Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in PiviPro 3.3.2... Not Updating

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 09:52 PM
Drifting
Received 42 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rakusak
Novice question, but would the 4.0 update be in addition to the Land Rover Maps update that others have been doing?
Rakusak- Yes the 4.0 update is separate from the map update. Today I was able to update to 4.0 and then I updated the map via a USB memory stick. I downloaded the map update via my personal computer, transfered it to a memory stick and then to my Defender after the 4.0 update completed.

You can update the map anytime there is a new version out. With the Pivi update you have to wait for Land Rover.

The following 2 users liked this post by ThunderBob:
rakusak (07-24-2023), swajames (07-22-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 08:49 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...again, wifi is not needed for SOTA updates. My vehicle past 3 years every time has been over cell. Not connected to any wifi

Old 08-25-2023, 10:44 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Mine might be a unique situation but I can tell you why I have never received 4 and I'm still stuck on 3.3.2​​​​​​.

I get a low battery warning about once a week or so.
​​​
Anytime I connect my maintainer, it shows a charge of around 50%.

I recently had the battery replaced and I'm having the same issue.

My dealer tells me this is because I mainly take short trips but I think I've actually figured out what the issue is. My Android auto is always trying to wake the vehicle up and connect every time I walk by my garage inside the house.

I had 3.3.3 show up in my software update page and I made every attempt to lock the vehicle and let it do the update but every time I get back in it says the battery is too low and the update failed.

After about 2 weeks of this, 3.3.3 disappeared from the update screen.

A few weeks later, four showed up and, again, I tried to get it to update overnight but it never would and it also disappeared after about 2 weeks of this.

I'm.still on 3.3.2 and I'm going to just start trying to lock the car every night in the garage to see if that stops this low battery issue.
​​​​​​

​​​

Old 08-26-2023, 01:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,308 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Mine might be a unique situation but I can tell you why I have never received 4 and I'm still stuck on 3.3.2​​​​​​.

​​​

My dealer tells me this is because I mainly take short trips but I think I've actually figured out what the issue is. My Android auto is always trying to wake the vehicle up and connect every time I walk by my garage inside the house.

I had 3.3.3 show up in my software update page and I made every attempt to lock the vehicle and let it do the update but every time I get back in it says the battery is too low and the update failed.

A few weeks later, four showed up and, again, I tried to get it to update overnight but it never would and it also disappeared after about 2 weeks of this.

I'm.still on 3.3.2 and I'm going to just start trying to lock the car every night in the garage to see if that stops this low battery issue.
​​​​​​

​​​
@_Allegedly Thanks for this very helpful post.

I'm in the same caveman boat. 3.3.2 is where I'm at.

4.0 appeared as dowloaded, failed repeatedly to install overnight and then vanished from view. Gone without trace, like a fart in the wind.

I've had no issues with OTA updates till this latest iteration of the software.

We were away for a week prior to me seeing the update downloaded and did have a low battery warning upon our return, These vehicles sure do drain their batteries. It's a very poorly thought design. There should be a way to turn them off completely on demand. Many scenarios where that would be handy.

To be honest, I'm not that worried. FOMO really.

All the same,I can't help but think that there will be some update in the future that requires you to be at a certain level and then some features of prior software version will be problematic or unusable. I don't know. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to IT stuff so perhaps my concerns are unwarranted.

Old 08-26-2023, 01:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 245 Likes on 131 Posts

I too am on 3.3.2. However today I got an idea. I logged onto my account on landrover.com

There were several privacy updates i had to 'accept' to continue. I'm wondering if that was blocking it, i'll report back if something changes in my updates.

The following 2 users liked this post by Trekkie:
GavinC (08-26-2023), WTFChuck (08-28-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 03:10 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by GavinC
@_Allegedly Thanks for this very helpful post.

I'm in the same caveman boat. 3.3.2 is where I'm at.

4.0 appeared as dowloaded, failed repeatedly to install overnight and then vanished from view. Gone without trace, like a fart in the wind.

I've had no issues with OTA updates till this latest iteration of the software.

We were away for a week prior to me seeing the update downloaded and did have a low battery warning upon our return, These vehicles sure do drain their batteries. It's a very poorly thought design. There should be a way to turn them off completely on demand. Many scenarios where that would be handy.

To be honest, I'm not that worried. FOMO really.

All the same,I can't help but think that there will be some update in the future that requires you to be at a certain level and then some features of prior software version will be problematic or unusable. I don't know. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to IT stuff so perhaps my concerns are unwarranted.
Today I charged my 2 month new battery to 100%, immediately drove 4 miles, locked and parked for 3 hours and I'm back to 50% at 12.6v. Low battery warning kicks in at ~12.4v so a few minutes with the door open would get me there. Otherwise I'd be oblivious. This can't be normal but I just don't have the time to get the ammeter out and deal with it.
​​
At this rate, I'll never get the update. I'm half with you on the fomo but I'm also half not sure I care all that much since 3.3.2 has been flawless for me.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 08-26-2023 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GavinC (08-26-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 03:26 PM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

​​​

​​​​​​
​​​
I had similar battery issues: “Low Battery” warning every few days, but after the 4.0 update ZERO battery issues/warnings/problems.
I don’t know if this a real “thing” or just some software setting that may have changed, but it may be worth it to do everything you can to get the 4.0 update.
(The battery tests as “GOOD”)

Old 08-26-2023, 03:40 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by dj200
I had similar battery issues: “Low Battery” warning every few days, but after the 4.0 update ZERO battery issues/warnings/problems.
I don’t know if this a real “thing” or just some software setting that may have changed, but it may be worth it to do everything you can to get the 4.0 update.
(The battery tests as “GOOD”)
Interesting. So either they've fixed something in 4 or they just lowered the threshold for the warning. Any idea where your normal resting voltage lands?

Old 08-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

Interesting. So either they've fixed something in 4 or they just lowered the threshold for the warning. Any idea where your normal resting voltage lands?
Volt meter shows close to 12. (I don’t have a fancy charger like yours).

Old 08-26-2023, 04:23 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by dj200
Volt meter shows close to 12. (I don’t have a fancy charger like yours).
​​​​Sounds like they lowered the trigger for the warning then. Or you took your BMS cable off to turn off auto stop-start?

Quick Reply: Stuck in PiviPro 3.3.2... Not Updating