2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I added the upgraded angel eyes drls...& going to add AFS Adaptive Eurospec lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 12:48 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
Default So I added the upgraded angel eyes drls...& going to add AFS Adaptive Eurospec lights

I had to buy the upgraded lights on ebay. Then my dealership had to code the lights to work with my lower grade spec. I found two lights for 300 each. The additional Eurospec ballasts were 150 each.

The difference between the USA NA high spec lights versus the Eurospec Adaptive AFS lights is pretty cool. I bought the Eurospec ballasts and I will need to swap them out and have them recoded again at the dealership but it would be pretty cool to have the only USA spec with cool Adaptive AFS headlights.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 12:53 AM
Mudding
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

This is amazing. Can we have more information? Do the headlights do that adaptive dance for oncoming traffic now?

are the headlamps you installed brighter than the dim ones that come with the defender in US?

Old 02-05-2022, 01:15 AM
LR Forum Vendor

so I was browsing eBay and saw Partecha the headlights manufacturer selling headlights on eBay Slovakia and I bought two of them. What happened is I went to plug them in and only one would work. Partecha had sold me one USA NA spec ballast and one Eurospec ballast so I researched and found 1 more ballast of each. My dealership buddy got frustrated after spending hours trying to program them before we realized we had mis-matched ballasts!

so to answer your question the Eurospec AFS headlights are brighter and do really cool things. The headlight box minus the ballast is the same but the ballast make the cool stuff in the video link happen. I just have to swap out the ballast and go back in for a couple of hours of programming.

after the ordeal of no headlights, then one headlight then mismatched ballasts then troubleshooting the ordering two more ballasts one for USA and one more Eurospec AFS Im going to wait a little while before I upgrade.

I just didn’t like the standard low spec headlights that came from the factory, it has the boring non Angel eye drl that I absolutely love on most defenders and had to have that!

check out the video it explains everything. If you have the upgraded USA NA spec headlights with Angel eyes drls you can find the Eurospec AFS ballasts on eBay worldwide for anywhere from 100-200 usd dollars each. Then find a cool dealership who will help you program them. If you have a winch it’s a bit more work, but without the winch it’s easier to install by taking the whole headlight out. Don’t mess with the air box behind the headlights it’s very sensitive to fit and has weird rubber rings that get out of alignment on the driver’s side headlight. Pull the whole headlight from the front to get drivers side out, leave the air box alone. Passenger side is easy to swap the ballast with headlights kept in the car.

Originally Posted by Pangea123
This is amazing. Can we have more information? Do the headlights do that adaptive dance for oncoming traffic now?

are the headlamps you installed brighter than the dim ones that come with the defender in US?

Old 02-05-2022, 02:38 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Old 02-05-2022, 09:05 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That’s fantastic! I’ve been meaning to do this. When I picked up my 110, the dealership only had one. It had all the options that I wanted including the color, except for the premium led. I asked them if it was possible to upgrade and they gave me a ridiculous quote.

$300 sounds great. Can you please share the seller info on eBay for the lights and the ballast. Thnx

Old 02-05-2022, 09:14 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

just so i understand, are you upgrading to a feature that is not available in the US no matter the trim?

Old 02-05-2022, 09:19 AM
LR Forum Vendor

prices are a little higher, AND you have to make sure you request the USA NA spec or the Eurospec AFS adaptive ballasts for both lights!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115106632...QAAOSwg9Zhm38w

Originally Posted by DefenderRR
That’s fantastic! I’ve been meaning to do this. When I picked up my 110, the dealership only had one. It had all the options that I wanted including the color, except for the premium led. I asked them if it was possible to upgrade and they gave me a ridiculous quote.

$300 sounds great. Can you please share the seller info on eBay for the lights and the ballast. Thnx

Old 02-05-2022, 09:41 AM
LR Forum Vendor

correct the Eurospec adaptive AFS is not available in the USA. But the ballasts are for sale on eBay worldwide

Originally Posted by MacMia
just so i understand, are you upgrading to a feature that is not available in the US no matter the trim?

Rhelohe09 (10-20-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 10:30 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by markjlr
correct the Eurospec adaptive AFS is not available in the USA. But the ballasts are for sale on eBay worldwide
awesome. The key will be getting the programming right.. local dealers barely know how the options on the cars, nevermind how to do something like this!

DrPizz (12-06-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing the info. Would love to know if anyone in California has done this and knows a dealer that can program it.

Quick Reply: So I added the upgraded angel eyes drls...& going to add AFS Adaptive Eurospec lights