2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ditched Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 01:42 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Exactly! I feel the same way. I drive a 1978 911 SC, and the thing about older cars/trucks, that I love, is the simple and delicate build. The smaller pillars give way to amazing views. The sounds and the form factor (smaller) lend to a great driving experience. I think the older broncos were amazing as the older rovers/defenders are too. This new bronco felt HUGE.. way bigger than pictures could ever convey. The Defender 90 is also quite large, but driving it and seeing the front hood, made it feel much smaller and manageable. I really think this Defender could be as iconic and classic as the original.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_swagger
I had a fully loaded Badlands reserved first hour as well. Then I sat in one and was underwhelmed. The fit and finish was horrible and just some of the stuff that they left exposed around the roof area was not what I expected. On top of the fact that they're having quality issues with the tops and I did not have a good experience with the last Ford I owned, I walked into a jlr dealer a few days after that and they just happen to have the exact spec 110 inbound I wanted. So I put my deposit down. My 2022 Defender 110 x Dynamic HSE should be arriving at the dealer this Friday.
It's a little disingenuous to compare the pre-production Broncos that we've all seen. They're all going to be crushed, hundreds of them, for a reason.

Beyond that, we should certainly hope there is a stark difference between two vehicles when one costs 50% more if comparably equipped.

4x4 DAVE (07-25-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev M
Wait, you have a link to this? I'd be curious get more details.

Are you sure it was a BRONCO and not a BRONCO SPORT?!?

Nothing more than the simple old law of supply and demand along with a touch of lots of Ford fan-boys and this is a long awaited reboot.

But it's a flash in the pan.
😂 Yes I know the difference, here’s the video if ya wanna watch it.

Kev M (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist

https://youtu.be/q45SOas6ciU
Thanks.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know the difference. Lol

Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know the difference. Lol
Most people don’t. Then again, most people don’t know anything about any models. I would hope we would since we’re on a forum though 😅.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:32 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
It's a little disingenuous to compare the pre-production Broncos that we've all seen. They're all going to be crushed, hundreds of them, for a reason.

Beyond that, we should certainly hope there is a stark difference between two vehicles when one costs 50% more if comparably equipped.
I know the doors being mis aligned and what not are the result of the pre-production vehicles they used. The model I sat in had the soft top, I ran my hand along the cage top and it reminded me of a store shelf with all the holes. Interior materials felt really cheap. It just didn't feel right for the 56k price I had. Understandable the Defender and the Bronco are in two different leagues. I guess my refined tastes as I have gotten older fit the defender better. I had a TJ jeep for years about 10 years ago and loved it, don't think I could do it again.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Most people don’t. Then again, most people don’t know anything about any models. I would hope we would since we’re on a forum though 😅.
I learned never to assume. 😇

Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_swagger
I know the doors being mis aligned and what not are the result of the pre-production vehicles they used. The model I sat in had the soft top, I ran my hand along the cage top and it reminded me of a store shelf with all the holes. Interior materials felt really cheap. It just didn't feel right for the 56k price I had. Understandable the Defender and the Bronco are in two different leagues. I guess my refined tastes as I have gotten older fit the defender better. I had a TJ jeep for years about 10 years ago and loved it, don't think I could do it again.
Yeah, we aren't disagreeing here.

The back door on this one looked like it was rear-ended and someone kept the insurance check instead of getting the repair.

I was completely ready to look past that because it's pre-production but then I tried to figure out how the hell I would be able to go to Costco with that complicated inconvenient soft-top opening configuration.

Just do one thing though, tell me why I can't have my Defender in this vampire blood red?!?

Royalist (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling

https://youtu.be/q45SOas6ciU
Ok, finally got a moment to watch that. Meh, looks like programming teething.

Not like our D hasn't given us a few weird electronic errors here and there.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Ok, finally got a moment to watch that. Meh, looks like programming teething.

Not like our D hasn't given us a few weird electronic errors here and there.
I would hope my '22 doesn't have those. His case isn't isolated either. I'm just not a big fan of the cheap plastics on the Bronco/Wrangler, especially for the price.

Quick Reply: Ditched Bronco