2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear climate not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 10:03 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

In regards to the rear climate, does anyone else have issues (American models) with the temperature being reported in Celsius on the Pivi Pro screen for the rear climate? I would say 5-10% of the time when I am adjusting the rear climate from the Pivi Pro screen it is in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit (but on the actual dials in the rear seat, it is still in Fahrenehit).

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)

Old 05-21-2021, 10:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi, Does anyone know how second row passengers can adjust the climate (i.e. fan speed, temp) without it interfering with the front row? The second row stays synced to the front row so if the kiddos blast the fan I get blasted too (I know I can close the vents but that’s besides the point). I don’t see an “un-sync” button on the PIVI pro screen, only “lock” and “auto”. Thanks in advance.

2020 Defender

Old 08-15-2022, 10:21 AM
4wd High
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalliste80
Hi, Does anyone know how second row passengers can adjust the climate (i.e. fan speed, temp) without it interfering with the front row? The second row stays synced to the front row so if the kiddos blast the fan I get blasted too (I know I can close the vents but that’s besides the point). I don’t see an “un-sync” button on the PIVI pro screen, only “lock” and “auto”. Thanks in advance.

2020 Defender
Hi, new here..!

Did you find a solution for this?
Second row can decide the fan speed for the front row all the time unless fully disabled controls...!?

Old 08-15-2022, 11:29 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,328 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalliste80

2020 Defender
Sync is controlled by driver control only.

Passenger seat and second row can adjust their own temps and this will unsync the system and does not alter temps in other areas.

Similarly passenger can unsync and adjust their temp anytime without it impacting the driver temp.

The lock feature prevents second row from adjusting their own temps or fan speed. Passenger can still adjust.

Third row temps are dictated by second row temps. Third row can adjust their own fan. (Again, lock feature prevents this).

Old 08-15-2022, 01:53 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by GavinC
Sync is controlled by driver control only.

Passenger seat and second row can adjust their own temps and this will unsync the system and does not alter temps in other areas.

Similarly passenger can unsync and adjust their temp anytime without it impacting the driver temp.

The lock feature prevents second row from adjusting their own temps or fan speed. Passenger can still adjust.

Third row temps are dictated by second row temps. Third row can adjust their own fan. (Again, lock feature prevents this).
Yes that is correct, but how about the fan speed? second row puts the fan speed in 5, then front row also gets a 5 speed fan.
No way to have independent fan speed?

Old 08-15-2022, 03:26 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by DEFENDER2023
Yes that is correct, but how about the fan speed? second row puts the fan speed in 5, then front row also gets a 5 speed fan.
No way to have independent fan speed?
Fan speed is similarly controlled/over ridden by sync. 2nd row adjusting fan has no impact on front.

Edit: This is 100% wrong

Last edited by GavinC; 08-22-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:53 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by GavinC
Fan speed is similarly controlled/over ridden by sync. 2nd row adjusting fan has no impact on front.
mine does... whatever happens with fan speed on the second row happens on the front row.

so any rear seat passenger that adjusts the fan speed also changes the front row.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:39 AM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem with the fan control... Can we confirm that it has 2 blowers? I kinda fear that we only get one, from the front and 2nd row.

Last edited by Dokodoko; 08-19-2022 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:29 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Dokodoko
I have the same problem with the fan control... Can we confirm that it has 2 blowers? I kinda fear that we only get one, from the front and 2nd row.
I thought there was a second row one but I was wrong. The second row passengers can indeed over ride the first row if it's not locked in the AC control.

3rd row has it's own separate blower that can be controlled by the third row. Sorry for the bad info.

Old 10-01-2022, 06:35 AM
7th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a little confused to what the answer is lol. Is the Front and second row on the same fan? Is there any way for them to be independent ?

Quick Reply: rear climate not working