Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update to OS 4.1.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 04:06 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelr
Everytime I get these updates the PiviPro gets wacky, this time my Android auto only launches about every other time I drive the vehicle, can't even launch it manually. You hit the Android auto icon from the app list and it diverts you to a config menu for the mobile data.. the window I remember where you could select "launch automatically" Android auto is nowhere to be found as well..
I have the same bug- hit the Android Auto icon and I get the config menu. Only way I can start AA is to hit e navigation panel.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JMF20
I have the same bug- hit the Android Auto icon and I get the config menu. Only way I can start AA is to hit e navigation panel.
Oh! I have this bug occasionally, but I didn't know about this workaround. I'll try this if it happens again. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 78 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JMF20
Playing with it this morning I again could not get AA to launch and still can't find the config window I know I have seen in the past where you can set AA to launch automatically. Anyway, finally just plugged the phone into the USB C port and it jumped right into AA. I figured great, guess I have lost the wireless AA for some reason. Then I unplugged the cable, a message window appeared from the left side of the screen saying that I had lost data signal via the USB connection for AA and asked if I wanted to turn the wireless connection on. Selected "yes" and it connected back up and launched AA again. Weird!!

Old 10-06-2023, 12:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by mzeee
You could have a satellite view? How?
Previously if the main Navi was set to satellite view the IDD was as well. Not after update.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuckle
Previously if the main Navi was set to satellite view the IDD was as well. Not after update.
Ah, I think you're referring to the vehicle's navigation, not Google Maps or the like?

Old 10-07-2023, 11:08 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by mzeee
Ah, I think you're referring to the vehicle's navigation, not Google Maps or the like?
Yes, the vehicle nav.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, the vehicle nav.
On the pivi screen, the navigation tile.. tap the arrow icon and see if it says pivi or CarPlay/android. If it’s on pivi, the IDD should show satellite view. Mine is set like that and it shows the satellite view with 4.1.0

Old 10-09-2023, 08:36 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Is it the same update? 4.0.1 or is it newer? My rig says software is up to date.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:54 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by chuyn
On the pivi screen, the navigation tile.. tap the arrow icon and see if it says pivi or CarPlay/android. If it’s on pivi, the IDD should show satellite view. Mine is set like that and it shows the satellite view with 4.1.0
Thank you, I did figure out how to change it and it works just as you said. Previously I was able to have the PIVI map on the IDD and Waze on the main screen. Now they have to match. Not ideal for me.

Old 10-09-2023, 10:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Thank you, I did figure out how to change it and it works just as you said. Previously I was able to have the PIVI map on the IDD and Waze on the main screen. Now they have to match. Not ideal for me.
Is Waze appearing in your IDD? Or are you talking about Apple Maps/Google Maps in your IDD?

Quick Reply: Update to OS 4.1.0?