2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglass holder removed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 08:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 246 Likes on 131 Posts

man that's going to be upsetting if that usb port is missing, it was a selling feature for the spousal and back seat participants. I know there are still more in the center console but switching to that 3d printed stuff will seriously upset some people in my house when the 110 arrives if it looks like that.

The more I look at it the angrier I get, that will make the headrest on my passenger go up so its useless for her, as she isn't that tall

Old 06-25-2022, 07:16 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Trekkie
man that's going to be upsetting if that usb port is missing, it was a selling feature for the spousal and back seat participants. I know there are still more in the center console but switching to that 3d printed stuff will seriously upset some people in my house when the 110 arrives if it looks like that.

The more I look at it the angrier I get, that will make the headrest on my passenger go up so its useless for her, as she isn't that tall
It is missing - the entire back of the seat has been de-contented - i.e. JLR cheeped out and also didn't lower the price to reflect it.

I'm waiting on my first ever Land Rover and man the experience with JLR is terrible. Their complete lack of regard for the customer is mind blowing....

The following 3 users liked this post by MattF:
GrouseK9 (06-25-2022), Mechano2020 (07-14-2022), Scandinavian outdoor (05-18-2023)
Old 06-25-2022, 07:37 AM
Mudding
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
It is missing - the entire back of the seat has been de-contented - i.e. JLR cheeped out and also didn't lower the price to reflect it.

I'm waiting on my first ever Land Rover and man the experience with JLR is terrible. Their complete lack of regard for the customer is mind blowing....
Should I be upset that my truck is missing the nicer click-n-go and another USB? maybe, but if the choice was to wait another 6 months for delivery, then no. I ordered it in February and my butt was in the seat 4 months later. The real point of owning a Defender is in the driving experience, not the gadgets behind my seat. The people who have seen those "cheap" plastic hook and coat hanger were actually pretty impressed. May we are just a bunch of rubes, not sufficiently jaded.

Here's what I like, its in my driveway

:

Last edited by Drednot; 06-25-2022 at 08:34 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Drednot:
dj200 (06-25-2022), GrouseK9 (06-25-2022), Trekkie (07-06-2022), WTFChuck (07-06-2022), XCELLER8 (07-06-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 07:41 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Drednot
Should I be upset that my truck is missing the nicer click-n-go and another USB? maybe, but if the choice was to wait another 6 months for delivery, then no. I ordered it in February and my butt was in the seat 4 months later. The real point of owning a Defender is in the driving experience, not the gadgets behind my seat. The people who have seen those "cheap" plastic hook and coat hanger were actually pretty impressed. May we are just a bunch of rubes, not sufficiently jaded.
I'm not disagreeing with you I'm pointing out how terribly, in my opinion, JLR has "managed" this. No transparency, consideration for the customer etc.

Regarding the actual seat thing, it's just me and my dog Jack and he prefers drooling out the window so it's not important to me.

The following users liked this post:
ballandchain (06-25-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 01:10 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty79
I'm confused - I have a build I did right at the beginning of June (a 23MY AFAIK), which was a 110 X-Dynamic SE then loaded up with air, towing, off-road, all sorts of packs ... but under the base specs for the trim line, it still says "Overhead storage for Sunglasses". For ***** and grins, I did another one today 6/10, and it still shows that.

Are we saying that people are receiving them without the sunglasses holder, despite it being on the build/price tool?

Of course - my build hasn't been accepted yet, dealer has it in their queue, but... what an odd thing to run out of?

There are a few things that are not available now. No Clear-sight rear view mirror, no larger touch screen, no activity key, and your new vehicle is currently being shipped with only one key.
You will receive a bulletin when the other clicker is available at a later date. This does not apply to the Range Rover or Range Rover Sport, but it does apply to the other vehicles such as Defender.
Hopefully this will end soon as the chips become more available.

Old 07-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Drednot

Here's what I like, its in my driveway

:
I hear you. Wait until word gets out that the champagne flute chiller and hydraulic cork remover are being discontinued due to chip shortages. And let’s not even mention the loss of the heated foot massager with the Eucalyptus fragrance mister.

Nyradiogirl (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 07:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 246 Likes on 131 Posts

those Steelies sure are pretty, too bad you can't get them on the V6, I needed the extra towing weight so went with that.

GrouseK9 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 11:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

I visited my friend during a recent trip to Arizona, and he brought two of his kids (around age 14 and 12) to take a look a my new Defender. I showed how I could raise/lower the suspension, the giant sun roof, all the cool 4x4 features (wade assist, etc.);.

What were they most impressed by? The individual USB charging ports on the back of the front seats so they could charge their devices, upon which they said "Hey Dad - you should get a Defender too!"

Old 07-14-2022, 12:27 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Also missing in my '23 is this sliding door. (1). This is in the current online manual for a '23.

Old 07-14-2022, 12:56 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

It’s just a removable rubber cover that doesn’t slide. You have to pick it up and flip it around to move it to the other position (cup-holder vs wireless charging pad on ‘22 model).

Quick Reply: Sunglass holder removed?