Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

denver area service recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 02:52 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default denver area service recommendations

Scheduling an oil change for my 22 Defender 110 and dealers are roughly 6 weeks out for an appointment and hard to get a hold of by phone. Anyone do an oil change through an independent yet like JC's British 4x4? Any luck getting into a dealer via cancellations? Any advice here appreciated.

Old 11-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Mudding
Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

This may not apply to you, but one thing I've learned when speaking with the scheduling people at my dealership is that I have to be careful how I phrase something. If I say I want to schedule an appointment where I'll wait at the dealership while the work is being done at a specific time, then those can be several weeks out. But if I say drop off for the day, I can typically get in within a day or two.

Again, maybe this isn't your issue but it's certainly something I have to keep reminding myself about.

Old 11-01-2023, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JC British is absolutely excellent! I have had them support me for over a decade. Last year got stranded at the Grand Canyon with an old 90. Jeff babysat me all the way, sent a text of the wiring diagram to the locals, introduced me to another shop on the other end of my route to take care of me. Can't say enough good things about them over years and many situations.

Old 11-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Mudding
Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm on JC British books to install my Tuffant sliders and Kimberley's (including rear caliper swap) sometime this month (when the sliders get in). Also agree with @JMF20 , got a 10k mile service within 2 days when I dropped it off for the day at Flatirons a couple of months ago. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:35 AM
Drifting
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by coloradorob
Scheduling an oil change for my 22 Defender 110 and dealers are roughly 6 weeks out for an appointment and hard to get a hold of by phone. Anyone do an oil change through an independent yet like JC's British 4x4? Any luck getting into a dealer via cancellations? Any advice here appreciated.
Take a look at the oil change sticky thread in this forum. Watch the video…its super simple and quick. In fact, you could have changed it yourself via the extraction method in the amount of time it takes to drink a cup of coffee. Make certain, if you decide to go this route that you get the 9 liter OEM brand extraction pump.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:59 AM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I have been using Land Rover Denver on Broadway and have been completely happy with them, despite god awful experiences with Land Rover West Houston and Land Rover Central Houston when I lived there.

Jessika Galbraith is my service advisor and really great to work with.

My suggestion, if you can do it, is to actually drop by if your service request isn't easily understood. It's a little difficult to try and book service online or over the phone these days when it's usually someone who knows nothing about service. You might have to wait a few minutes if you drop by unannounced, but you have a better chance at having them understand what your needs are.

Alternatively, if you wanted to try Land Rover Denver, you could call and ask for Jessika or have her call you back. They are pretty busy I have noticed, but she has been really pleasant and helpful and I'll continue going there.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

JC's is excellent! Had them work on my D2 when I lived in the area. They support the Solihull Society Rover club too.

Old 11-03-2023, 06:04 AM
7th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrown
I'm on JC British books to install my Tuffant sliders and Kimberley's (including rear caliper swap) sometime this month (when the sliders get in). Also agree with @JMF20 , got a 10k mile service within 2 days when I dropped it off for the day at Flatirons a couple of months ago. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
Same, scheduled mid Nov for my TuffAnt sliders install…