Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 09:25 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by holtenc
Agreed. Today after totally removing/forgetting etc my phone from the vehicle, and the vehicle from my phone, I re-did the setup hoping it would fix it. Nope. I'm done worrying about it and just disabled the wireless carplay. I was fine using a USB cable in my previous vehicle and I'll be fine with a cable in the defender. Though I will keep a lookout for mentions of improvement.

The first guy that responded to my query here did mention something about other sources of bluetooth, and it just dawned on me that I also wear an apple watch. Maybe I'll see if it improves if I disconnect my watch from phone. I assume wireless carplay uses a significant amount of bluetooth bandwidth. Maybe the phone just can't handle both wireless carplay and watch at the same time /shrug.
Unfortunately using the cable as a connection made no difference to me - when I passed the same spots, CarPlay disconnects. Also I didn't have the Apple Watch until just recently (nor do/did I have anything else connected to the phone via BT when driving), so with my situation at least it hasn't made any difference. Keep me posted if you do find something that works!

Old 08-14-2023, 09:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckr93
Unfortunately using the cable as a connection made no difference to me - when I passed the same spots, CarPlay disconnects. Also I didn't have the Apple Watch until just recently (nor do/did I have anything else connected to the phone via BT when driving), so with my situation at least it hasn't made any difference. Keep me posted if you do find something that works!
Ahh that's a bummer. And you made sure wireless carplay was disabled? I think even if you plug in the cable after setting up wireless carplay, it still communicates wirelessly. You have to go into bluetooth settings on your phone, find your vehicle and un-tick the CarPlay option. Then it will only work via cable.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:52 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by holtenc
Ahh that's a bummer. And you made sure wireless carplay was disabled? I think even if you plug in the cable after setting up wireless carplay, it still communicates wirelessly. You have to go into bluetooth settings on your phone, find your vehicle and un-tick the CarPlay option. Then it will only work via cable.
I'll give that a shot, I feel like I've tried every variation of disconnecting / reconnecting / wired / wireless etc. and nothing has worked. You're giving me hope now I wouldn't mind using the cable if it meant it just worked properly

Old 08-14-2023, 11:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

I will say... CarPlay has been 100% perfect for the last 6 mos on 3.2.2 (or whatever it was).

Now that I have 4.0.0 -- I drove 4.5 hours today. It disconnected randomly at least 10 times. Super annoying. Zero change to phone iOS or otherwise.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:19 AM
Overlanding

My 2021 Defender has been stuck on 3.3.2 since Feb. 3.3.3 came down several times, and unlike all updates in past, performed same way, next morning the car would show zero update activity attempted and remained at 3.3.2 each time. (usually if it fails, there is a message or similar) Car is on house wifi + the cell connection. (Noting here that all updates since taking delivery did NOT occur over Wifi-- they came down OTA on the cell connection.)

Now 3.3.3 has stopped coming down for 2 months since, almost like it's refusing to try again on purpose. And of course 4.0 won't appear possibly for same reason.

Old 08-15-2023, 11:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
I will say... CarPlay has been 100% perfect for the last 6 mos on 3.2.2 (or whatever it was).

Now that I have 4.0.0 -- I drove 4.5 hours today. It disconnected randomly at least 10 times. Super annoying. Zero change to phone iOS or otherwise.
I am on 4.0 and constantly using Carplay and the connection has been flawless. The only instance when I lose it, is if I let the phone in the wireless charger for a long period. It will overheat and turn everything off. It is a known issue with wireless chargers in general (not only LR). I feel that the maps in the IDD slightly increased the overheating problem (Maybe the never-ending "heat from hell" stationed over my area influences that as well). I now gauge my battery and avoid leaving it in the charger for extended periods. If I feel I will be out of juice and it is really hot, I just plug in the charger cable and all good.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:06 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckr93
I'll give that a shot, I feel like I've tried every variation of disconnecting / reconnecting / wired / wireless etc. and nothing has worked. You're giving me hope now I wouldn't mind using the cable if it meant it just worked properly
Drove about 1.5 hours this morning and not a single disconnect using wired CarPlay as I described previously (disabling in bluetooth settings on phone in the Pivi device).

Originally Posted by mrego
I am on 4.0 and constantly using Carplay and the connection has been flawless. The only instance when I lose it, is if I let the phone in the wireless charger for a long period. It will overheat and turn everything off. It is a known issue with wireless chargers in general (not only LR). I feel that the maps in the IDD slightly increased the overheating problem (Maybe the never-ending "heat from hell" stationed over my area influences that as well). I now gauge my battery and avoid leaving it in the charger for extended periods. If I feel I will be out of juice and it is really hot, I just plug in the charger cable and all good.
That's interesting and for sure worth checking out further. Cheers,

Old 08-16-2023, 08:38 AM
Mudding
Received 170 Likes on 84 Posts

Anyone notice a dimmer dashboard (those with IDD)? It's been an even bigger issue than before when driving in the daylight, even at full brightness on the left hand **** and screen turned all the way up.

Old 08-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPizz
Anyone notice a dimmer dashboard (those with IDD)? It's been an even bigger issue than before when driving in the daylight, even at full brightness on the left hand **** and screen turned all the way up.
Yep, seems to be much more sensitive to ambient light. It's a little annoying.

The following users liked this post:
DrPizz (08-18-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 01:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPizz
I have never had this issue, even in the previous discussions before 4.0. In my case, yes it dims a bit in certain conditions, but never to a point I can't see the IDD. Wonder if it has to do with the MY. Mine is a late 2020.

Quick Reply: New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming