on my issue. A JLR customer service rep called me back on Monday of this week (Jan 10) and they got my account all sorted. Whatever was broken, has been fixed (at least for my account + my vehicle - all is working now).

What I would suggest doing. Go in and create a new account with a new email address. It might get you moving faster.

Apparently there was some problem with people like me who had a Land Rover account previously (endlessly building Defenders on the site for the past year... and saving builds etc... as well as useless account for a pre-Pivi old L494 Sport)... Anyway, on the phone she walked me through removing that account, re-creating a new one -- and when we did it, it's now working great.
When I picked up my Defender, I was told by my salesman that I would be contacted by their ‘technology/features concierge’ and that I was allotted an hour assistance with any settings, features, or tech that I needed help with. I actually didn’t need any help there, since while waiting nearly six months for my vehicle I downloaded and read the owners manual several times, watched numerous YouTube videos, and read tons of informative posts on this thread. What I did need her help with was the initial account setup, in order to log in to Pivi Pro, set up my preferences and link the Land Rover apps, like Remote and InControl Apps in my phone to the vehicle. That required going to landrover.com/InControl, if my memory serves me right. But I soon found that one could not complete these actions on a mobile device, specifically my iPad. She explained it was a shortcoming in their software support, and I would need to register via a desktop PC or a laptop, neither of which I own or need. She did it for me over the phone, with me supplying the login information while she set me up on her computer. If anyone has difficulty, your dealership should provide the support to get everything up and running.

The following users liked this post:
TROPHY55 (01-13-2022)