2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender Order: did you use local or out of state dealer? (USA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2021 110 X-Dynamic HSE loaded in Gondwana Stone, Black roof, 20" Black Rims and much more, 4K miles. Considering selling it not using it, located in Maine in my garage.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-06-2021)
Old 07-09-2022, 01:02 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone had any luck ordering from an out-of-state dealer as of recently? know this is an old thread but would love to hear if anyone had had any luck recently

Royalist (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 01:40 PM
Mudding
Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts

Whenever I’ve contacted an out of state dealer- even if it was due to availability vs price, they would not sell to me. They have said that JLR won’t let them.

While my dealer doesn’t have any 90’s, at least they will order for me without any markup.

The following 2 users liked this post by MAPC:
Mike_F (12-07-2022), Royalist (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC
Whenever I’ve contacted an out of state dealer- even if it was due to availability vs price, they would not sell to me. They have said that JLR won’t let them.

While my dealer doesn’t have any 90’s, at least they will order for me without any markup.
Originally Posted by rangeallblack
has anyone had any luck ordering from an out-of-state dealer as of recently? know this is an old thread but would love to hear if anyone had had any luck recently
Yeah I contacted dealers all over the country in late June, they would not sell to me. I’m stuck with 3 dealers in my local area, within 35 miles, and that’s it. Even in state dealers in Columbus or Cincinnati, or dealers right near the PA border won’t sell to me anymore. Dealer in Manhattan almost did and a dealer here in Houston said they could but I doubt it; even then it would be over sticker.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:42 AM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Yeah I contacted dealers all over the country in late June, they would not sell to me. I’m stuck with 3 dealers in my local area, within 35 miles, and that’s it. Even in state dealers in Columbus or Cincinnati, or dealers right near the PA border won’t sell to me anymore. Dealer in Manhattan almost did and a dealer here in Houston said they could but I doubt it; even then it would be over sticker.
I actually purchased mine (ordered June 21, delivered September) from Manhattan. Like others, I had been checking the inventory site before I realized most everything listed was customer orders. They were quite friendly about ordering one for me, and I'd definitely work with them again. At that time they just added a small markup, but kept to the original deal of MSRP we made when I ordered. I have no idea if they're doing a markup now or not.

Royalist (07-10-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC

I have heard the same regarding dealers out of state not wanting to sell... but now my local SA says they are not planning to put my order in for foreseeable future, due to it being a 4 cylinder build...

Old 12-06-2022, 03:21 PM
Mudding
Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Fens
I actually purchased mine (ordered June 21, delivered September) from Manhattan. Like others, I had been checking the inventory site before I realized most everything listed was customer orders. They were quite friendly about ordering one for me, and I'd definitely work with them again. At that time they just added a small markup, but kept to the original deal of MSRP we made when I ordered. I have no idea if they're doing a markup now or not.
JLR Manhattan quoted me a 10K markup back in July smh. Ended up going with a Jersey dealer for MSRP.

ficklma1 (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 10:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm able to now purchase out of state and my region/zip code at some dealers, specifically in New York, PA, and Texas. It's dealer discretion and one of which is at MSRP. I'm located in NE Ohio and only have 3 dealers in my protected zone. So it is changing, maybe because it's the end of the year and they haven't capped their out of state sale percentages. I did lease my first Defender out of state in June 2021 btw.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:08 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I heard Montana doesn’t have any LR dealership and any dealer in the USA can sell to Montana corporation.

Old 12-07-2022, 05:28 AM
Mudding
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Local, IL, no markup (tho many do). In my case, I ordered, but one came in where the guy backed-out to my spec. Occasionally you may find an allocation open you can modify close to the lock date.

Quick Reply: Defender Order: did you use local or out of state dealer? (USA)