Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Rack!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 05:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Landy718
That voyager rack looks good, I love the low-profile, but jeeze 2.3k!!
I know. So much more than their other LR racks, or any other rack for that matter. Maybe demand is high.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Overlanding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks great! What has been your experience with wind noise on a highway?

Can you still open the panoramic roof if you install this rack?

If you have the panoramic roof, any chance you could post a picture from the inside looking upwards?

Old 03-12-2021, 08:41 AM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your rack looks amazing. Also, how did you run the wires for the lights on the rack? I want to do something similar, and have not started to think about my wiring plan. Thanks so much!

Old 03-12-2021, 09:19 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedykjr
I wanted to go with a more traditional set up too for skiing and family trips but was frustrated bc I didn’t find any new Defender options on the Yakima or Thule websites. After reading the article below online, I reached out Thule South Africa about how to configure an after market roof rack since Thule has not released any compatible roof racks in the US for the new Defender. They couldn't have been more helpful and educated me that previously released Thule fit kits are being used for the new Defender in both Europe and South Africa. Below is what you need which I was able to find at online stores or on Ebay. I did mine in all black to match the roof (see pic) and it looks much better (and lower profile) than the OEM dealer option. As important, I am experiencing almost no wind noise. Hope this helps everyone.

Thule 3040 Fit Kit
Thule 753 Rapid System Foot Pack
Thule Wingbar Evo 127 (50 in)

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-ne...f38b97f284

Noobie first post! Someone buy the NFT version from me for the bargain price of $2.5M!

This looks to be exactly what I would need; would you mind posting a photo from the rear?

I don’t have a Defender as of yet, but am considering a 90 for my wife and I. I carry 2 sea kayaks so the Thule option would work great for that, and I could add a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform to it for overlanding trips. Just wondering if the 48” or 52” wide platform would be better on the 50” bars.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Not for sale yet - but Uptop Overland is building a custom rack for me as I type this that will be for sale shortly. Custom colors, handles, scene pods, etc. I pick up my Defender next Friday for the big reveal!!

Old 05-07-2021, 11:07 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks for posting the photos.

Was that the pano glass sunroof in “popped up” mode that i see?

if so, i assume that this Thule setup provides enough clearance for the pano glass sunroof to pop up and slide open?

I wanted to go with a more traditional set up too for skiing and family trips but was frustrated bc I didn’t find any new Defender options on the Yakima or Thule websites. After reading the article below online, I reached out Thule South Africa about how to configure an after market roof rack since Thule has not released any compatible roof racks in the US for the new Defender. They couldn't have been more helpful and educated me that previously released Thule fit kits are being used for the new Defender in both Europe and South Africa. Below is what you need which I was able to find at online stores or on Ebay. I did mine in all black to match the roof (see pic) and it looks much better (and lower profile) than the OEM dealer option. As important, I am experiencing almost no wind noise. Hope this helps everyone.

Thule 3040 Fit Kit
Thule 753 Rapid System Foot Pack
Thule Wingbar Evo 127 (50 in)

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-ne...f38b97f284

Old 05-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

there is enough clearance

i actually have the thule for settup for sale. but the foot pack and had the bars but ended up with a roof rack.

nonuse for it and like to sell. anybody interested let me know.

Originally Posted by sacharama

if so, i assume that this Thule setup provides enough clearance for the pano glass sunroof to pop up and slide open?

Old 05-07-2021, 02:10 PM
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default No clearance issues

Originally Posted by sacharama

The setup has plenty of room for the sunroof in any position. Roughly 3.5 inches of clearance from room to bottom of Thule Aero bar. No issues whatsoever.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 110 Posts

The setup has plenty of room for the sunroof in any position. Roughly 3.5 inches of clearance from room to bottom of Thule Aero bar. No issues whatsoever.

Great thanks!

Old 05-11-2021, 07:51 AM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
there is enough clearance

i actually have the thule for settup for sale. but the foot pack and had the bars but ended up with a roof rack.

nonuse for it and like to sell. anybody interested let me know.
I’m interested in purchasing your Thule racks. I sent you a pm.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Roof Rack!!!!