2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PiviPro Navigation issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 01:00 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have issue with the touchscreen flickering and turning green with CarPlay?

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0002.MOV (879.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-30-2021, 12:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BaconL
Does anyone have issue with the touchscreen flickering and turning green with CarPlay?
yes! I did too. Exactly that problem. Only started once I connected with car play...but then even after I disconnected it still flickered. Do you have the latest software? I just updated mine. Will let you know if it still happens.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:29 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My sw is 2.0.8 p4dv. What is yours?

Old 04-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Tucker Woods
It does seem to adjust for traffic; however, Apple CarPlay does a better job in this regards (using Waze or Google maps).

----------------------------------------------------------
2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)
I’m confused by this. The manual states that the route doesn’t update based on traffic conditions; however, optimal routes are initially chosen by traffic conditions. It’s a bit vague in wording. I’ll have to dig it up. And maybe I’ve put a spin on it that isn’t there. Can anyone confirm that a previously chosen route was changed automatically or by prompt after new information in traffic conditions presented itself?

Old 04-30-2021, 10:50 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by BaconL
My sw is 2.0.8 p4dv. What is yours?
Hey BaconL,

Just checked and mine is OS 2.0.8a P13DV1. I still haven’t connected to Apple CarPlay since the update though to check.

The following users liked this post:
BaconL (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 02:17 PM
Three Wheeling

OK BaconL, I took along a USB-C to lightning cable and plugged my iPhone in. Started my car. Unlocked my iPhone. I had navigation up. Drove around for 20 mins. I noticed when this happened before that the flickering correlated quite a bit with when the track on Spotify advanced. So I advanced several times. No flickering so far.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Quick update: Vehicle in to dealer and they has a tech directly from JLR there who looked at the navigation issue. He was perplexed and said he never saw this before. Stated they likely will have to wipe the entire drive and start from scratch with all new software So the Defender is in until they ferret out the issue. On a brighter note my loaner is a new 2020 Range Rover Velar...got to hand it to this dealer as all the loaners are really nice. Not Defender nice but.....

Old 05-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Quick update: Vehicle in to dealer and they has a tech directly from JLR there who looked at the navigation issue. He was perplexed and said he never saw this before. Stated they likely will have to wipe the entire drive and start from scratch with all new software So the Defender is in until they ferret out the issue. On a brighter note my loaner is a new 2020 Range Rover Velar...got to hand it to this dealer as all the loaners are really nice. Not Defender nice but.....
Okay, vehicle at dealers 2 days and returned as fixed. Not so, system seemed OK at dealer and as soon as I drove less than a mile it did the same thing again. Dealer wiped system and reinstalled everything yet the fix didn't work and now there is a whirring sound like a hard drive going bad under the dash. Driving home it took me through golf courses and across a stream..LOL..if only I wanted to be there I guess. Arriving home the nav system says I am three miles away. Going back tomorrow. Sad for a one month old vehicle.

Last edited by Magnumforc; 05-06-2021 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Update
Old 05-06-2021, 10:39 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Okay, vehicle at dealers 2 days and returned as fixed. Not so, system seemed OK at dealer and as soon as I drove less than a mile it did the same thing again. Dealer wiped system and reinstalled everything yet the fix didn't work and now there is a whirring sound like a hard drive going bad under the dash. Driving home it took me through golf courses and across a stream..LOL..if only I wanted to be there I guess. Arriving home the nav system says I am three miles away. Going back tomorrow. Sad for a one month old vehicle.
Update 5/5. On the way to the dealer again the navigation suddenly started to accurately show our location. Drove about 15 miles and it was flawless including several stops and starts for fuel and groceries. Contacted the dealer and also sent pics of the navigation screen with the wrong location and the new with the correct. They honestly have no idea why it went awry the first time, or why when they "fixed" it it suddenly went awry again, nor why it self-resolved. Hope this is not a continuing issue with the PiviPro. As slow as the old ICT was, it never gave a moment of problems.