2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 05:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

2023, Dashboard is dimming badly at dusk. Playing with ambient sensor on dash doesn't help much.

The following users liked this post:
DrPizz (08-18-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 12:53 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckr93
I'll give that a shot, I feel like I've tried every variation of disconnecting / reconnecting / wired / wireless etc. and nothing has worked. You're giving me hope now I wouldn't mind using the cable if it meant it just worked properly
this worked! Thanks so much, I’ll deal with the cable for now for sure - not ideal but better than the alternative

Old 08-17-2023, 02:50 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
Same condition with my 110x dynamic. My rig is always connected to home wifi network, and always locked when in the garage (old habit). Is there any confirmation that the dealer can force an update if it doesn't poll and update itself before the service appointment? I have my fingers crossed as I'm heading in for first service next week.
I'm not convinced that the car uses Wi-Fi when locked and asleep. it doesn't even use WiFi for its HotSpot-ing network, only the mobile connection. I think that's why it takes so long for me to get the Pivi Pro updates, I don't have the best cell service where I am in the garage and data is super slow when measured with SpeedTest etc. over the HotSpot.

I think the dealer can only force things if they have their diagnostic tools wired up. And in that case, they can just do the update for you.

Still waiting for 4.0.

Old 08-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, not sure how/when it uses Wi-Fi. I can see mine connected twice today and the times align to when it was running as I left and returned home. It passed a small amount of traffic.

But also as mentioned here by me and others 4.0 ain't so great. For me it added zero functionality I want. The Apple Maps integration is garbage IMO. IDD map always show north unless a route is entered. More often than not my IDD map stays super zoomed out, or doesn't move/update, or in low cell coverage zones just turns into a blank page. I'd gladly take the native nav back, but seems to not be an option.

Last edited by rutiger; 08-17-2023 at 05:29 PM.
eelpout (08-19-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 08:47 AM
Mudding
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rutiger
Yeah, not sure how/when it uses Wi-Fi. I can see mine connected twice today and the times align to when it was running as I left and returned home. It passed a small amount of traffic.

But also as mentioned here by me and others 4.0 ain't so great. For me it added zero functionality I want. The Apple Maps integration is garbage IMO. IDD map always show north unless a route is entered. More often than not my IDD map stays super zoomed out, or doesn't move/update, or in low cell coverage zones just turns into a blank page. I'd gladly take the native nav back, but seems to not be an option.
You can switch back to the native maps app in the IDD by choosing it in the drop-down menu in the navigation tile. That gives you Apple Maps on the Pivi screen and LR maps on the IDD. The only issue I've found is that it sometimes reverts back and you have to select it again.

I haven't seen any issues with any of the maps stuck on north up.

Old 08-18-2023, 10:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Can anyone show pics of their Apple Maps in the IDD showing not north up while not actively routing somewhere?
Mine is like most others here… whether it’s the full screen or just on the side, it’s zoomed quite far out compared to when I use the pivi maps. It’s always north up (unless actively routing) and randomly gets stuck too (often doesn’t show the arrow either when it’s stuck)

Old 08-18-2023, 11:45 AM
Mudding
Received 170 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TeddyG
2023, Dashboard is dimming badly at dusk. Playing with ambient sensor on dash doesn't help much.
dimming of the IDD seems to be way worse than before in good to medium lighting conditions now. It's not even sunset, more like 4:00pm, (plenty of light and visibility) and the dash is fully dimmed sometimes. It makes it very hard to see and happens more frequently than not nowadays. I really hope JLR fixes this soon. Seems borderline dangerous... seems that this should fall under a safety issue if I can't see any speedometer, warnings, etc.

Old 08-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Report a Vehicle Safety Problem, Equipment Issue | NHTSA
I cant do it due to Canadian address, please report,

DrPizz (08-25-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 07:14 PM
Vin
Mudding
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Trekkie
well i tried locking the doors and leaving it for a few days and all it did was go into deep sleep and not update, so still on 3.3.2. weird.
Make sure there’s absolutely nothing plugged in to the USB ports! I’ve had an USB extension cable prevent updates.

Old 08-18-2023, 08:15 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

"You can switch back to the native maps app in the IDD by choosing it in the drop-down menu in the navigation tile. That gives you Apple Maps on the Pivi screen and LR maps on the IDD. The only issue I've found is that it sometimes reverts back and you have to select it again."

This reverts on every restart of the vehicle. Not a viable solution.

"I haven't seen any issues with any of the maps stuck on north up."

So, on the IDD Apple Map when you don't have a route entered, just the live map, it's pointing in the direction of travel? That doesn't align to what I see and what anyone has mentioned.

Quick Reply: New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming