2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 110 delivered without USB/power outlets in second row. Easy fix?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 02:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rovermt
I have ordered one USB-A and one USB-C port. Fingers crossed the wired plugs fit!
The two ports came in the mail yesterday and plugged in as expected! I masked around one of the blanks and used a plastic gift card to slide under the blank and pop it out. Once I had one out, the others can be poked out with your finder by finding the little catches (there are three on the blanks). My wires were wrapped in electrical tape and foam so the hardest part was getting them unwrapped within the confines of the console. I used small scissors and just carefully cut the foam and tape. As others have mentioned, there were only two plugs so the 12v sockets would have to be wired in somehow. I ordered my plugs last Sunday and they came in the mail (from Oregon to Tennessee) on Saturday.

The following users liked this post:
Xtabi (12-04-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 246 Likes on 131 Posts

welp, here goes nothing. Ordered some for mine. I can feel the cords/connector down in there, otherwise I'll have three USB-C ones for sale soon if they don't work One for up front, two for the back. Still annoyed I have to do this.

The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (10-16-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 11:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Trekkie
welp, here goes nothing. Ordered some for mine. I can feel the cords/connector down in there, otherwise I'll have three USB-C ones for sale soon if they don't work One for up front, two for the back. Still annoyed I have to do this.
Curious how it goes! Did you order these from Simon or from LRJ? Which part number did you end up going with for all 3?

Old 10-17-2022, 05:28 AM
Received 177 Likes on 115 Posts

Best of luck, interested to hear the outcome. I was under the impression there were only 2 connectors with the 3rd and 4th connectors requiring you to "tap" into the previous 2 wires.

Last edited by EasternShoreDefender; 10-17-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:01 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by makristal
Curious how it goes! Did you order these from Simon or from LRJ? Which part number did you end up going with for all 3?
I found them here in the US at 'My Rover Parts' https://www.myroverparts.com/ while I'd love to have bought from Simon they weren't in stock there. Worst case I'm out the $200 and have three of these laying around to mock me for eternity. LR128008 was the PN. I found this exploded diagram here https://parts.landroverpalmbeach.com...7145525.html#8 and that seemed to confirm it's the right part.

I'm only doing the USB in the second row, there are no ports at all there right now, but I found the connector cable inside the holes for at least two, so that's what I ordered.

I'll be honest, either way I'm stuck with the car now, but this really sours me on ever wanting another one. It was idiotic for these to be de-featured and the shrugs from everyone at JLR and their Dealers is nuts. It's 2022, and a MY2023 car. Them going from having 4 USB and 2 12V to nothing in the back is an insult

The following 6 users liked this post by Trekkie:
Defendit.. (10-17-2022), ficklma1 (10-17-2022), Jarrodrex (10-29-2022), MattF (10-17-2022), Vas1972 (12-04-2022), Xtabi (12-04-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-17-2022, 04:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I found them here in the US at 'My Rover Parts' https://www.myroverparts.com/ while I'd love to have bought from Simon they weren't in stock there. Worst case I'm out the $200 and have three of these laying around to mock me for eternity. LR128008 was the PN. I found this exploded diagram here https://parts.landroverpalmbeach.com...7145525.html#8 and that seemed to confirm it's the right part.

I'm only doing the USB in the second row, there are no ports at all there right now, but I found the connector cable inside the holes for at least two, so that's what I ordered.

I'll be honest, either way I'm stuck with the car now, but this really sours me on ever wanting another one. It was idiotic for these to be de-featured and the shrugs from everyone at JLR and their Dealers is nuts. It's 2022, and a MY2023 car. Them going from having 4 USB and 2 12V to nothing in the back is an insult
I'm not that far behind you on feeling a little peeved with some features missing. But compared to my F150 it's pretty feature rich :-) I love the fit and finish and it's a perfect middle ground between an F150 (Space) / 4Runner (have owned 3) / and Bronco. So far I love it!

Old 10-18-2022, 08:39 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It’s hard to tell from the myroverparts website what type of USB port the parts are compatible with. When you receive your LR128008 ports, can you confirm whether it is a USB-A or C? And whether you had success connecting to the two pre-wired holes? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-18-2022, 08:45 PM
Rock Crawling

Will do. I'll post pictures, probably won't do video as I'll be cussing a lot I'm sure

The following 2 users liked this post by Trekkie:
ficklma1 (10-19-2022), Hula-2 (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:29 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rovermt
The two ports came in the mail yesterday and plugged in as expected! I masked around one of the blanks and used a plastic gift card to slide under the blank and pop it out. Once I had one out, the others can be poked out with your finder by finding the little catches (there are three on the blanks). My wires were wrapped in electrical tape and foam so the hardest part was getting them unwrapped within the confines of the console. I used small scissors and just carefully cut the foam and tape. As others have mentioned, there were only two plugs so the 12v sockets would have to be wired in somehow. I ordered my plugs last Sunday and they came in the mail (from Oregon to Tennessee) on Saturday.
Could you share the part numbers for the USB A and C sockets? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-18-2022, 10:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

With thanks to Powerful Uk for the details

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...ories.html?p=2

USB-C outlet

USB-A covered outlet

The following 2 users liked this post by Jomara:
ficklma1 (10-19-2022), Hula-2 (10-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Defender 110 delivered without USB/power outlets in second row. Easy fix?