2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order to production progress... trying to determine where I am in the process.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 12:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Order to production progress... trying to determine where I am in the process.

I submitted a deposit back last August with my desired build. Been inquiring for a while now with little info. Sales guy recently said I should be up for a build slot soon. Then a few days later was asked to confirm my build spec. Sent a few revisions. A few days after that I get the below order detail sheet which looks like it's from Land Rover.. has my order number, status and spec with a bunch of codes. For status it states "Order Confirmed". Does that really mean anything? Has my order been accepted from Land Rover? Do I have an allocation? Or am I just in the holding status until I get an allocation? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by n4v4nod; 01-22-2022 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:33 AM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I am not 100% sure, but our build sheet we got last week (order placed in November) has dates on the last spec change, build date, accepted delivery for 4/22/22. Though status is also listed as "order confirmed"

The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 07:54 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ammonation
I am not 100% sure, but our build sheet we got last week (order placed in November) has dates on the last spec change, build date, accepted delivery for 4/22/22. Though status is also listed as "order confirmed"
Thanks for the info...
Last email I received a couple days ago from my Sales person stated: "It's gone onto Land Rover's system and will have an ETA very shortly."

Old 01-22-2022, 09:57 AM
Three Wheeling

Curious if anyone knows based on the Order Details page above if I have an actual build allocation? Or am I just in a order bank waiting pool?

Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 402 Likes on 202 Posts

It has an order number, which supposedly means, yes they have accepted your order. Mine had a proposed build date and final modification date and planned handover on the Order details. So while they have confirmed your order, it is not in the production schedule yet.

n4v4nod (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 10:21 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Dogpilot
It has an order number, which supposedly means, yes they have accepted your order. Mine had a proposed build date and final modification date and planned handover on the Order details. So while they have confirmed your order, it is not in the production schedule yet.
Thanks for the info... so if I understand it correctly, I have a confirmed allocation... just not assigned for production. Which according to my dealer should happen real soon if not already. My dealer can be pretty slow with updates.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:29 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

I know nothing of course, but given that this is an X, I would expect it to be confirmed with a delivery date shortly. I say this because what I am hearing is that production is geared toward 'higher volume, higher margin' trims. I had a last amendment date of 1/19, the order locked, and the build date / delivery date remained the same. It is for a similar X build, just a 90. If I were you I would feel better once you get the build and delivery dates. Now, everything that I said is just based on who I have talked to and my own experience. I could be completely off..

n4v4nod (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by MacMia
I know nothing of course, but given that this is an X, I would expect it to be confirmed with a delivery date shortly. I say this because what I am hearing is that production is geared toward 'higher volume, higher margin' trims. I had a last amendment date of 1/19, the order locked, and the build date / delivery date remained the same. It is for a similar X build, just a 90. If I were you I would feel better once you get the build and delivery dates. Now, everything that I said is just based on who I have talked to and my own experience. I could be completely off..
Thanks for your personal insights. I know the Porsche custom order process quite well... all the stages/code and when you officially have a allocation and such. I'm sure there is something similar for Land Rover, but being new to the brand have not found it. Everything I have found so far is based on personal experience and assumptions.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:41 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Thanks for your personal insights. I know the Porsche custom order process quite well... all the stages/code and when you officially have a allocation and such. I'm sure there is something similar for Land Rover, but being new to the brand have not found it. Everything I have found so far is based on personal experience and assumptions.
What I can tell you that it seems better than Audi.. I have an exclusive order on an RS Etron GT that has been in purgatory for more than 8 months... Porsche has it pretty well tuned and they arent shy about individual manufactur- but it works...

n4v4nod (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 10:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 402 Likes on 202 Posts

The lines fill in like this, naturally not all worked out to this plan. The car is on the boat docking on the 25th. I suspect a few days to truck it to the dealer and glue on the other stuff. I feel lucky, everything I ordered was included, except for the activity key, which I got on ebay for $70.

n4v4nod (01-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Order to production progress... trying to determine where I am in the process.