Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:21 PM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

No park assist on my 2020 X either.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Here are the pages from my manual. I don't really want/need this feature, I just stumbled upon it in the manual and thought "Hmmm, I've never seen an icon for that". Wondered if anyone else had. (My vehicle is a regular US version).

Last edited by RH5555; 06-28-2022 at 05:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LRDEF2LR (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 06:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

Dang!! I gotta try that out. Thanks. I'll go dig again.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 245 Likes on 131 Posts

well hopefully it works better than the one that wasn't in my Tesla yet it would beep like I'm about to collide with someone to tell me it wasn't available while I was going down the highway at 75 MPH. However far as I know that feature is US legal, Ford has them and advertises them all the time, yet I could never get it to work in our Explorer.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:23 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm looking in the bcm software for it. I don't think it's there. I can get the icon to show up but it doesn't work the creen goes blank when I press on it. I looked at other models with pivi pro and park assist and so far the have a 10 camera option in the settings. I haven't counted our defenders but I think we only have 4 cameras 1 front 2 under side view mirrors and one for clear sight back up camera. So I don't think it can be enabled. The other models have 6 8 or 10 cameras. And no I won't be adding additional cameras.

GrouseK9 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM
Drifting
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by markjlr
I'm looking in the bcm software for it. I don't think it's there. I can get the icon to show up but it doesn't work the creen goes blank when I press on it. I looked at other models with pivi pro and park assist and so far the have a 10 camera option in the settings. I haven't counted our defenders but I think we only have 4 cameras 1 front 2 under side view mirrors and one for clear sight back up camera. So I don't think it can be enabled. The other models have 6 8 or 10 cameras. And no I won't be adding additional cameras.
My 2019 Disco had it with only one camera.. didn't work that great, but it was there I guess. Didnt have Pivipro though either.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:38 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes you can enable it on the older screens with the pre pivi pro screen but it has to be apples to apples with pivi pro. JLRNA started putting pivi pros in I think 2020 models (except fullsize.) They have many different settings but it's trying to find the correct software activation. I've turned on self parking on many pre pivi pro models but I think only the discovery sport and the Jaguar suv had ipivi pro starting in 2020 and they have many more cameras. So I don't think it's possible.

Originally Posted by Defend1
My 2019 Disco had it with only one camera.. didn't work that great, but it was there I guess. Didnt have Pivipro though either.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:01 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m not seeing the Park Assist on my 2021 Westminster Range Rover.

looked all over. I have the two mountain/4x4 logo where the Part Assist icon should be.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:21 AM
Drifting
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
My research indicates that the Park Assist is not available in the US. And it is not listed in my printed manual, nor the website manual. Growing up, it was always looked at, ‘if you can’t park your own vehicle, you shouldn’t be driving.’ Too many nanny controls in cars now. When I get in my Defender it takes me 9 taps on the touchscreen to disable the annoying Emergency Braking and Lane Keep Assist, and that is after disabling the Auto Start/Stop. I mean look at Tesla, how many crashes while in autonomous mode does it take to outlaw such a stupid idea? Search YouTube for the video of a state trooper driving alongside a guy sleeping while his car is flying down a highway at 60+. If you don’t want to drive, take mass transit.
completely agree re Autonomous but this should not be confused with level 2 systems which do make a different - Two new U.S. studies show that automatic emergency braking can cut the number of rear-end automobile crashes in half, and reduce pickup truck crashes by more than 40%. Maybe you don't need it but they might save you from someone else who does need these safety systems.

Trekkie (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 08:44 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgibrit
completely agree re Autonomous but this should not be confused with level 2 systems which do make a different - Two new U.S. studies show that automatic emergency braking can cut the number of rear-end automobile crashes in half, and reduce pickup truck crashes by more than 40%. Maybe you don't need it but they might save you from someone else who does need these safety systems.
agree.

these are new to me so I’ll be testing them as I learn how they work.
i definitely don’t like the steering wheel being nudged back into my lane when I go to slowly change lanes w/o use the turn signal. I turned that off.

Quick Reply: Park Assist