Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using I phone for WIFI connection to 2022 DFNDR

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 08:26 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Using I phone for WIFI connection to 2022 DFNDR

While on our 2000 mile road trip last month (We have not agreed to using the "connect" app and apparently have the 3 month trial of AT & T data connection) I realized that the GPS traffic and other features did not work unless connected to Wifi.... So not realizing we had the 3 month data trial, I successfully paired to my phone to use that data connection... the problem is, that connection does not accomplish anything. Only when I connect to the built -in data connection do the navigation features work. So what is the point in having you be able to connect to your phone as a data source???? We were not planning on continuing the data service from JLR.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:46 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insight3fl
While on our 2000 mile road trip last month (We have not agreed to using the "connect" app and apparently have the 3 month trial of AT & T data connection) I realized that the GPS traffic and other features did not work unless connected to Wifi.... So not realizing we had the 3 month data trial, I successfully paired to my phone to use that data connection... the problem is, that connection does not accomplish anything. Only when I connect to the built -in data connection do the navigation features work. So what is the point in having you be able to connect to your phone as a data source???? We were not planning on continuing the data service from JLR.
I have the same exact issue with my 2022 Defender 110. It is maddening. I think there is an issue with the firmware as I can't update it either and doesn't even give me a build number when I check for software updates.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by oldblueeyes182
I have the same exact issue with my 2022 Defender 110. It is maddening. I think there is an issue with the firmware as I can't update it either and doesn't even give me a build number when I check for software updates.
Assuming your car is new, they all start like that. Until your first OTA update, the defender won’t show any specific software version. Be sure to double lock your car, it seems to be a key step in the software update process. My defender took a few weeks to get its first update. I’ve had three or four since then.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by insight3fl
Are you in the US? If you have connected navigation pro, just enable the AT&T data. You won’t pay anything for it for a while.
Mine is good through 2025.

The following users liked this post:
Lnberger (08-11-2021)