2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model Year 2024 - Production & Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone notice that for 2024, the only way to get the Meridian Surround Sound for is by buying a V8 model? If I’m not mistaken, the Meridian Surround Sound was standard in prior years from the SE trim and up.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-2
Anyone notice that for 2024, the only way to get the Meridian Surround Sound for is by buying a V8 model? If I’m not mistaken, the Meridian Surround Sound was standard in prior years from the SE trim and up.
You are correct. It was standard on prior years, but with more recent deliveries a lot of cars came with the downgraded sound system instead of the surround. Parts shortage according to my dealer ...

Old 05-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by foldpages
You are correct. It was standard on prior years, but with more recent deliveries a lot of cars came with the downgraded sound system instead of the surround. Parts shortage according to my dealer ...
True...Although we took delivery of our 110 SE last week and it came equipped with the surround sound system. Have to say, it is a very nice system.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:04 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
Placed an order yesterday for a 110 X-Dynamic SE; it’s an MY 2024. With regards to things like “Interior Protection and Storage Pack” and “Basic Rear Seat Convenience Pack” (whatever those are), they seem to be mandatory “options” that were automatically added to my build, unless that’s just my dealer padding the order (“they all come that way”) but I don’t think so.

Can anybody tell me what those packs are?
​​​​​​Yes, our '23.5 that we picked up last week (ordered in December) had the interior protection package added, even though we didn't have it in our spec....

The following users liked this post:
drgek (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 11:09 AM
Drifting
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by uclafan818
Interesting. In the US market at least, there was never an S spec of the P400 (correct me if I’m wrong). SE was the lowest you could get and they all came with cooled seats standard. The S trim P400 is new to the US.
It looks like the seating options are the same from the 2023 S models (and still confusing). The S comes with the Grained Leather which does not have the option for cooled seats. If you "downgrade" to Resist seats (no price change), you can drop an extra $950 for 14-way adjustable heated and cooled seats. However, this option gives you the non-leather steering wheel which means you CAN'T get the Winter pack becasue that wheel doesn't have a heating option.

If you upgrade to the Windsor leather, you can get heated and cooled seats and the Winter pack.

Thanks for making this easy Land Rover!

ba_ (01-28-2024)
Old 05-04-2023, 11:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I have pretty heavily specced a '24 X-Dynamic SE. I was completely perplexed by the fact that to add the refrigerated console compartment, the only "finisher" available was the Natural Smoked Dark Oak Veneer. Why would that even matter?

Old 05-04-2023, 12:08 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by foldpages
It looks like the Interactive Drivers Display has also been hit or miss due to supply shortages. However, it appears that for 2024, unless you buy a V8 model, it will not have the Surround Sound system regardless of supply. I wondered why many 2024 models appeared less expensive than 2023 and I believe this is one of the reasons why. They downgraded the sound system on most models. It's a shame the Surround Sound can't even be selected as a paid option in 2024.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1Ragtop
True...Although we took delivery of our 110 SE last week and it came equipped with the surround sound system. Have to say, it is a very nice system.
Did you spec the surround sound? I didn’t (wasn’t even an option on my 23.5 P400 SE) but my build sheet shows it added. Figured it was a typo or something and don’t want to get my hopes up before my car is delivered later this month… but that would certainly be a nice surprise.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by uclafan818
Did you spec the surround sound? I didn’t (wasn’t even an option on my 23.5 P400 SE) but my build sheet shows it added. Figured it was a typo or something and don’t want to get my hopes up before my car is delivered later this month… but that would certainly be a nice surprise.
Based on my research, the Surround Sound system was standard on 23.5 SE models so you should get it unless there were supply shortages at the time of your build.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-2
Based on my research, the Surround Sound system was standard on 23.5 SE models so you should get it unless there were supply shortages at the time of your build.
I don’t think that was the case in the US for 2023 models. The meridian sound was standard and the only system in the P400 SE, the meridian surround sound was optional on higher trims like the X and V8. Or at least that’s what I was told by my dealer when I placed the order in January

jilikits994 (07-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Model Year 2024 - Production & Delivery Date