Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 49 Posts

Back up about 50 yards……🏎️🏎️🏎️🫣

Old 01-10-2024, 11:32 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRover
Back up about 50 yards……🏎️🏎️🏎️🫣
yeah, that's how I ended up getting in my driveway. I backed up into my neighbors accross the street and got a running start.

Old 01-10-2024, 02:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailmix
The aggravating part about it was when two of my neighbors came out to watch the show as I struggled to get into my Driveway. (They drive a Buick sedan, VW Atlas and Subarus and have flat driveways.) When I finally managed to get into my driveway, both guys just had to walk over and comment on how the "big tough Land Rover" wasn't so tough afterall. I explained to both that the truck is more than capable, but it was my street tires and my own lack of offroad skill that was the problem. But they wouldn't budge. They both laughed and said I paid too much for a "tough looking" car. I wanted to punch them.
Your neighbors are just jealous of your Defender. I can confirm that a Defender with winter tires can drive through snow better than any Buick, VW or Subaru. On this day, I was one of the few vehicles to make it to the mountain after driving through a deep unplowed access road.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:10 PM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

Tyres.
l put Winter Tyres on my Ford van (front wheel
drive)
And it was just amazing on snow. lt drove up hills that had cars and even some 4x4's spinning their wheels hopelessly.

People stared open mouthed. But it was just the tyres. l think they have silica in them.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:43 PM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailmix
I can confirm the OEM Wranglers are horrible on snow.
For now, I'll try swapping into my BFG KTOs. Will be better, though I understand not as great as a Nokian or pure snow tire.

The aggravating part about it was when two of my neighbors came out to watch the show as I struggled to get into my Driveway. (They drive a Buick sedan, VW Atlas and Subarus and have flat driveways.) When I finally managed to get into my driveway, both guys just had to walk over and comment on how the "big tough Land Rover" wasn't so tough afterall. I explained to both that the truck is more than capable, but it was my street tires and my own lack of offroad skill that was the problem. But they wouldn't budge. They both laughed and said I paid too much for a "tough looking" car. I wanted to punch them.
LOOOL your neighbors sound like bullies man. Your experience is sad, this could be the foundational trauma at the heart of a superhero movie. **PTSD Flashback** They were all surrounding you and laughing at you??

This forum should organize a Defender meetup at OP's house. We need a show of force/ strength in numbers. Let's block your neighbors in their driveway with a line of ten jacked up Defenders to establish dominance.

The following 3 users liked this post by Pangea123:
73matt (01-15-2024), jusmax88 (01-11-2024), NativeTexan (01-11-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 04:58 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pangea123
This forum should organize a Defender meetup at OP's house. We need a show of force/ strength in numbers. Let's block your neighbors in their driveway with a line of ten jacked up Defenders to establish dominance.
Can do, but I need to get some winter rubber for my 19's, otherwise I'll be stuck like @Trailmix

Old 01-10-2024, 05:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 461 Likes on 232 Posts

Sand and bleach. spread some sand where you would track up the driveway. Spray some bleach on the tread of your tires. Bleach makes them sticky (old hot rod trick). As you go up, the sand will stick to you now sticky tires making them kind of studded with sand. Give crap tires good snow/ice traction for a short time.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 06:07 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogpilot
Sand and bleach. spread some sand where you would track up the driveway. Spray some bleach on the tread of your tires. Bleach makes them sticky (old hot rod trick). As you go up, the sand will stick to you now sticky tires making them kind of studded with sand. Give crap tires good snow/ice traction for a short time.
Interesting trick with the bleach! I know the sand one, the street cars in Toronto have sand dispensers for the tracks in winter.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:52 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Dogpilot
that's a nice trick. I'll try it next time

Old 01-10-2024, 06:59 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Pangea123
forum should organize a Defender meetup at OP's house. We need a show of force/ strength in numbers. Let's block your neighbors in their driveway with a line of ten jacked up Defenders to establish dominance.
Now THAT sounds fun.
Truth is, yes they're jealous.
They know it.
I know it.
They know I know it.
I have a nice stable and rotate in some rather nice autos every year or two. They used to come over and oggle and drool, but in the past couple years they stopped. No matter how awesome the newest auto is. I had a friend's ferrari 360 parked at my house for 5 weeks while he was out of country and they both pretended not to notice. It's sad. I'm sure they're both very happy with thier choices in cars, as I am definately happy with mine.

Time to go fight some crime.
Cue the Stan Lee cameo...

The following users liked this post:
Pangea123 (01-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Got stuck on my 16 degree driveway