Sponsored by:

New Defender Au Spec Bullbar

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 10:38 AM
Overlanding
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Defender Au Spec Bullbar

Hi all,

I have Defender 110 P300 and I've been looking to get an AU Spec Bullbar for a while. The prices I've been quoted for them have made my consideration unjustified at $4,400 before shipping and another $1800 to ship from Aus to Northern California. Totaling $6,200 for the bar before duties. I've found a way to get the AU Spec OEM Bullbar for a landed cost of approx. $3k (pending final confirmation on shipping + duties) in Northern California. Wanted to see if there is anyone else that has been considering or wanting the same bar? Perhaps I should bring in more to try get economies of scale on shipping?

If this is something you've been considering let me know.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:01 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,157 Likes on 624 Posts

I'd love one of these but same as you... the cost is just stupidly high. Anyway, I'd buy one for 3K in a minute. (Portland Oregon here)

The following 2 users liked this post by nashvegas:
2OceansOverland (11-23-2022), DefenderSISU (02-21-2023)
Old 11-23-2022, 12:19 PM
Overlanding

Yeah, for me, it's the best option for front end protection as well as for winch / spotlight installation. I was driving behind a pickup truck on the freeway the other day and an empty paint tin flew out the back. Hit the front end of my defender which urged me to try find a way to get a AU spec bullbar here at a better price. The damage isn't too bad, but the bullbar definitely would have helped and the damage could have been worse. I'm going to finalize shipping and duties etc this week. Should have confirmed by early next week. Feel free to connect directly if you're interested? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get landed in NorCal for $3k. Shipping from NorCal to anywhere else in US I'll leave at your own cost.
​​​​​​

Old 11-23-2022, 12:39 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm definitely interested too

The following users liked this post:
2OceansOverland (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 12:42 PM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I’m holding out for Lucky 8’s version. Likely will be cheaper here in the US and appears to be coming soon via their Facebook.

The OEM Bullbar (and winch) is laughably expensive. I want one but not for upwards of what, $10k installed? I see that as money that could be spent on actually going on adventures.

Last edited by EchorecT7E; 11-23-2022 at 12:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by EchorecT7E:
2OceansOverland (11-23-2022), inater (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Overlanding

Yeah I was looking at the Lucky 8 one from pics at Destination Defender. It looks quite similar to the OEM one.. But I think the OEM Au Spec does look better in terms of shape. Not sure if Lucky 8 has finalized their design as yet though - will be interesting to see the finished product.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:30 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

Lucky 8 bar does have smaller diameter main bars which is aesthetically less pleasing to me than the OEM. I'm also curious about their pricing - judging by the cost of their rock sliders I'd be surprised if it's less than $3k

The following 2 users liked this post by DoctorofRocks:
2OceansOverland (11-23-2022), Lnberger (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 01:40 PM
Overlanding

Yeah it seems a bit more rounded / less square on the top bar. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and bring in 3 Au Spec bullbars. 1 for me and 2 for whoever else might want. My defender has air suspension so I'm not going to bring in the suspension kit. Seems as though those can be sourced locally quite easily. Also going to reuse my existing parking sensors. So will limit the kit to Camera Bezel; Bullbar; Mounting Bracket and Crush Cans. Hopefully it works out okay and landed cost comes to around the $3k mark. If anyone is interested in snagging the other two feel free to reach out directly - we can figure out when I have them in hand. If it works out and other folks want I'll be happy to help.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:59 PM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2OceansOverland
Yeah it seems a bit more rounded / less square on the top bar. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and bring in 3 Au Spec bullbars. 1 for me and 2 for whoever else might want. My defender has air suspension so I'm not going to bring in the suspension kit. Seems as though those can be sourced locally quite easily. Also going to reuse my existing parking sensors. So will limit the kit to Camera Bezel; Bullbar; Mounting Bracket and Crush Cans. Hopefully it works out okay and landed cost comes to around the $3k mark. If anyone is interested in snagging the other two feel free to reach out directly - we can figure out when I have them in hand. If it works out and other folks want I'll be happy to help.
I may take you up on one for $3k, let me know if you end up going through with it. I’d be curious to hear from people who currently have it installed - does it significantly change the way the vehicle handles?

further, are you planning on installing a winch with it?

2OceansOverland (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 02:08 PM
Overlanding

I'm definitely moving through with it. Will hopefully have them here first or second week of December. Yes will be installing winch and spotlights. Similar to Kingsley Holgate's rigs but slightly different:

DefenderSISU (12-01-2022)

Quick Reply: New Defender Au Spec Bullbar