Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I’m out, thank you

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 4B4B
It's not the hybrid cluster that looks so bad, it's the fact the dials themselves are hybrid; three-quarter mechanical, and the final quarter is made of part of a screen the size of a cell phone. Trying to get the two to match looks horrible. I imagine at night it's impossible to get a good match between the brightness and contrast of the two different technologies. On a vehicle costing this much money, it looks an ugly solution in my opinion.

I actually think that looks rad. I love this.

The following 3 users liked this post by Count Laszlo:
GrouseK9 (08-20-2021), MattEvan (10-06-2021), TheMoke (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 02:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by 4B4B
It's not the hybrid cluster that looks so bad, it's the fact the dials themselves are hybrid; three-quarter mechanical, and the final quarter is made of part of a screen the size of a cell phone. Trying to get the two to match looks horrible. I imagine at night it's impossible to get a good match between the brightness and contrast of the two different technologies. On a vehicle costing this much money, it looks an ugly solution in my opinion.

Oh.

You have a very valid point. Didn't know that. I was thinking more like this, where the analog and digital screen parts don't interfere with one another:

Old 08-20-2021, 04:03 PM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Lump the XD HSE in with the X & V8. My dealer just double-confirmed that mine will get digital.

XD seems to be the sweet spot trim. Nothing deleted except for HUD (gone on every trim level apparently) and not impacted by the smoked light recall.
I hope that you are right. I just texted my dealer and he said the "US factory representative" was his source.

Last edited by Llid; 08-20-2021 at 04:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
_Allegedly (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 04:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Llid
I hope that you are right. I just texted my dealer and he said the "US factory representative" was his source.
I was to understand that dealers "must" reach out and confirm the change with buyers vs. just letting them show up and cause a PR problem. They were therefore given specific detail vehicle by vehicle and these coordinated emails then went out as needed.

I'm fairly confident in what I'm being told and you seem to be hearing the same.. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Oh.

You have a very valid point. Didn't know that. I was thinking more like this, where the analog and digital screen parts don't interfere with one another:

This is hilarious. So we are comparing an instrument cluster where the TFT screen overlaps an analog dial with another where the analog dial overlaps the TFT screen. You people a crazy. I guess in the Porsche, so long as the map directions tell you to keep turning right, the rev counter won’t get in the way. 😀

Old 08-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
This is hilarious. So we are comparing an instrument cluster where the TFT screen overlaps an analog dial with another where the analog dial overlaps the TFT screen. You people a crazy. I guess in the Porsche, so long as the map directions tell you to keep turning right, the rev counter won’t get in the way. 😀
​​​​​​FIrst world problems.

FWIW I do like my all digital display a lot, but I never change the layout from map in the middle, speedo left and tach right. I'd be just as happy with the hybrid cluster and can't imagine holding out for one or the other.

The following users liked this post:
JMF20 (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 07:15 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're dead right, 1st world problems indeed.

But then again I suppose spending in excess of $100k on a truck is too.

It's an aesthetic thing really, that some people won't mind, while for others, it will irritate them. It's a compromise either way; go with the downgrade and have the truck earlier, or hold out and take the delay to have the original cluster.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:06 AM
Mudding
Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ElVerde
​​​​​​FIrst world problems.

FWIW I do like my all digital display a lot, but I never change the layout from map in the middle, speedo left and tach right. I'd be just as happy with the hybrid cluster and can't imagine holding out for one or the other.
Same here- never change it on my D90. We had the hybrid cluster in our F Pace and I could easily live with it again.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
The difference to my eye is that the analog dials are fully analog, and the TFT is fully that as well. If the TFT were completely round, and the left part of it was a digital “continuation” of the tach in the 7000-9000 rpm range, it would be analogous to the Defender, and I wouldn’t like it as well.

Even if I was in a 3rd World country.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Good news.. My defender came in today, 2 weeks early. Despite the dealer telling me the truck might have an analog dial dash, it came with the digital dash. My order was an HSE dynamic, Carpathian grey, black roof, Shadow wheels, Acorn seats

Last edited by Llid; 10-05-2021 at 10:33 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Llid:
bakerman (10-05-2021), COWillie (10-13-2021), GavinC (10-05-2021), WARWGN (10-05-2021)

Quick Reply: I’m out, thank you