2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software Update on 2021 Defender

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021 | 12:01 PM
Three Wheeling

Yesterday my 2020 P400 HSE prompted me for an update and it actually went through.

Interesting with JLR versioning:

Initial load in car, <no version number listed>
Unprompted update about 3 weeks into ownership (end of Jan 2021) <2.0.8 P9DT>
Prompted update at about 6 weeks (February 2021) <2.0.6 (2 letters)>
Prompted update yesterday (Apr 30 2021)<2.0.7 (2 letters)>

Message with yesterday's update mentioned "enhancements" to lane-keeping-assist and dynamic cruise control. I don't see any real differences.

HOWEVER, surprise, surprise, my iPhone 12 Pro now charges in the Qi pad. Not sure if it was the Defender update or an iOS update, but that annoyance seems to have been fixed.

Other annoying gremlin (keyless entry) hasn't been fixed, I still need to be holding the key in my hand or have the key in my pocket nearest to the car, with my knee up and pointing towards the front of the truck to unlock. I can be 10' away and have someone else push the button to lock the truck. So really don't understand why this is still an issue.

Old 05-01-2021 | 12:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by carlmuck
Yesterday my 2020 P400 HSE prompted me for an update and it actually went through.

Message with yesterday's update mentioned "enhancements" to lane-keeping-assist and dynamic cruise control. I don't see any real differences.

HOWEVER, surprise, surprise, my iPhone 12 Pro now charges in the Qi pad. Not sure if it was the Defender update or an iOS update, but that annoyance seems to have been fixed.

Other annoying gremlin (keyless entry) hasn't been fixed, I still need to be holding the key in my hand or have the key in my pocket nearest to the car, with my knee up and pointing towards the front of the truck to unlock. I can be 10' away and have someone else push the button to lock the truck. So really don't understand why this is still an issue.
Thats so bizarre. So your versions actually downgraded through time? Maybe they had to rollback because of some introduced issue?? Odd. And I’ve yet to figure out how and when to expect updates. Seems random at best. Perhaps the timing is random so we don’t all overload the servers. Hm.

Old 05-01-2021 | 12:49 PM
Three Wheeling

No idea about timing, it is interesting that when prompted to update you have the option to schedule it. But if you stop the truck before the scheduled time, it will prompt again for the update. Why bother scheduling if you're just going to annoy me about it every time the truck is shut down?

And yes, my truck rolled back versions on an "update" mysterious...

Old 05-01-2021 | 09:40 PM
Rock Crawling

I was one of the ones that had the failed update before, but this latest one worked fine. No idea what it actually updated. I imagine it’s all bug fixes.

Old 05-02-2021 | 06:55 AM
Mudding

After reading this post, I checked if my 12 Pro would charge, and it still won't. I tried without a case and with a non-Apple case. I'll try again with an Apple case and post here.

Old 05-02-2021 | 07:22 AM
Mudding

My iphone 12 still doesn't charge after the 2.10a update. I get the wireless charging signal with a line through it. All other iphone models do charge. Be nice if Apple or LR could figure this out - it has been ongoing since October. My iphone 12 does charge in our 2019 BMW X7 - so thinking this may be more the QI charger in the Land Rover.

Old 05-02-2021 | 07:36 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
My iphone 12 still doesn't charge after the 2.10a update. I get the wireless charging signal with a line through it. All other iphone models do charge. Be nice if Apple or LR could figure this out - it has been ongoing since October. My iphone 12 does charge in our 2019 BMW X7 - so thinking this may be more the QI charger in the Land Rover.
Good point, my 12 Pro charges in the Q1 in our 2020 X5.

Old 05-02-2021 | 08:35 AM
Mudding

Strangely, if I lock the vehicle either with the push button or the fob and walk away, when I return my driver's door won't unlock with the button, but will with the fob. Yet once opened I can lock or unlock with the button anytime. All the other doors will operate fine. The manual says to grasp the handle and not the button but that must be a misprint as while it worked for the LR4 and the Jaguar, it doesn't work for either of the Defenders. Just another thing to get used to.

Defender #2 going to dealer tomorrow for the navigation issue. Still shows 10-20 miles from where we are actually at. Strangely it moved place to place as we drive but far away. The wonders of modern electronics..

Old 05-03-2021 | 06:19 AM
Mudding

^^ Update to my post above. My Apple iPhone 12 Pro DOES charge wirelessly now in the Q1 pad after the 2.10 update. It didn't before. Major improvement,

The following 2 users liked this post by PatriotDefender:
A Faceless Man (05-03-2021), tictalk67 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-04-2021 | 05:37 AM
4wd Low
Default Radio

Could a software update be the reason why the AM/FM radio option is gone from the Audio choices? Now there is a Tunein App in its place that only works when the car is "connected". Any one else have this issue?

Quick Reply: Software Update on 2021 Defender