2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi pro update 3.3.1 installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 07:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Notified of update on Saturday 11/12, didn’t do anything special, date of install says Sunday 11/13.

it seems like the cold start jerky “can’t find the right gear” issue has been resolved. Had the issue again a week ago and now it’s gone. I suspected a transmission software issue because if I shifted manually it was all good. Time will tell but thats my initial take on the latest update.

gary

Old 11-16-2022, 09:31 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
I have a P300 and have not received the update.
P300 here. Got the update last Friday. Maybe a touch smoother on takeoff as others have noted. Maybe...placebo effect could be strong on this one.

The following users liked this post:
pllr (11-16-2022)
Old 01-05-2023, 04:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I know this is a somewhat older thread, but does anyone know if a dealer can force a Pivi update? Our 2022 Defender received the 3.3.1 update in November 11. Our 2023 Defender has yet to receive it. I tried to contact JLR customer service, but they pointed me back to the dealer. My dealer had already pointed me to JLR customer service since, they said, they do not have a way of updating it.

I've tried a bunch of "home remedies." Even though both Defenders sit next to each in the garage, I moved a wifi access point into the garage to make sure the 23 had a good signal. I've rebooted Pivi a bunch of times. I've tried leaving the car unlocked, locked, and double-locked. I even pulled the negative terminal on the battery to see if the car would "reset."

Thanks.

Old 01-05-2023, 04:57 PM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I signed out and back in to my InControl account. After approximately 1 day, the download appeared. My 2020 Defender HSE sits in the garage 95% of the time and is connected to my home wifi in the garage and was not receiving the update. Signing out and back in seems to have triggered it to receive the download and has been fine since. If you haven't tried this, give it a go and see if that works. I don't know of any other way to force the download, especially if the dealer is referring you to JLR and JLR refers you to the dealer.

Old 01-05-2023, 04:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

I’ve noticed that I always get the update notice after a longer drive, like a hour or so. Short hops around town and I don’t see anything. Who knows?!?!

Couple more positives from this update is smoother take off from a brake “hold “. Used to be kinda jerky when it would come out of a hold. Also adaptive cruise is smoother in its transitions. Wife used to get car sick in the passenger seat when using adaptive cruise in traffic. All good now.

gary

Old 01-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by woo90
I signed out and back in to my InControl account. After approximately 1 day, the download appeared. My 2020 Defender HSE sits in the garage 95% of the time and is connected to my home wifi in the garage and was not receiving the update. Signing out and back in seems to have triggered it to receive the download and has been fine since. If you haven't tried this, give it a go and see if that works. I don't know of any other way to force the download, especially if the dealer is referring you to JLR and JLR refers you to the dealer.
Thanks, but I already tried this, too! :-)

Old 01-05-2023, 05:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by FLwolverine
I’ve noticed that I always get the update notice after a longer drive, like a hour or so. Short hops around town and I don’t see anything. Who knows?!?!

Couple more positives from this update is smoother take off from a brake “hold “. Used to be kinda jerky when it would come out of a hold. Also adaptive cruise is smoother in its transitions. Wife used to get car sick in the passenger seat when using adaptive cruise in traffic. All good now.

gary
Ugh. Maybe we’re just stuck. We’ve done, at least, two 2-hour drives since November.

Old 01-05-2023, 09:40 PM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by pllr
Ugh. Maybe we’re just stuck. We’ve done, at least, two 2-hour drives since November.
It’s interesting that when I brought my ‘23 home in September it took about two weeks before I was updated to 3.3.0… I have yet to get the latest version. I Drive multiple 1+ hour trips a week. It’s quite the puzzle

Old 01-05-2023, 10:57 PM
Banned
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
It’s interesting that when I brought my ‘23 home in September it took about two weeks before I was updated to 3.3.0… I have yet to get the latest version. I Drive multiple 1+ hour trips a week. It’s quite the puzzle
Well, if misery loves company, my story is identical. Picked up my 90S first week of May and had 3.3.0 download two weeks later. Still haven't seen 3.3.1 after trying all the suggestions above.

Old 01-06-2023, 05:54 AM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

2023 picked up in July and is till don’t have. I got a notification to download or something and tapped it but it then disappeared so now I just be really screwed lol.

Quick Reply: Pivi pro update 3.3.1 installed