2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Details on 2021 Defender

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2020 | 04:35 PM
Mudding

I like the dark grey plastic better than the silver plastic, and the exposed rear recovery hoops. When I tried to build one as close to mine as possible, it was about $3800 more. They're currently selling as fast as they can build them, so a price increase is to be expected

The following 2 users liked this post by DonMitsu:
njdefendernj (09-09-2020), PaulLR (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020 | 11:57 AM
Mudding

I am seeing the rear Diff as a $0.00 addition in all the variants I have been messing with. Am I missing something?

Old 09-10-2020 | 12:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I am seeing Charges under the 2021 Dynamic - X for the locking rear diff. (called electronic active differential) ?? ...... I believe you will need to ensure you have the electronic active differential.

PACKS
Customize your vehicle even further with our range of packs, combined to enhance your vehicle’s design, safety, infotainment and comfort.

Off-Road Pack

• Domestic Plug Socket
  • Electronic Active Differential
  • Off-Road Tires
. Domestic Plug Socket, Electronic Active Differential, Off-Road Tires
$1,550.00
Off-Road Pack
ADD

Additional changes required

Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack

• All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC)
  • Terrain Response 2
  • Configurable Terrain Response
. All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC), Terrain Response 2, Configurable Terrain Response
$750.00
Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack
ADD

More Information

Towing Pack

• All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC)
  • Terrain Response 2
  • Configurable Terrain Response
  • Advanced Tow Assist
  • Tow Hitch Receiver
. All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC), Terrain Response 2, Configurable Terrain Response, Advanced Tow Assist, Tow Hitch Receiver
$1,850.00
Towing Pack
ADD

Additional changes required

Old 09-10-2020 | 12:51 PM
Rock Crawling

I have noticed that everything Land Rover is changing on the 2021 is what existing owners are doing. I bought the rear recovery hooks from Powerfulukltd and I am waiting for Matzker to start selling their underbody kit which will give exposure to the front hook. It should be much cheaper. I like the dark grey better too.

The following users liked this post:
DonMitsu (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020 | 04:04 PM
Mudding

On the 2020 configurator, I could select the tow package and then on the dynamics page, select the active diff for $1000 (or thereabouts).

This is what I get on 2021:

Selecting tow pack

Then on the next page:

I just didn't want to get the off road pack because I didn't want to pay for "off-road" tires that I will immediately replace. I just found it curious. I am a few spots away from being able to place my order, so I suppose I'll work it out with the dealer.

Old 09-10-2020 | 06:51 PM
Rock Crawling

i looked at the build sheet and compared it to my build sheet. There are several things that are different like I was able to choose torque braking. IS that now rolled up in a package, I can't even see torque braking as being listed? My options were LED or no LED. I went LED.

Old 09-10-2020 | 07:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ADVAW... yep. I see the same. On my 2020 P300 110 S order, pkg. 027DC is called out within the Off-Road Pack (074QA) as "Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Braking".

Strange. The last five words are removed on the 2021 configurator. 2021 buyers beware .... will need to dig a bit with the dealers maybe to understand what is in and out?

Old 09-11-2020 | 08:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I read a post somewhere regarding the "torque vectoring by braking" and that person went through a set of brakes by 15K miles due to this feature. That is even worse than our brake-eating LR4's. I agree, we need to find out more about this feature. I wonder if it's more of an on-road handing feature than an off-road traction function.

Our Honda Passport has the SH-AWD system that constantly changes the torque applied to each wheel based on acceleration, steering input and traction. But it's an electrical/mechanical system that doesn't use the brakes. There is even a screen you can call up that shows the level of torque being applied to each wheel at any given time.

Old 09-11-2020 | 08:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I found this blurb on a Jaguar website...it's an on-road feature:

When drivers purchase a Jaguar model, chances are one of the features that will interest you is the Torque Vectoring by Braking. This technology provides drivers with more control of your vehicle by helping you take control on tight corners. As you curve, your vehicle will receive independent braking on the inside front and rear wheels, so the system can ensure your vehicle doesn’t roll over or slip up as you move through town. With Torque Vectoring by Braking, you can rest assured you’re always in control, regardless of where the road may take you.

Old 09-11-2020 | 10:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I had the torque braking on my 2016 Range Rover Evoque and the great thing about it was that in heavy (fast) driving the nose did not dive when braking and cornering was exceptional. I, too, went through the rear brakes before the front -- well, that's never happened before on any vehicle of mine. Thus, I was shocked into driving much more sedately.

It could not be turned off. No switch to flip.

Quick Reply: Details on 2021 Defender