2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglass holder removed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 08:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,306 Likes on 951 Posts

I added the aftermarket long-range expanded Aussie-sunglasses holder to my MY22 SE

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
Eitan (08-05-2022), Royalist (07-15-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 11:48 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree. Also not the only thing which got degraded. Nothing is a big deal just weird and nothing to do with chips. For exmple the switches behind the steering wheel had a metal tip which got eliminated, click and go built into front seats removed, the front seat back pockets are now webbed instead of the flip out plastic (which looks sturdier). Having said that, I wouldn't want the car to be delayed because of these if there is a shortage.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Winching
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts

damn that is a deal breaker for me - guess I will have to go with a Bronco

The following users liked this post:
Eitan (08-05-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Very strange to see that get deleted. I used it for my glacier glasses but I kind of felt like it wasn't going to hold up so well if I used it a whole lot. I saw an evoque review once where a guy called that piece out as junk, his wouldn't stay closed after a while on a lease. For my readers I placed them to the left of the steering wheel on the ledge which is built into the dash, those never went anywhere, it's all rubberized and plenty deep enough to keep glasses in place, the only way that's going anywhere is if you're rear-ended. So you don't really need the overhead storage IMO. Still seems completely silly to hear they've removed it.

GrouseK9 (06-12-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 09:27 PM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cardude
Agree. Also not the only thing which got degraded. Nothing is a big deal just weird and nothing to do with chips. For exmple the switches behind the steering wheel had a metal tip which got eliminated, click and go built into front seats removed, the front seat back pockets are now webbed instead of the flip out plastic (which looks sturdier). Having said that, I wouldn't want the car to be delayed because of these if there is a shortage.
My 2023 is missing the sunglasses holder, the click n go is gone but the back seat pockets are a solid hard plastic piece.

Also tailgate soft close, Clearsight and seat memory. It sounds like some of the seat setting options are gone too but I'm not sure on that. My dealer said the seats are right for my S trim but the website shows differently.

Seems pretty inconsistent right now.

Old 06-21-2022, 11:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ADB90
My 2023 is missing the sunglasses holder, the click n go is gone but the back seat pockets are a solid hard plastic piece.

Also tailgate soft close, Clearsight and seat memory. It sounds like some of the seat setting options are gone too but I'm not sure on that. My dealer said the seats are right for my S trim but the website shows differently.

Seems pretty inconsistent right now.
Indeed! Also I don't have the fuel filler door central lock and the soft close. Plus, I don't know if this is a change or always been the case but without the 3rd row the three zone rear assist cooling only has one air vent on the pillar in the trunk while with a third row it has one on both sides. I'm sure there is a good reason, but it costs the same with or without the 3rd row and sometimes I carry two dogs with split cargo where a went on both sides would be good. Interestingly, without the third row it still has a temp control **** in the trunk which my guys barely use 😂

catman (06-23-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 11:23 PM
Drifting

I don't have a locking fuel door or inside cap..wasnt sure if I was supposed to or not but it seems odd that something this expensive wouldn't have a locking fuel door

Having a 90 I don't have any third row or triple climate control to worry about though!

Old 06-21-2022, 11:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ADB90
I don't have a locking fuel door or inside cap..wasnt sure if I was supposed to or not but it seems odd that something this expensive wouldn't have a locking fuel door

Having a 90 I don't have any third row or triple climate control to worry about though!
It is weird and I think it used to have but with the MY23 change it disappeared due to chip shortage.

Old 06-21-2022, 11:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by cardude
It is weird and I think it used to have but with the MY23 change it disappeared due to chip shortage.
That was my same thought about not having seat memory in the S trim 90. I asked my dealer for a list of removed items on the MY23 and I mentioned that one..they said it isn't an option on the S but the website says "12-way heated, electric memory front seats with 2-way manual headrests". The manual shows "manual seats" which only have back and forth up and down and seat tilt.

Mine shows the same as the manual seats in the manual plus has electric lumbar and seat tilt but manual everything else, but no bolster at all. So it doesn't match the manual for electric seats either.

Was pretty confused about that. Was looking forward to it because it's a shared vehicle.

XplusYplusZ (11-14-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 09:27 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

That's a lot to be blaming on chip shortages.... Am I the only one starting to get skeptical?

The following 2 users liked this post by GrouseK9:
Eitan (08-05-2022), Mechano2020 (07-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Sunglass holder removed?