Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ditched Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 11:54 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
I get a lot of this Bronco / Defender dialog. I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't VERY biased, so I will admit I'm not in the bromance category for a Bronco. In fact, I'm pretty much dumbfounded by a lot of it. A buddy of mine is waiting for his Outback to be delivered in August and he showed me this. I was just in utter amazement of the value being put on these. So to those who are more into the Bronco's than I am - why? Why is this thing already way over $100k?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23409353612...0AAOSwyZBg81ak
rarity is all, they are only making <7k of the first editions. Add into it that the order bank is filled for the next couple of years i could see how a person with enough cash and an automobile collection hobby would bid over 100k.

I mean ****, we live in a society where dead celebrity’s belongings go at auction for ridiculous prices so this isnt even that weird. I’m only disappointed that I missed the first edition reservation window (they were fully reserved almost immediately) because i’d be selling it like this person lol

Last edited by Mcdooogs; 07-20-2021 at 12:02 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mcdooogs:
GrouseK9 (07-20-2021), Kev M (07-20-2021), Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 262 Likes on 138 Posts

I love vehicles no matter what they are, it's probably the only good thing my dad gave me except for his ability to charm his way out of bad situations. If you ever heard Bob Seager, Still the Same, I feel it was written about my dad. Anyways, It's interesting to hear that Ford is having problems in almost the same areas that the Defender is but in a different form. A-pillar rattling in the Defender, A-pillar leaking water into the Bronco. Roof laminate to thin causing the honeycomb structure to show up on Bronco. You cant pull the OEM roof rails without braking a rivet. GOAT mode causing issues due to a rear speed sensor and throwing up errors. DSC not turning off despite us turning it off. People complaining about the software in Bronco, People complaining about the software in the Defender. I know there is no correlation but it's just comical.

The following 3 users liked this post by ADVAW8S:
Old 07-20-2021, 12:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
rarity is all, they are only making <7k of the first editions. Add into it that the order bank is filled for the next couple of years i could see how a person with enough cash and an automobile collection hobby would bid over 100k.

I mean ****, we live in a society where dead celebrity’s belongings go at auction for ridiculous prices so this isnt even that weird. I’m only disappointed that I missed the first edition reservation window (they were fully reserved almost immediately) because i’d be selling it like this person lol
The Bronco forums are littered with people who think their "first year Bronco" will be a highly coveted collectable after they rag it out for 70,000 miles with Taco Bell bags stuffed under the seats.

Ahhh, youthful optimism.

The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Old 07-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Wow, your’s is gonna be almost identical to mine, minus the Exterior Color and Lights. I have the Standard LED lights with Fog Lights and Eiger Grey instead. Nice choice though, I think the Bronco is just really cheap and really only has a cool factor going for it. I saw a guy on YouTube get his and already the GOAT modes and ABS were made unavailable after some very light off-roading. Kinda sad. The 2 Door Black Diamond and Outer Banks models with the roof rails and rack look good though. Just that interior blows imo. Anyways, here’s mine for reference if ya wanna compare to what you got on order.

2022 Defender 90 S (P300)

Looks great! I love the contrast with the black top. I also loved the steelies, but I ended up liking your wheel choice better and got those. The black wheels look great with the other black elements and def nice on the silver grey vehicles. If I went steelies, I would probably go that green color.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:18 PM
Mudding

Wow, your’s is gonna be almost identical to mine, minus the Exterior Color and Lights. I have the Standard LED lights with Fog Lights and Eiger Grey instead. Nice choice though, I think the Bronco is just really cheap and really only has a cool factor going for it. I saw a guy on YouTube get his and already the GOAT modes and ABS were made unavailable after some very light off-roading. Kinda sad. The 2 Door Black Diamond and Outer Banks models with the roof rails and rack look good though. Just that interior blows imo. Anyways, here’s mine for reference if ya wanna compare to what you got on order.

2022 Defender 90 S (P300)

Looks great! I love the contrast with the black top. I also loved the steelies, but I ended up liking your wheel choice better and got those. The black wheels look great with the other black elements and def nice on the silver grey vehicles. If I went steelies, I would probably go that green color.

Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:22 PM
Mudding

Mine will be MY22, so I wonder if these issues will be fixed by then?

X-

Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Xploit
Thanks! Yeah I loved the Blacked-Out Look. Got the Black Contrast Roof, the Gloss Black Wheels, the Black Exterior Pack, the Ebony Interior, and the Ebony Headliner.

Xploit (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

I saw a guy on YouTube get his and already the GOAT modes and ABS were made unavailable after some very light off-roading. Kinda sad.
Wait, you have a link to this? I'd be curious get more details.

Are you sure it was a BRONCO and not a BRONCO SPORT?!?

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
So to those who are more into the Bronco's than I am - why? Why is this thing already way over $100k?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23409353612...0AAOSwyZBg81ak
Nothing more than the simple old law of supply and demand along with a touch of lots of Ford fan-boys and this is a long awaited reboot.

But it's a flash in the pan.

GrouseK9 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:43 PM
Mudding

I think so too. There is a 2 door outer banks on eBay for $75K!

Maybe I listed mine too low ($58K starting bid). I do have 15 watchers though...

Old 07-20-2021, 01:29 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a fully loaded Badlands reserved first hour as well. Then I sat in one and was underwhelmed. The fit and finish was horrible and just some of the stuff that they left exposed around the roof area was not what I expected. On top of the fact that they're having quality issues with the tops and I did not have a good experience with the last Ford I owned, I walked into a jlr dealer a few days after that and they just happen to have the exact spec 110 inbound I wanted. So I put my deposit down. My 2022 Defender 110 x Dynamic HSE should be arriving at the dealer this Friday.

Quick Reply: Ditched Bronco