Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LLAMS electronic height controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 09:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Defendit..
Yes, of course jacking up in the highest setting remains only 1 of 2" to free the wheel from pavement.
Well, this alone may warrant the install.

Old 07-31-2022, 10:01 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be cool if they could set up the dial to be wireless, so you have more options on where to mount it. Would cut back the install time quite a bit as well too.

The following users liked this post:
MacII (02-14-2023)
Old 08-01-2022, 11:20 AM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

there is also xlifter, I messaged them last year and they are working on support for the new defender. I should reach out again and see how that is going. their controller is wireless and looks a bit more polished, it also has a few more features.

https://www.xlifter.com

Old 08-03-2022, 08:42 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

So the most time consuming part of this mod for me was the placement of the provided selector ****.
Umbertob did place it under the steering wheel column, I would go a little further. On the console left from the USB ports

A lot of work to get this part out. Seats left/ right, side panels, 6 bolts to release the console, 15 torx screws..pff.
Needed to modify the rear by cutting away a part of the left stud / bracket. Still 4 screws and 2 clips holding the piece in place.

Bolted everything back in ( changed the cigarrete lighter chargingport for USB c constant Live )

So the placement and visability of the selector **** with the coloured led is perfect now.

Last edited by Defendit..; 11-02-2022 at 03:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Defendit..:
GrouseK9 (08-03-2022), MacII (02-14-2023)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:34 PM
Huc
Mudding
Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

Defendit.. that's a very clean install! Well done!

Makes me think that could be a great spot for my RedArc trailer brake control **** as well, as opposed to tucked down on the driver side recess left of steering (North American steering). While the labor you went thru doesn't sound appealing the end result would be posh! I'll have to give that local serious consideration given it's visible and accessible by both driver and copilot.

Thanks for posting detailed photos.

Also thanks to umbertob for the detailed info

Old 08-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Mudding
Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Love the install and how you can control the lift with the height controller. I just reached out to Graeme to place an order. I am in the process of removing my lift rods, installing a 2 inch subframe lift and this would be a perfect add on.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:12 PM
Winching

Update, Final thoughts

When in normal driving height the car is very comfy but there is also some serious body roll and the electronics react very quick when
cornering with high speed on acceleration.
With the Llams on the first position left - Low - the driving characteristics improve drastically, less body roll by cornering,
still comfy on good tarmac , changing lanes on the highway feels now very confident.
It is not a sports car of course but the addition to lower it improves the overall handling ,
​​​​​​I also note that the full time 4 wheeldrive grips more aggressive, more gummy even with Mud Terrains.

Extra Low was used in a parking garage with 74,8"/190cm max - height of the car 75,4"/ 6'3ft / 191.5cm
(Disclaimer, my lowered Thule Edge Wingbars are 0,2" / 0,5cm higher than the sharkfin antenna, so it / that is protected)
Extra Low with easy access comes in very handy for the older and my disabled girlfriend.

High with offroad height is not comfy anymore
Super High with offroad high only usable by very slow rock crawling / no suspension left at all.

Worth to mention : I did weighed my D90 the first day with me and a full tank 4920 Lbs. / 2230kg.
With steelies, Mud Terrains,Winch, onboard compressor, all the Recovery gear etc.etc. it is now near 5500 Lbs./ 2500kg

I've done by now almost 25 modifications, wish I had done the Llams height controller in the beginning..
Any questions feel free to ask.

No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..

Last edited by Defendit..; 09-05-2022 at 01:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Defendit..:
MacII (02-14-2023), tarmac (09-04-2022)
Old 12-31-2022, 08:25 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Defendit..
So the most time consuming part of this mod for me was the placement of the provided selector ****.
Umbertob did place it under the steering wheel column, I would go a little further. On the console left from the USB ports

A lot of work to get this part out. Seats left/ right, side panels, 6 bolts to release the console, 15 torx screws..pff.
Needed to modify the rear by cutting away a part of the left stud / bracket. Still 4 screws and 2 clips holding the piece in place.

Bolted everything back in ( changed the cigarrete lighter chargingport for USB c constant Live )

So the placement and visability of the selector **** with the coloured led is perfect now.

Looks fantastic. When you ran the wiring from the rear did you run it all the way to the front then behind the glove box or is there a way to run it up through the center console?

Old 12-31-2022, 09:48 AM
Mudding

Also, any hints on taking the center console apart after the sides are removed?

Old 12-31-2022, 02:11 PM
Winching

I did run the cable under the rear rubber flooring direct to under the center console, from there to the front.
No specific things to get the console loose , if you want to take it out 2 connectors left undo and 2 connectors right.
To put the console back, I needed to do some wiggling to get the rear air pipes correct connected.

​​​​​​Not that hard, just time consuming - great spot , well worth

Quick Reply: LLAMS electronic height controller