2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software Update on 2021 Defender

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021 | 06:45 AM
Mudding

Still no wireless fix for me on 2.10a for the iphone 12. Wireless comes on and still has line through it. Took case off, etc. Phone charges everywhere else. I have not gotten any answer from LR - dealer blames phone and LR online customer service has yet to respond to any of my 3 messages sent since ownership.

Old 05-04-2021 | 12:41 PM
Overlanding

I had the same issue with the March update, I tried countless times but it would say 'could not update' or something. Then after a while, the update disappeared. Two days ago I got the May update i think, and that update worked first time for me.

Old 05-04-2021 | 12:50 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by noor440
I had the same issue with the March update, I tried countless times but it would say 'could not update' or something. Then after a while, the update disappeared. Two days ago I got the May update i think, and that update worked first time for me.
Do you remember what version the March update was? I’m on 2.08a and I’m wondering why it thinks I’m up to date

Old 05-04-2021 | 12:53 PM
Mudding

The latest update came on 4/28 and for me was 2.10a. That latest update still does not solve iphone 12 wireless charging issues for my phone. (Phone does wirelessly charge elsewhere, including 2019 BMW X7)

Old 05-04-2021 | 01:00 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by A Faceless Man
Do you remember what version the March update was? I’m on 2.08a and I’m wondering why it thinks I’m up to date
Unfortunately I don't remember the March update since it disappeared by the time I paid attention to the name. It had "Name: OS 2.0.8a P3DV Installed 9 February 2021" and would say it was up to date.Name: OS 2.0.8a P3DV Installed 9 February 2021 Name: OS 2.0.8a P3DV Installed 9 February 2021

The following users liked this post:
A Faceless Man (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021 | 01:35 PM
Rock Crawling

Opinion has the software made a big difference. I am still on 1.9 since I picked mine up in oct 20. I have an appointment for an oil change and a warranty fix. I know they will look to update the software but part of me is saying "don't touch my system" it works perfectly except not getting the Spotify app. I run everything off of Andriod Auto. I get no warnings, everything works fine. I have had no issues with adaptive cruise control or privi pro not working. Should I just tell them to leave it alone or has there been a big jump in what the software has brought to have them make the change.

Old 05-05-2021 | 01:22 PM
Drifting

I have wondered why some seem to update regularly and some seem to not update at all. My 110 HSE was pretty early off the line and would not update on it's own. Even the dealership couldn't update it until about the third visit/try and they were connecting via USB (I think) and trying to force the software update. The new update doesn't show yet and I will be surprised if it does. Wish there was a way to manually check and install if there is one, like my Macbook.

Old 05-05-2021 | 02:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dsallean
I have wondered why some seem to update regularly and some seem to not update at all. My 110 HSE was pretty early off the line and would not update on it's own. Even the dealership couldn't update it until about the third visit/try and they were connecting via USB (I think) and trying to force the software update. The new update doesn't show yet and I will be surprised if it does. Wish there was a way to manually check and install if there is one, like my Macbook.
yep completely agree. I think I’m behind on two updates and the last one only installed two weeks ago (.08).

Old 05-05-2021 | 03:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by A Faceless Man
yep completely agree. I think I’m behind on two updates and the last one only installed two weeks ago (.08).
I most likely wouldn't be anxious to update except I continue to have an issue with "Emergency braking and emergency steering is not available" and I heard the engineers were working on a resolution. So far all attempts to resolve it have been unsuccessful. The new update mentions enhancements to LKA and adaptive cruise control, which I believe might help my issue.

Old 05-06-2021 | 10:48 AM
Mudding

Our one 2021 will not update and the "nag screen" has stopped saying there is even an update available. The other 2021 updated with no problem. The entire system has a lot of bugs and JLR corporate admits the system has glitches that may have no solution for at present. They assure they are working on improvements, which remains to be seen. We are the guinea pigs or rather test dummies for the new technology.

Quick Reply: Software Update on 2021 Defender