Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 08:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

@nashvegas thanks for the info!!

Old 01-13-2023, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can confirm that the front usb’s do light up all the time the ignition is on and I presume when the media is turned on. My question is, how long do you hold the volume control down to do a reset? It doesn’t seem to work in the Velar.

Old 01-13-2023, 03:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by john390
I can confirm that the front usb’s do light up all the time the ignition is on and I presume when the media is turned on. My question is, how long do you hold the volume control down to do a reset? It doesn’t seem to work in the Velar.
He's talking about the one in the upper dashboard, on passenger side (the one that LR is leaving off the 2023 models due to chip shortages).. not the ones in the middle center console that light up.

Need to be stopped in park, and in a Pivi vehicle (older Velars will not have this), and maybe 20 seconds press and hold down the volume ****... it'll reset. .

Old 01-13-2023, 12:21 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issue still not fixed

Originally Posted by john390
Hi, I am working on a Velar with the same problem (USB not working and no illumination). I have tried pressing the volume button but to no avail. How long should I press it for as all it does is turn the media on or off. I have tried disconnecting the battery, but no change.

Cheers John
As I mentioned earlier the issue is fixed by resetting the multimedia unit by pressing the power button for at least 10 sec
BUT..
the issue persists after, and I didn’t noticed at first that the light disappears after a few minutes or after engine off !
so the problem is not fixed by resetting the media unit !
so my thoughts now are to present this issue to Land Rover and hope for the best , even though my hopes are not that high !

Old 02-17-2023, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Hard reset is the way to go

Just push the power button down until the the screen goes blank. Your console will reset and the two usb lights will go on.

we will then have working power again. try to avoid having two phones conflicting CarPlay.

Old 02-18-2023, 04:50 AM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron1esq
Just push the power button down until the the screen goes blank. Your console will reset and the two usb lights will go on.

we will then have working power again. try to avoid having two phones conflicting CarPlay.
Unfortunately it's only working temporarily ! It's not a definitive fix .

The following users liked this post:
martoony (06-08-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 03:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

My USB ports (below the console) are still not illuminating. I was hoping there would be a software fix.

The Pivi reboot makes them work for the current "session," but once the car is turned off and back on they are off. Anyone have a more permanent fix?

Old 04-28-2023, 03:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by pllr
My USB ports (below the console) are still not illuminating. I was hoping there would be a software fix.

The Pivi reboot makes them work for the current "session," but once the car is turned off and back on they are off. Anyone have a more permanent fix?
when my 110 was in to have the door actuator replaced, the tech also replaced my unit with those ports in it. it worked initially for them, but then stopped. i had a copy of the service bulletin about the issue (i think someone else posted it), and he showed me the same one… showing no current fix.

at least this rules out the component that holds the ports. not sure about yours… but my ports still function, they just dont illuminate.

The following 2 users liked this post by smithbp:
martoony (06-08-2023), pllr (04-28-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 11:19 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by rincos
As I mentioned earlier the issue is fixed by resetting the multimedia unit by pressing the power button for at least 10 sec
BUT..
the issue persists after, and I didn’t noticed at first that the light disappears after a few minutes or after engine off !
so the problem is not fixed by resetting the media unit !
so my thoughts now are to present this issue to Land Rover and hope for the best , even though my hopes are not that high !
I think the illumination is supposed to turn off after a few minutes and also when the car is off. No?

Old 06-01-2023, 09:10 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by martoony
I think the illumination is supposed to turn off after a few minutes and also when the car is off. No?
I can confirm that resetting the pivi only fixes the illumination for the current session. There must be a software bug or something. Any fixes that actually work long term?

Quick Reply: Front USB and USB-C Not Working