Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer makeup. Still a thing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 03:06 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJFRESH
Just visiting Cerritos JLR on mom's weekend and they are sitting on a few X- D 110's. That might be because they are asking $10k over sticker and claim they are unable to take orders 🙄
I know exactly which 110's you are talking about LOL. I went there a few weeks ago and salesman was telling me I need to buy one of them now because "this won't be here tomorrow"...well apparently they are, considering they are asking WAY above msrp smh. Did you ask them about a custom-build as well, and they said they aren't taking orders?

Last edited by rangeallblack; 05-12-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdhappy
I’d love the name of your Guide/Client Advisor in SLC -My 2019 Full Size Discovery was totaled last month (drunk driver in a Ford Econoline Van hit us head on at 55MPH; I’ve driven an LR since 2000, my first accident, and, our LR Absolutely Saved Our Lives&#128591

Everywhere I’ve been calling is saying $10-30K Over MSRP for a New Defender 110, even for an order. (Not to mention CPO ones are over MSRP also?!

Or if anyone knows where I can purchase a New 6-cylinder Defender 110 (in-stock or order) for MSRP OR LESS, anywhere in the US, I’d love the tip!

-Thank you in-advance!

(I’m on the west coast).
Any updates on your end? Were you able to find any for MSRP?

Old 05-12-2022, 04:15 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rangeallblack
I know exactly which 110's you are talking about LOL. I went there a few weeks ago and salesman was telling me I need to buy one of them now because "this won't be here tomorrow"...well apparently they are, considering they are asking WAY above msrp smh. Did you ask them about a custom-build as well, and they said they aren't taking orders?
No orders because the SP claimed they had met their allocations. Seems like with all of the 100s they have on their lot, they may have to get agressive to insure they don't get hosed on upcoming MY allocation

Old 05-12-2022, 09:50 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with a couple of dealers in the Boston area and on ordered units one wanted 20% over sticker and another was asking $10K over sticker. My wife has 3 LR3 and LR4's and doesn't like the look of the Discovery so I'm trying to find a 110 for her.

Old 05-13-2022, 04:43 AM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pharden
I spoke with a couple of dealers in the Boston area and on ordered units one wanted 20% over sticker and another was asking $10K over sticker. My wife has 3 LR3 and LR4's and doesn't like the look of the Discovery so I'm trying to find a 110 for her.
I’m in RI with a 2020.5 HSE with options ( trailer, Adv OR, meridian, etc) and 13k miles if you’re interested.

Old 05-16-2022, 01:28 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I sat down with a local dealer recently hoping to order a D90. My build is sparse with cloth seats and very few options, about $57K MSRP. Dealer insisted on a $10,000.00 markup on a base Defender order. I inquired what's the markup on a $100K order and it was the same $10,000.00. This made no sense to me and I left without placing an order. It simply boggles my mind that LR allows these ridiculous markups, especially on a base Defender.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 01:51 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by MrBell
I sat down with a local dealer recently hoping to order a D90. My build is sparse with cloth seats and very few options, about $57K MSRP. Dealer insisted on a $10,000.00 markup on a base Defender order. I inquired what's the markup on a $100K order and it was the same $10,000.00. This made no sense to me and I left without placing an order. It simply boggles my mind that LR allows these ridiculous markups, especially on a base Defender.
Dealers are having a moment. Let them enjoy it. Sooner than later "markup madness" will end and they will be back to begging buyers to take Defenders off the lot at any reasonable offer.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:17 PM
4wd Low

It was worse than just the "markup madness". The whole experience was something akin to a sleazy Chrysler or Ford dealership. The Salesman, in gold chains and bad frosted haircut chewed on a toothpick and lectured me about how cars would never sell for msrp again. He played the whole discussion as if I was a fool for even asking about markups. Needless to say I cut the conversation short and left. I thought Land Rover was an upscale purchasing experience, but frankly it was more of the same old tired "car salesman" bull$hit. In contrast, purchasing my 2021 4Runner was a pleasant and professional experience. Bummer... I really like the D90 but I'm not going to waste my time in the cesspool of a Land Rover dealership.

GrouseK9 (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 05:38 PM
5th Gear
Thumbs up Markup Madness

Originally Posted by MrBell
It was worse than just the "markup madness". The whole experience was something akin to a sleazy Chrysler or Ford dealership. The Salesman, in gold chains and bad frosted haircut chewed on a toothpick and lectured me about how cars would never sell for msrp again. He played the whole discussion as if I was a fool for even asking about markups. Needless to say I cut the conversation short and left. I thought Land Rover was an upscale purchasing experience, but frankly it was more of the same old tired "car salesman" bull$hit. In contrast, purchasing my 2021 4Runner was a pleasant and professional experience. Bummer... I really like the D90 but I'm not going to waste my time in the cesspool of a Land Rover dealership.
Care to share the name of the dealership? Buyers need to take some power back, and putting s**ty shops on blast might help start that transition.

GrouseK9 (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 06:37 PM
4wd Low

Land Rover Tacoma. The Seattle dealer is no better however. Some of their Defenders have a $50K markup.

Quick Reply: Dealer makeup. Still a thing?