Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 08:02 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
The interactive dash supports google maps for sure. I watched it for about two minutes thinking that I should probably take a picture of it for proof but then thinking that an update must have come out without my knowledge "fixing the glitch."

I just read that FB post but I dont see it providing any answers unless I need to press the the navigation shortcut in the side bar to get it to switch over on the dash. I did not try that.
I am 99.9% sure that only the Pivi Pro navigation is the only map you will see in the instrument cluster. I take that back. I am 100% sure the other maps do not display in the instrument cluster or the HUD. What you saw was probably the native map display. It’s caught me out a couple of times. I do hope a sw update will add this feature one day.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
I am 99.9% sure that only the Pivi Pro navigation is the only map you will see in the instrument cluster. I take that back. I am 100% sure the other maps do not display in the instrument cluster or the HUD. What you saw was probably the native map display. It’s caught me out a couple of times. I do hope a sw update will add this feature one day.
With JLR software almost any unintended “feature” is possible, of course, but yes I do agree, a non-Pivi map on the interactive display isn’t supported in 3.0. It would be great if it were possible (and also on the HUD).

Old 01-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
Originally Posted by swajames
With JLR software almost any unintended “feature” is possible, of course, but yes I do agree, a non-Pivi map on the interactive display isn’t supported in 3.0. It would be great if it were possible (and also on the HUD).
Now I am really regretting not taking that picture . The map in the dash was google maps, I would bet my defender on it. It was engaged in the same turn by turn navigation as was on the main screen with google maps. Google Maps and the Pivi navigation look different, so it was easy for me to see that there was no contrast between the two screens.

Yesterday I left the pivi navigation on in the dash screen while running google maps on the main screen. At no point did it ever show me where I was navigating to or turn by turn navigation in the dash screen.

I would prefer to have the dash navigation show me directions vs glancing to the media screen. I prefer google maps since the pathing seems to be more efficient over all. If they somehow found a way to piggyback the google map navigation route onto the pivi navigation dash screen I would have no problem with that. Again what I saw was not even that.

I am going to work on trying to recreate this situation. I have never seen it before this one time, so I am not surprised y'all are doubting this.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

I think this entire thread is just designed to make me feel bad that I don't have 3.0 yet. I feel like being picked last to play basketball in middle school all over again!

Darn I wish I had 3.0 so I could dig around and have an idea.

The following users liked this post:
ajones0000 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling

I really hope you are right. It would be excellent if the digital dash could display CarPlay navigation content (Google/Waze/Apple Maps etc). Keep us posted if you see it again.

as an aside, Apple Maps is vastly better than it used to with the most recent updates.

Old 01-28-2022, 05:48 PM
Rock Crawling

@Moretti So one thing. If you are viewing Pivi navigation in the digital display, with Pivi set to display satellite terrain, and you have Google Maps open in CarPlay on the main display, again in satellite view, they are indistinguishable at a quick glance. Might this be what you saw? There's no other way to have the digital display show anything other than Pivi navigation, and with satellite view selected it does look like Google Maps when Google is also in satellite view mode. Were you using satellite view on both apps?

Old 01-28-2022, 06:01 PM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Is this only done over the air or can the dealer do it for you?

Old 01-29-2022, 07:12 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Pdflrd
Is this only done over the air or can the dealer do it for you?
Pivi-Pro is setup for OTA updates without the dealer being involved, but I’m sure they would have means to force an update. If you’ve never had an update, it’s possible that there is an issue with your InControl account. The OTA update announcement gets posted to your Pivi-Pro user profile in the car. When you get a notification, you would see it on the user profile icon top left of the main Home Screen. As it shows up on in the registered user profile this would lead me to think some owners are left out because there is an issue with the account setup.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:00 AM
8th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received 2.1.7 today. I'm not sure but it seems like LR rolls out the updates in some way where not everyone gets the same update at once. Maybe by geographic location ... not sure.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:09 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ajones0000
I just received 2.1.7 today. I'm not sure but it seems like LR rolls out the updates in some way where not everyone gets the same update at once. Maybe by geographic location ... not sure.
wow! I know that they stagger updates, but given we are at least three months into deployment of 3.0, I’m amazed you only just got 2.1.7.

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out