2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I added the upgraded angel eyes drls...& going to add AFS Adaptive Eurospec lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 09:06 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Only Simon from powerfuluk on YouTube can answer that.

Old 12-03-2022, 06:22 AM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Trying to clear up some confusion and preparation on the chance you’re flown out to the east coast.

to enable matrix lighting the following is required (please confirm or correct)

1-premium LED headlights (either ordered with the truck or added on after)

2-euro spec LED ballasts for the NA spec lights

3-you to code the matrix lights

is this correct?

Old 12-03-2022, 07:34 AM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
Trying to clear up some confusion and preparation on the chance you’re flown out to the east coast.

to enable matrix lighting the following is required (please confirm or correct)

1-premium LED headlights (either ordered with the truck or added on after)

2-euro spec LED ballasts for the NA spec lights

3-you to code the matrix lights

is this correct?
@PowerfulUK has three videos that talk about the headlights and upgrading them. In short, you need to buy the whole matrix headlights of which they don't sell in a North American variant. I believe you'd have to buy them from a LHD European country. The matrix headlights look different than the premium LEDs we get in the US. I forget which video goes into this detail but they're worth a watch.

The following 3 users liked this post by EasternShoreDefender:
markjlr (12-03-2022), MattF (12-03-2022), Red Rock-it (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 07:54 AM
Winching

Thank you

Old 12-03-2022, 08:48 AM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
Thank you
I've actually been very interested in doing this so I'm curious to learn from anyone that has tried. I was really disappointed they didnt offer matrix headlights in the US and I don't think it's a cheap modification but I want it! 😄

@sarek Do you have any thoughts on installing matrix headlights on a US defender? If I bought German or French matrix headlights could you make them work?

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (12-08-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by EasternShoreDefender
I've actually been very interested in doing this so I'm curious to learn from anyone that has tried. I was really disappointed they didnt offer matrix headlights in the US and I don't think it's a cheap modification but I want it! 😄

@sarek Do you have any thoughts on installing matrix headlights on a US defender? If I bought German or French matrix headlights could you make them work?
I activated matrix lighting on my RS6 and it's much more impressive than I would have thought. Combined with the actual laser lights within the matrix lights it blows me away every time I see it working. Highly functional and would be great to have on the Defender.

The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (12-03-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 05:42 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same, I had the base LED spec lights and switched them out for premiums however I’m having issues getting the proper brightness on the Halo ring.

if I went to the Land Rover dealership will they be able to program my defender to accept the premium lights?

thanks!

Originally Posted by markjlr
I had to buy the upgraded lights on ebay. Then my dealership had to code the lights to work with my lower grade spec. I found two lights for 300 each. The additional Eurospec ballasts were 150 each.

The difference between the USA NA high spec lights versus the Eurospec Adaptive AFS lights is pretty cool. I bought the Eurospec ballasts and I will need to swap them out and have them recoded again at the dealership but it would be pretty cool to have the only USA spec with cool Adaptive AFS headlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmahzP4MZxY

Old 12-07-2022, 07:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

what lights did you buy?
what initials do they have, are they matrix or premium?
you could try, if available, to do the ccf change with the gap id tool they are testing.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:11 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m not sure on initials but I purchased the premium, not the matrix. I’d like to do the CCF change myself, can you give some guidance on the tools needed to perform?

Originally Posted by mmbanf
what lights did you buy?
what initials do they have, are they matrix or premium?
you could try, if available, to do the ccf change with the gap id tool they are testing.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:15 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by gremmieboi
I’m not sure on initials but I purchased the premium, not the matrix. I’d like to do the CCF change myself, can you give some guidance on the tools needed to perform?
Lots of info here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic85281.html

Quick Reply: So I added the upgraded angel eyes drls...& going to add AFS Adaptive Eurospec lights