Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Pangea123
Can it disable the seatbelt chime?

Yes it can I've done it on mine

Old 06-03-2023, 05:54 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Ok, so this weekend I finally had a chance to play around with the GAP tool. First off: LOVE it. Definitely worth the $$. Ymmv. The ability to check faults, services, yada yada. And the access to the CCF. Here's the link to where I got mine from Lucky8 (shipped fast): Link and the documentation from the GAP company Link. Paul at the GAP is VERY responsive. I got the one VIN use only version. For 5x the cost, you can get an unlimited version - but not for me. The documentation was pretty good and the set up/sync was pretty flawless. You need the mobile app to connect to it. I HIGHLY recommend (especially if you have an MHEV) to put a battery charger on it while playing around with it. Here's mine:

I added the Defender 007 logo and immediately enabled the Auto Start/Stop memory. So far it seems to work, though the "Off light" isn't on. I'll report back if it doesn't stick. Also added wifi, though I don't think I'm a use case for it. I searched for ClearView (for a future retrofit) and couldn't find it. I'll keep digging. But I have to admit, there are HUNDREDS of CCF configs and many of them are a bit vague. It was kind of like using a chainsaw. The entire time, I had a distinct awareness that any carelessness could result in immediate and catastrophic trauma. So, I was on my highly-aware A game the entire time. Which sadly is a D- game for anyone who's a professional mechanic.

Here were some interesting settings that I didn't enable, change, or touch. I just looked at it. I like catching any snake (venomous or not) that I find on my property but I'm not stupid enough to mess with these settings!!
EUCD-011 Fuel Tank, Volume. Current: 50L. Could go to 66L. This could be useful if/when I get a Long Ranger.
EUCD-014 Headlights, Type. Current: Matrix LED AFS123/THB. No idea what that means, but the Matrix seemed interesting. Not sure if it is THAT matrix headlights.
EUCD-059 Parking Assistance. Current: Without Parking Assistance. Something to explore. May try to add this.
EUCD-099 Parking Assistance Camera. Current: Without Parking Assistance Camera. Likely used with above. If this activates a hardware upgrade, then I'm out.
EUCD-199 Night Vision. Current: Not Configured. Oooohhhh!!! That could be cool. Likely a different Brand/Model or needs HW. Would LOVE that.
EUCD-225 Advanced Chauffeur Function. Current: Advanced Chauffeur Function Not Fitted. I need one of these!! Likely something for the Jag line up.
MultiCAN-458 Sunset Clause. Current: Sunset Clause Disabled. This one seemed pretty ominous.
MultiCAN518 Armored Vehicle. Current: Standard. Oh yeah!! This could be cool. Likely another Jaguar option.
MultiCan- Max Vehicle Speed. Current: LIMIT_191_KPH. This could get some people stupid. I'm out, but it could be reset up to 286 or 322.
MultiCan-677 Mild HybridType. Current: MHEV System Not Implemented. As an owner of a Dynamic HSE, this one had me confused. Likely why the battery drains so damn easily!

Anyway, there are hundreds of others for every CanBus out there. Look forward to seeing how the awareness on these builds. Two things I'll keep digging around for: ClearView if needed for a future retrofit and I'd be interested if the cell booster could be enabled full time and not just when wirelessly charging.

NOTE: I did ping GAP and Paul responded that while the L663 says Beta, they send you all the L663 when it syncs. So, no need to "register" for a Beta. Just that it hasn't been explored as much as many of the other Makes/Models and, as always, you're on your own if you change anything.

@starbai - Yep, in there. I have no idea what they do, could do, yada yada or any other disclaimer re: what happens if they are changed.

You have to remember that there are a lot of settings in the ccf and not all of them apply to the Defender so there will be things in there that can't be enabled

Old 06-03-2023, 06:52 AM
Mudding
Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Dan is absolutely correct in that there are many settings that don't apply to the Defender.

LR's diagnostic SW covers the entire vehicle range. The CCF list also covers the entire range. There are some items that are obviously Defender, but many that are generic and could apply to any or all models. The only way to determine what works and what doesn't is through trial and error. As we are a small company and don't have access to all vehicle models/types/configurations, we usually work with our users to confirm what will work and what doesn't. As such, once the SW has been in the field a while, it will be like what we already have in place for the older vehicles: the will be a "confirmed" CCF list for a particular vehicle type, and a "complete" list containing the rest of the CCF settings. This way, users who are looking for a particular setting still have the opportunity to try unconfirmed items.

Just as a bit of additional info since this was a topic somewhat further up in the thread: we have sold around 15k IIDTools in the past 10 years. The vast majority of these are in private (non-pro) user hands. For this reason, we've tried to make it as foolproof as possible. The IIDTool reads the original vehicle settings and saves the back-up files. If anything untoward happens when changes are made and you can "restore" back to original settings. We've not lost a vehicle yet.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (06-05-2023)
Old 06-03-2023, 01:06 PM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there a pretty easy to save CCF files and then just put back the factory setting when it goes in for service. Then put it back after?

Old 06-03-2023, 05:04 PM
Three Wheeling

When you first plug the tool in it takes a copy of your as built CCF file and it takes about 2 minutes to return the car to as built. You can't save a modified ccf file but what you can do is to save all your favourite settings in a separate list so when you want to return your car to its modified state it would just be a case of working down the list and clicking enable etc to restore your changes. At least that's how I do it

Old 06-03-2023, 08:06 PM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like a pretty easy fix for those concerned about warranty issues. Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
starbai (06-03-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:28 AM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If I'm just wanting to reset the memory on my transmission, what tool should I buy? Awhile back I made this post because someone mentioned getting a GAP tool to help reset transmission if the transmission shifts weirdly when braking.

Old 06-13-2023, 12:26 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Ok, so this weekend I finally had a chance to play around with the GAP tool. First off: LOVE it. Definitely worth the $$. Ymmv. The ability to check faults, services, yada yada. And the access to the CCF. Here's the link to where I got mine from Lucky8 (shipped fast): Link and the documentation from the GAP company Link. Paul at the GAP is VERY responsive. I got the one VIN use only version. For 5x the cost, you can get an unlimited version - but not for me. The documentation was pretty good and the set up/sync was pretty flawless. You need the mobile app to connect to it. I HIGHLY recommend (especially if you have an MHEV) to put a battery charger on it while playing around with it. Here's mine:

I added the Defender 007 logo and immediately enabled the Auto Start/Stop memory. So far it seems to work, though the "Off light" isn't on. I'll report back if it doesn't stick. Also added wifi, though I don't think I'm a use case for it. I searched for ClearView (for a future retrofit) and couldn't find it. I'll keep digging. But I have to admit, there are HUNDREDS of CCF configs and many of them are a bit vague. It was kind of like using a chainsaw. The entire time, I had a distinct awareness that any carelessness could result in immediate and catastrophic trauma. So, I was on my highly-aware A game the entire time. Which sadly is a D- game for anyone who's a professional mechanic.

Here were some interesting settings that I didn't enable, change, or touch. I just looked at it. I like catching any snake (venomous or not) that I find on my property but I'm not stupid enough to mess with these settings!!
EUCD-011 Fuel Tank, Volume. Current: 50L. Could go to 66L. This could be useful if/when I get a Long Ranger.
EUCD-014 Headlights, Type. Current: Matrix LED AFS123/THB. No idea what that means, but the Matrix seemed interesting. Not sure if it is THAT matrix headlights.
EUCD-059 Parking Assistance. Current: Without Parking Assistance. Something to explore. May try to add this.
EUCD-099 Parking Assistance Camera. Current: Without Parking Assistance Camera. Likely used with above. If this activates a hardware upgrade, then I'm out.
EUCD-199 Night Vision. Current: Not Configured. Oooohhhh!!! That could be cool. Likely a different Brand/Model or needs HW. Would LOVE that.
EUCD-225 Advanced Chauffeur Function. Current: Advanced Chauffeur Function Not Fitted. I need one of these!! Likely something for the Jag line up.
MultiCAN-458 Sunset Clause. Current: Sunset Clause Disabled. This one seemed pretty ominous.
MultiCAN518 Armored Vehicle. Current: Standard. Oh yeah!! This could be cool. Likely another Jaguar option.
MultiCan- Max Vehicle Speed. Current: LIMIT_191_KPH. This could get some people stupid. I'm out, but it could be reset up to 286 or 322.
MultiCan-677 Mild HybridType. Current: MHEV System Not Implemented. As an owner of a Dynamic HSE, this one had me confused. Likely why the battery drains so damn easily!

Anyway, there are hundreds of others for every CanBus out there. Look forward to seeing how the awareness on these builds. Two things I'll keep digging around for: ClearView if needed for a future retrofit and I'd be interested if the cell booster could be enabled full time and not just when wirelessly charging.

NOTE: I did ping GAP and Paul responded that while the L663 says Beta, they send you all the L663 when it syncs. So, no need to "register" for a Beta. Just that it hasn't been explored as much as many of the other Makes/Models and, as always, you're on your own if you change anything.

@starbai - Yep, in there. I have no idea what they do, could do, yada yada or any other disclaimer re: what happens if they are changed.
Is your tool the IDTool BT G3 or the IIDTool Pro G3? On the description looks like only the Pro G3 is able to modify the ccf file

Old 06-13-2023, 12:42 PM
Three Wheeling

It's the IID Tool BT G3 that you want, that is capable of doing ccf edits.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:25 PM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
It's the IID Tool BT G3 that you want, that is capable of doing ccf edits.
Stupid question, but what is the function of the USB cable supplied? I was under the impression that it connects to the mobile device via BT. Is there a desktop application or something that is also supported?

Quick Reply: Preferred GAP tool?