Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 08:17 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by chuyn
Can anyone show pics of their Apple Maps in the IDD showing not north up while not actively routing somewhere?
Mine is like most others here… whether it’s the full screen or just on the side, it’s zoomed quite far out compared to when I use the pivi maps. It’s always north up (unless actively routing) and randomly gets stuck too (often doesn’t show the arrow either when it’s stuck)
same issues for me

Old 08-18-2023, 10:36 PM
Mudding
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rutiger
"You can switch back to the native maps app in the IDD by choosing it in the drop-down menu in the navigation tile. That gives you Apple Maps on the Pivi screen and LR maps on the IDD. The only issue I've found is that it sometimes reverts back and you have to select it again."

This reverts on every restart of the vehicle. Not a viable solution.
Not viable why?

"I haven't seen any issues with any of the maps stuck on north up."

So, on the IDD Apple Map when you don't have a route entered, just the live map, it's pointing in the direction of travel? That doesn't align to what I see and what anyone has mentioned.
Correct - on my vehicle (US 2022 P400) it aligns the map with direction of travel. I can't comment on what anyone else is seeing.

Old 08-19-2023, 09:35 AM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppetry
Not viable why?
Going into a menu on every drive to change the preference is not user friendly.

Old 08-19-2023, 10:14 AM
Mudding
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Going into a menu on every drive to change the preference is not user friendly.
It may not be as good as a permanent preference, but it's two taps on the screen. It's certainly viable.

Old 08-25-2023, 06:23 AM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Truck currently at JLR to try and push an update. I’ve had the truck since last July and as far as I know have never had a Pivi update (confirmed by lack of subsequent functionality or version details in truck). Dealer called and said it’s up to date and I said it wasn’t based on two facts above and asked them to confirm version if they say it’s up to date. Also shared N795 bulletin info. Any other suggestions for getting them to push an update?

Old 08-25-2023, 09:41 AM
Mudding
Received 170 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TeddyG
Report a Vehicle Safety Problem, Equipment Issue | NHTSA
I cant do it due to Canadian address, please report,
Great idea and will do! Anyone with a dimming dash should do the same. I cant imagine fixing this is all that difficult. An even better solution would be to give us the option to turn off autodimming!

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (08-25-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:58 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

finally have PP 4.0 on my D5. I see what people are saying about the "zoomed out" look of Google Maps.

not sure if anyone here uses Sygic navigation, but it actually looks pretty good in the driver view. I'll get a pic when I get a chance.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Day 2 for me with a very new 23.5 P300. I of course have been reading about the diming issue for months now, and now I get to live it in person, LOL. It's a real issue... there is constant dimming down and brightening up going on. I notice there is a little icon upper left of dash that looks like "automatic" is that referring to the dash reading the ambient light? And there is no way of turning that off? LOL.. I love this truck I really hope at some point customers are allowed the option to turn off. I like my screens bright. again, LOL

DrPizz (09-05-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 08:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I also read about the dimming issues with the Interactive Display prior to taking delivery of my Defender and now that I’ve had mine for about a month, I think there’s two possibilities. First possibility is there may be varying degrees of dimming from one display to another. So some may dim just a little, while others may dim significantly. The second possibility is that they all dim the same but each owners perspective is different (subjectively dim) and what’s just a bit dim to one person is nearly impossible to see for another with the same display. Mine definitely dims at dusk and other moderate to low light transitional periods. Dimmer than I would prefer? Yes. Difficult to see or dangerous, no.

Old 08-29-2023, 09:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Fill the NHTSA form, the more people complain faster it will be fixed.
Shouldn't dim at all.

WAFOX (08-29-2023)

Quick Reply: New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming