2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My defender wants to be taller??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2023 | 09:22 AM
Rock Crawling

I noticed that in the Tiptoe 2 video after you start it and when you go to push the buttons to raise/lower the suspension that it appears to be all the way up as the top icon is red. I believe that means it's in 'offroad' mode which shoves it up to the top height. That heigh adjusts as you get up to speed, so when you slow down to park it raising up does make some sense if the vehicle is somehow in offroad mode.

Have you tried checking if auto-access height is on, and if not turning it on? This is the feature that drops the vehicle down when you turn off the vehicle or unbuckle the driver seatbelt.

On your Pivi Pro screen:
  1. Press the settings icon.
  2. Select ALL.
  3. Select Vehicle.
  4. Select Convenience.
  5. Select Vehicle access.
  6. Touch the Auto access height toggle.
See if that changes the behavior.

The current off-road height setting can be viewed via the touchscreen as follows:
  1. Touch the Apps icon on the touchscreen driver side bar.
  2. Select VEHICLE DIMENSIONS.
  3. Select OFF-ROAD.
I think if that icon is red for some reason the vehicle thinks you are in off-road mode. I would check the 4x4i screen and make sure you're in comfort mode.

Only other thing I can think of is do you live on a really rough road ? something that triggers the adaptive suspension to think you're in a condition it needs to raise up, but, in the videos you're in a parking garage so don't think that is it.

The following users liked this post:
mopadzi (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023 | 09:47 AM
Mudding

I have noticed the same thing. I have mine set to lower to access height automatically. Most of the time it works perfectly, but every once in a while, when I turn off and get out, it has raised up rather than lower.. I asked the dealer when it was in for service (non responsive perimeter access on drivers door) and they told me they couldn't get it to do it and that there were no codes in the memory.
This seems like the standard answer for most everything I ask them about it, they can't find anything. They updated some items but nothing has changed.