2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDI Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 12:54 AM
Winching
Received 160 Likes on 113 Posts

it is clear you don’t know anything about the subject and have very poor comprehension skills

if turbos perform better in lower temps you could put two and two together and come up with a basic conclusion that hotter temps hurt turbos. link goes into detail why and not wasting my time to copy and paste

but back to the subject.

If you are looking for more power from your p400 the TDI tuning box is an option

Originally Posted by Muppetry
No - I read it, and it is just about why turbos perform better at lower temperatures. As for detailed, it's about as superficial as it gets. If you don't actually know anything about this subject then you might consider simply not posting.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:46 AM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
I have had turbo cars for 30 years and ... guess what, as we all know, they're faster when it's cold.
Have you actually read post #68 onwards? The question asked was why turbos perform worse at very cold temperatures, and that was the discussion.

Turbochargers do not perform worse at low temperatures. If the claim is that modern engine management software backs off the power at extremely low temperatures, which means that "the car performs worse"... then, that's what is happening. If you are wondering the *reason* why... well, then, I don't know.
Agreed - you clearly don't know.

And who cares. It's emissions related (most likely). And are we actually racing a Defender at subzero temperatures?
No one asked about racing.

In other words, this thread is becoming rather tedious...
Then why are you reading and responding to it?

Old 01-30-2022, 08:50 AM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
it is clear you don’t know anything about the subject and have very poor comprehension skills
Oh the irony. Now you are projecting, because....

Originally Posted by Ehloo
if turbos perform better in lower temps you could put two and two together and come up with a basic conclusion that hotter temps hurt turbos. link goes into detail why and not wasting my time to copy and paste
As I said - your link is not about turbo performance at very low temperatures - it's about why turbos perform worse at high temperatures. No one was disputing that.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,119 Likes on 601 Posts

Bought TDI tune last week, showed up in a few days, and I put it on my P400 110X yesterday during a break from the infernal Pac NW rainstorms. Took 15 mins to install (half of which was trying to find my iPhone which I was using as a flashlight, and it felt down in the engine!)

Anyway, started off in "4". It definitely does increase power and torque. Noticed immediately. Drove about 20-25 miles to Washington state, got gas, and increased it to 7. Even a bit more. I notice more "pull" through the rev range.

Just wanted to post a positive review. Will report back after more time behind the wheel.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (04-17-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 10:43 AM
Drifting
Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for posting about this. Keep us updated what you find about the TDI Tune. Thanks.