Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Dash Shortage

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 08:21 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Ugh got the call!

Got the call today. I have to accept analog gages if I want a truck this year. I ordered a hakuba silver w blk top, air sus, larger screen, and those gloss 19s. I said fine. I lease so it’s not that big a deal. I really want my D90. I have seen a few on the road and I like it more every time I see one. That’s the sign of great design.

X-

Old 10-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief65
Nice looking 90. Welcome to the club! Tasman with black roof and black wheels is a cool look. Someone has a similar one out here but with the black 19s (also cool) but I don't think it's an X. Those wheels you have as I recall there was some weirdness with the configurator where it wouldn't let you order it with offroad tires or maybe it was the rear diff. Something odd it wouldn't pair with, I don't recall exactly. Someone who was all about those rims when paired with Gondwana and black pack couldn't get it exactly the way they wanted it.
yea it’s these wheels. If you select these wheels in the configuration you cannot get the off-road pack or get off-road tires. No idea why.

I figured I can just part all terrain tires on later on my own. I would’ve liked to have gotten the off-road package but also I don’t really need the rear locker so for me just putting on different tires later will work great.

The following users liked this post:
Chief65 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 08:30 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

Options, features, colors they are all personal and there are no bad selections - just the awesome ones that work for yourself. For me, the off-road package = the e-diff. THAT is worth most any wheels. If the wheels drop the e-diff/off-road pack and the off-road tires, it would be a deal breaker for me. Well, maybe not the tires because I'd rather trade them. So, if you are serious about styling: the wheels seem a good choice. If you're serious about off-roading, get the e-diff. It's just profoundly sad/head shaking that JLR won't let you select both.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Overlanding
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Options, features, colors they are all personal and there are no bad selections - just the awesome ones that work for yourself. For me, the off-road package = the e-diff. THAT is worth most any wheels. If the wheels drop the e-diff/off-road pack and the off-road tires, it would be a deal breaker for me. Well, maybe not the tires because I'd rather trade them. So, if you are serious about styling: the wheels seem a good choice. If you're serious about off-roading, get the e-diff. It's just profoundly sad/head shaking that JLR won't let you select both.
Odd. I have the completed build sheet (built 9/25) and it confirms the 19 inch gloss black wheels, off road pack, tow pack and confirms the analog dials.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Yeah, I didn't order mine. Found it as an in transit to a dealer a couple of hours from me and no one had bought it yet. While I would've liked to have gotten the offroad package, I promise I will never need the rear locker. I will be going up fire roads, camping, rough dirt roads, driving around the family farm, etc. I will never be in a situation where that rear locker is really going to come into play. I do want better tires, but those are easy to change so it was a nice compromise for me.

Originally Posted by Lutfy
Odd. I have the completed build sheet (built 9/25) and it confirms the 19 inch gloss black wheels, off road pack, tow pack and confirms the analog dials.
You can get the offroad package and the offroad tires from the factory on the 19 inch gloss black wheels. You just can't get it on the 6011 gloss black 20 inch wheels. No one has any answer why. It's just how it is in the configurator. If you choose the 6011 wheels you cannot get the offroad pack or tires. Bizarre.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Siddious33
yea it’s these wheels. If you select these wheels in the configuration you cannot get the off-road pack or get off-road tires. No idea why.

I figured I can just part all terrain tires on later on my own. I would’ve liked to have gotten the off-road package but also I don’t really need the rear locker so for me just putting on different tires later will work great.
Few if any all terrain and off road tires available in the 19" size so that is likely the reason. Seems 18 or 20 is the sweet spot in ordering.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Few if any all terrain and off road tires available in the 19" size so that is likely the reason. Seems 18 or 20 is the sweet spot in ordering.
You can get the off-road tires with the 19 inch wheels but the 6011s are 20 inch rims. Exactly the same specs as all the other 20 inch rims. They just won’t let you configure them with off-road tires or the off-road package. No one knows why.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:07 PM
7th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took delivery of my 110 yesterday. Never got a call from my sales consultant, no notice that things would be off. I remember driving home thinking those gauges look so REAL. I'm going over my window sticker and I see "Less Interactive Driver Display" -440.00
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Every other option is there, and the Defender is really amazing. I ordered in August expecting Jan or Feb. delivery and was surprised when my sales consultant said "November 13".

I'm guessing there's like 0 chance of getting that retro fitted?

I like the idea of thinking 'Heritage Edition" I could just re-sell this to the 100 or so folks he has on a waiting list and order a new one. . . (hahahahah)

Old 11-17-2021, 12:22 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bcampagnolo
I just took delivery of my 110 yesterday. Never got a call from my sales consultant, no notice that things would be off. I remember driving home thinking those gauges look so REAL. I'm going over my window sticker and I see "Less Interactive Driver Display" -440.00
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Every other option is there, and the Defender is really amazing. I ordered in August expecting Jan or Feb. delivery and was surprised when my sales consultant said "November 13".

I'm guessing there's like 0 chance of getting that retro fitted?

I like the idea of thinking 'Heritage Edition" I could just re-sell this to the 100 or so folks he has on a waiting list and order a new one. . . (hahahahah)
l prefer analog. but when you display the GPS on the dash screen in satellite mode, it’s really sick!! It looks like you are flying an airplane looking out the front windscreen.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:06 PM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2023 xd

Not available for the 2023 X Dynamic 110 build I wanted. Dealer said right now its only X and above and it may come back as an option. Bummed and will wait until Jan/Feb to see before deciding. If anyone knows more or sees its back please post!

Quick Reply: Digital Dash Shortage