Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hold air overnight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LR4USN
Odd, I fired up mine this morning and the front raised up for the first time after sitting overnight. I was in normal height when parked - I have deployed side steps so I turned off the auto access height.
How well do those steps hide away when tucked? Can you take a video?

Old 12-31-2020, 04:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Howdy, not as 'tucked' as I'd hoped. But, I won't be pushing any break over limits anytime soon

I'll get video tomorrow, I'm fitting classic mud flaps tomorrow. (I'll start new thread for the side steps)

Have a nice evening and NYE everyone!

The following users liked this post:
SmokinV10 (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Three Wheeling

Fired up this morning and again - after a couple of seconds, it raised up to normal height - I keep on normal height.

I'm going to measure in the morning.. I forgot to this am.

Took a video of deployable side steps, but going to redo the shoot.

What are others seeing on their drop in the mornings? - inch?

Old 01-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Three Wheeling

Fired up this morning and no sag in the front end. strange...

Old 01-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by LR4USN
Fired up this morning and no sag in the front end. strange...
front right only sagged 1/2” last night. Front left didn’t sag. Really inconsistent. For those thinking it’s temp, my garage is climate controlled and insulated. In Texas it doesn’t drop much below 60 in there even when it’s 40 out.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:05 AM
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a 2018 range rover velar. I did not have the auto access height enabled but the car would lower by the next morning. When I started it up it would raise ever so slightly. It may just be the way the LR/RR systems are programed.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Three Wheeling

found that in access height, it does not lose any air or height whatsoever overnight. Wonder if access height on a car with Johnson Rods is 1.5" higher than one without. Im guessing yes.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Since I have been trying to keep track of it mine hasn't done it of course. I am also in Texas (southern portion) and it generally doesn't get very cold in my garage. I do have a new interesting item which I might start a new thread about related to the tire pressure monitoring system.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:39 AM
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine is dropping as well

This is my second new Defender. First was a base and I put the rods on it. No issues with air drop over night before or after the lift rods.
I just picked up an X version and switched access height off right away, I’m pretty familiar with Rover convenience options. These last few nights it’s as stated.
Park the truck on normal ride height, come out in the morning and the front is lower than the rear. Start it up and after a few seconds the front lifts to normal ride height and it’s ready to roll. When I have parked it during the day, the front stays level.

I have rode ordered again for this one and I’m wondering if this need a trip to the dealer or not?

It’s kind of frustrated and the fact that my first one was fine and this one is not is odd. Also, it is in the 20’s here in Pa but my garage is probably in the 40’s over night.

Any additional questions thoughts before I make the 1.5 hour trip to the dealer? Ialso just pulled it outside and started a software update, guessing that won’t do anything for this issue.

The following users liked this post:
FzyPChz (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 09:10 AM
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinV10
Do your defenders “sag” overnight when parked? Mine seems to droop 1” or so but comes back immediately when started. Anyone else?
Yes, is happening to my new X buy never did it in my base I had last year and I’m not in access mode, that’s the first thing I switched off.
Super weird and I want to get it sorted.

Quick Reply: Hold air overnight?