Cross bars, Cargo management divider and tracks

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 06:59 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts
Default thule

how much higher does the cross bars sit over the gps

Originally Posted by Tartan
Yes, have had it on mine for a few weeks.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

About two inches.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:33 PM
Winching
Default thule

looks like you have pretty good clearance in your garage. i am pretty close with my 1 inch lift and need wheels. i need to atleast be able to get the car in with the cross bars

from my research it looks like the podium feet are very similar to my x5m set. i’m going tk try it out and maybe i just need the foot kit

About two inches.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:53 AM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Back on Cargo Management, I have a 110 arriving here shortly and did not opt for the Loadspace Retention Rails from the Factory. I did opt for the rubber mats. I often haul a number of items that you'd prefer not to have bounce around in the back (gas tanks, propane tanks, tools, etc.). I'm now looking at buying the Load Retention Rails (VPLES0543) and the Loadspace Retention Kit (VPLCS0324) and am trying to figure out if the vehicle is configured so I can just drop those rails in. Oh and its like $550 for both of those which seems unsurprisingly excessive (and more costly than the milk crates I've used to store stuff in the past). I also presume that you'd either have to pull out the cargo mat or cut some holes in it to use the retention system. Any words of wisdom/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:04 PM
Winching
Default part numbers

it doesn’t seem 183040 or 3040 or 753 are US part numbers.

my local Thule dealer can’t find the parts.

where did you order these from

Yes, have had it on mine for a few weeks.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Amazon has the 753100 (lower profile podium feet).

http://Thule 753100 Rapid System Fix..._iUgeGbH9APH68

I got the 3040 kit from Amazon as well, but it’s not showing as available right now. Google search shows a few other sources such as REI and rackattack.

https://www.rackattack.com/us/base-r...saAqssEALw_wcB

Old 02-02-2021, 12:30 AM
Winching
Default thule

i received my foot pack today and looking to install the bars over the weekend.

did you install the bars yourself. trying to figure out if all parts included with the foot pack are used esp the rubber piece. I am
not getting how that fits

Originally Posted by Ehloo
how much higher does the cross bars sit over the gps

Old 02-02-2021, 02:18 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts
Old 02-02-2021, 09:17 AM
Rock Crawling

Yes, once you figure it out, takes a few minutes per foot. I actually take them off when not using them. Takes me five minutes now for both bars as it’s just one bolt per foot.

You need to use all parts. Put the feet together individually off the car, but leave the plastic cover with lock off. Get all bolts set but loose. Keep the t but loose enough to insert in the slot. Then attach to cross bar off the car keeping everything loose. Then put the whole thing up on the roof and insert t nuts into the track using the openings. Slide to near the small notches in the roof rail, but make sure t nut stays away from the notch or openings itself. Seat the rubber base evenly on the rail and make sure t nut is fully in the slot. Tighten t nut first on all feet then tighten upper two bolts after making sure bars are aligned. Cut rubber strip and insert underneath. Make sure you install the rubber strip in the cross bar t slot first if you got the evo bar. You have to pull that strip apart first. Search YouTube for instructions if none of this makes sense.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:23 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by skokes
Back on Cargo Management, I have a 110 arriving here shortly and did not opt for the Loadspace Retention Rails from the Factory. I did opt for the rubber mats. I often haul a number of items that you'd prefer not to have bounce around in the back (gas tanks, propane tanks, tools, etc.). I'm now looking at buying the Load Retention Rails (VPLES0543) and the Loadspace Retention Kit (VPLCS0324) and am trying to figure out if the vehicle is configured so I can just drop those rails in. Oh and its like $550 for both of those which seems unsurprisingly excessive (and more costly than the milk crates I've used to store stuff in the past). I also presume that you'd either have to pull out the cargo mat or cut some holes in it to use the retention system. Any words of wisdom/thoughts would be much appreciated.
I had the car ordered with the rails, it was pretty economical that way, only $150 for the rails. I bought the Retention kit on Ebay for something like $120 with shipping. Pretty cheap and I didn't care that much if it was new or used as long as it worked.

The guys on the other side of the pond, have a video of installing the rails on an Evoque. It can't be that much different for the Defender. I have had the rubber cargo mat in the past, and to get to the floor tie downs, I just cut along a predetermined cut out. They make it pretty easy on everyone.

Rob

Quick Reply: Cross bars, Cargo management divider and tracks