Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 08:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 108 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by aealrashed
Hey there,
im facing the same problem and i tried to delete and reset the settings and still cannot see the hotspot/wireless option and i cannot connect my phone yo my cars wifi. did you figure out how to solve the problem?
same issue, I dont have the hotspot thing is my system and did everything but no luck

Old 02-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a 2022 Defender 110 SE, purchased in July, 2021.....received the update today and installed without issues.

Seems like the rollout truly is at random but everyone will get it over time. I've already tested Waze, worked wirelessly without issue...excited to have the update!

Old 02-06-2022, 05:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Woo hoo!! I went out to my Defender today to take a picture of when the last update was. Just to start recording changes. And guess what?? Yep, it wanted to install 3.0. I hadn't driven it in about a week and then yesterday went for a short ride. Then this morning I went to get gas. So I was surprised to see it was ready.

Here's my stats:
June 15, 2021 Picked it up from the Dealer. Said nothing about what version I had for months.
Oct 30, 2021 It upgraded to OS 2.1.6.
Feb 6, 2022 It upgraded (I hope!!) to OS 3.0.0

Now crossing my fingers and praying to the Lucas Electronics Gods to plead that I don't become the sacrifice....

The following users liked this post:
spritekk (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 07:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Woo hoo!! I went out to my Defender today to take a picture of when the last update was. Just to start recording changes. And guess what?? Yep, it wanted to install 3.0. I hadn't driven it in about a week and then yesterday went for a short ride. Then this morning I went to get gas. So I was surprised to see it was ready.

Here's my stats:
June 15, 2021 Picked it up from the Dealer. Said nothing about what version I had for months.
Oct 30, 2021 It upgraded to OS 2.1.6.
Feb 6, 2022 It upgraded (I hope!!) to OS 3.0.0

Now crossing my fingers and praying to the Lucas Electronics Gods to plead that I don't become the sacrifice....
For what it’s worth, not only did 3.0 add some excellent new functionality, for me at least it’s been extremely stable. No CarPlay drop outs and some other upgrades like cameras at any speed. And if you didn’t get it with your 3.0 upgrade today, you’ll get Alexa shortly.

The following 2 users liked this post by swajames:
GrouseK9 (02-06-2022), spritekk (02-06-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:10 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 108 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by aealrashed
Hey there,
im facing the same problem and i tried to delete and reset the settings and still cannot see the hotspot/wireless option and i cannot connect my phone yo my cars wifi. did you figure out how to solve the problem?
any Updates? for some reason your inbox is not receiving any messages

Old 02-07-2022, 06:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@swajames - Decided to take the Defender to work today (it's not my daily driver) to check it out. It worked pretty flawlessly. Here's my initial impressions:

- The Nav works GREAT. For some reason Waze lately doesn't want to recognize my GPS so I've been using Google maps. I'll need to compare to Apple later since I used to be in love with Waze. Anyway, connection was flawless and it was VERY easy to turn on Google maps for my drive to work (in case I forgot how). Interestingly, it took over the display as expected as well as the digital dash. I have my dash set to maps in the middle and have been using it to watch the satellite maps (super cool). When I selected Google maps for the PiviPro display, this also flipped to Google maps. However, the dash was a dynamic map view while the PiviPro display showed the route. I should have taken a picture since most folks might not understand my description! Sadly, the turn notifications on the HUD do not work for the CarPlay enable maps. Only for PiviPro's native maps.
- I have a long commute and I find that my stress goes away if I listen to audio books. I alternate between Kindle and Google Play. This week's book was on Google play. When I went thru my usual drive thru to get some caffeine this a.m., I flipped the audio to SiriusXM from the CarPlay so I could ignore it as background noise and read my iPhone's messages. Yeah, I'm that guy in line. Anyway, whenever I would interact with the iPhone it would "hijack" the audio and return it to CarPlay's book or audio. I tried changing it to SiriusXM or FM radio. Either way, as soon as I scrolled the phone to read news or whatever - it would convert the audio to CarPlay. That wasn't expected.
- The connection has been flawless and I have now removed all the cords! I keep my phone in a "wallet" like leather folio. Good news is that I NEVER lose/leave my wallet. Bad news is that wireless chargers don't work. But, I always charge over night so we are good to go now!

So far, the update is a + to me. Later I'll go thru all the options and see if there's anything new.

The following 2 users liked this post by GrouseK9:
mopadzi (02-09-2022), WMN (02-07-2022)