Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR road side assistance, or lack thereof

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 629 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
It's true. And let's not forget the Land Cruiser. Maybe I meant Honda.
Great comparison post Allegedly! We love our unique, special and entertaining Defender for better or worse.
Still think you had it right the first time. At least Honda makes a few fun vehicles, Toyota is the leader in boring transportation appliances.

Old 06-15-2022, 01:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 245 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
Toyota is the leader in boring transportation appliances.
I've owned three, they are definitely not cars of people who like to drive, they are extremely reliable get you to where you need to be vehicles. the GT-86 might be the exception, but the rest of the line I've been in or owned never had an issue, but never so wanted to get rid of a car because I was bored with it.

Old 05-04-2023, 04:10 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
That's why I have a code reader in every glove box.

Last time this happened was in the barren hellscape between Gainesville and Tallahassee on a Saturday night.

In a Jag.

Let me paint that sad picture.

Pretty sure the out of business El Jaguar restaurant 3 hours out wasn't going to help.

Light came on and the code reader said it was just a dirty sensor. Keep on keepin on.
I literally laughed out loud at the El Jaguar restaurant comment.

Sorry to resurface this old thread but I recently wondered what the roadside assistance was for JLR when I noticed that the number wasn’t on the sun visor like Mercedes nor in the glove compartment. I mostly worry about me traveling for work and my wife getting a flat tire so this should work for now.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:38 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sblvro
Not true about mbrace. They always call a third party yet couldn't find my vehicle even if it has mbrace locator. Took a long two hours and couldn't locate my vehicle even if I had full price premier mbrace. Cadillac on the other hand with OnStar took only less than 30 minutes in all times my Escalade hybrid ran out of fuel because I was hypermiling it.
Similar experience with MB here. My E63s (less than 10k miles at this point) decided not to start up after being parked at the mall for half an hour. Called MB Roadside and was on hold for at least 45mins until I got a very rude lady who basically told me they have to either send a tow driver or someone to jump the battery. Tow driver can't jump battery and roadside can't tow. So have to pick one. Wait for a tow driver was 4 hours ... in the middle of Miami on a Friday afternoon. I opted for the tow driver. Locked the vehicle and walked the mall for an hour, came back and the car magically started. Go figure.